Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3532

1       2       3              3532      
3533
       3534              5888       5889       end

mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5639
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
We must be suffering in Northern California... it only got up to 70 this afternoon... I really think we should all keep quiet, given what Scott and folks in the northern East Coast are experiencing. Of course, I made the conscious decision to get away from winter and though I didn't go as far as either of you... I'm happy.



Come on guys! It made it past 20 here today. It is starting to threaten melting the ice.



dhamments
Registered: Aug 10, 2009
Total Posts: 1105
Country: Australia

kwoodard wrote:
Curtis, I really like the offset dandelion. I have tried to get similar shots and never get anything that I like.


+1 This composition really pleases my eye as well.... have to go out and see if I can produce something similar now (Thanks heaps Curtis)!



giag
Registered: Mar 04, 2014
Total Posts: 136
Country: United States

Thank you so much saph for the excellent 1.2 comparison.

I would say, at f2 and f2.8, I give it to the 50, for sharper clarity on whats in the focus zone. As far as bokeh overall, they are very close. And at 1.2, its very close as well. So if the 55 is gobs cheaper, then dear god its a find. a 50 is now going for 699



cadman342001
Registered: Dec 02, 2005
Total Posts: 4463
Country: Australia

Just enjoyed catching up the 12 or so pages since my last visit. Great images and chit chat.

Re: Alfas - we had an Alfasud once (boxer 4 pot engine), 3 years old, 1 owner (a doctor) that came with a very thick set of repair/service bills. Driver's side window stopped working 1st day, windscreen wipers soon after - dark, icy weather, driving with head out of window! The front brake discs were inboard and to change the handbrake cable the engine/gearbox had to be lowered !

anyways........

Having had no internet since last Thursday I have used the time watching instructional videos and post processing images using the NIK software collection, learning about control points etc. and got to grips with the adjustment brush in LR.

Here's a few examples, they are shots that I really struggled with just using LR but fortunately didn't delete (it's not easy keeping the hard disk free the D800 file sizes) - just couldn't get them how they looked to the eye.


DSC_6640-Edit by cadman342001, on Flickr


DSC_6586-Edit by cadman342001, on Flickr

HDR Efex 2


_DSC4294_HDR by cadman342001, on Flickr

and still going thro/messing about with my soap images/changing colours/toning etc.


_DSC7017 by cadman342001, on Flickr

Andy



giag
Registered: Mar 04, 2014
Total Posts: 136
Country: United States

I've been wondering for a while if my next camera upgrade would be to a 700 or if I had to go for a 800e or next gen. The pics and postings here make it clear, the d700 is a mean beast of a camera that holds its own. In the meantime, prepare for some lil 6mp fuji s5 goodness as I get posting.

that tractor shot is amazing. damn farmers were tough in those days.

The flower pictures were amazing especially the second one.

I love the avalanche protector shot Its just visually interesting.



cadman342001
Registered: Dec 02, 2005
Total Posts: 4463
Country: Australia

Pretty sure the fuji isn't permitted but I'm sure Curtis will confirm. We had someone post some with a fuji that he claimed was essentially a nikon (same sensor) but ultimately it's not a Nikon body. annnnnnnnd then he started to get antsy

See ! I have read the whole of this thread from the start (well, up to page 2857 anyways)

but you have a D7000 in your profile too yes ?

Andy



rolubich
Registered: Jun 11, 2012
Total Posts: 192
Country: Italy

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/3663#12211270

I like it a lot Leighton, it looks a little bit too sharpened on FM but it's perfect if seen on flikr.

Very appropriate title too.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/3664#12211775

Very nice set Georg, I like the first one most: the variance of colour/texture between grass, tree-trunk and branches makes the photo, and the trails are a plus.

Many thanks to you both and Ken, Jeff and Scott for the kind words for my picture.



the solitaire
Registered: Jun 22, 2013
Total Posts: 2114
Country: Germany

Reagan wrote:
The 50 vs 55 1.2 conundrum is easy to sort out
Which ever one you get the best deal on is the one you should get

It is like choosing a 21 year old blonde or a 22 year old brunette
Just take whichever one that comes along first
You will be happy with either

Reagan


Reagan, I know I posted this picture before, but in reply to your post I just have to.



A 22 year old brunette with a 55mm f1,2. Got it all sorted out.

And a picture taken with the 28mm f2,8 Ai that will go up for sale as soon as the 28 f2 N.C shows up



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12618
Country: United States

Thanks for all the comments and likes on my bad hair day image.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12618
Country: United States

giag wrote:
I've been wondering for a while if my next camera upgrade would be to a 700 or if I had to go for a 800e or next gen. The pics and postings here make it clear, the d700 is a mean beast of a camera that holds its own. In the meantime, prepare for some lil 6mp fuji s5 goodness as I get posting.

that tractor shot is amazing. damn farmers were tough in those days.

The flower pictures were amazing especially the second one.

I love the avalanche protector shot Its just visually interesting.


Giag, Andy is right about posting images from cameras other than Nikon. We would love to see your work though from the D7000 I see in your profile. It would also be nice if you'd post your first name in your profile as we like to call each other by name.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12618
Country: United States

Georg - I love the Birch set, the contrast between the green grass with the trees is very appealing.

Curtis - That dandelion is a killer shot. I'm so glad Spring has sprung in your world.

Jay - Nothing new here, there's no suspension in any modern tractor either. And being on one all day can certainly challenge the rear end, if you know what I mean.

Andy - Beautiful set, but the second one is fantastic, I love the processing. I can't tell by looking how large these are. They almost look towering, but I doubt it.

Buddy - You have a beautiful girlfriend and I love the portrait with the dog.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12618
Country: United States

Reagan wrote:
Winter is the South's way of getting back at the North for starting

"The War of Northern Aggression"


R

Then how come there's 7 inches of snow outside my window right now!



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4209
Country: South Africa

Reagan wrote:
The 50 vs 55 1.2 conundrum is easy to sort out
Which ever one you get the best deal on is the one you should get

It is like choosing a 21 year old blonde or a 22 year old brunette
Just take whichever one that comes along first
You will be happy with either

Reagan


What's wrong with BOTH? (Posted before I saw Curtis' comment) - I don't mean the lenses!!



cadman342001
Registered: Dec 02, 2005
Total Posts: 4463
Country: Australia

leighton w wrote:
Andy - Beautiful set, but the second one is fantastic, I love the processing. I can't tell by looking how large these are. They almost look towering, but I doubt it.


Thanks Leighton, they were only about 4 feet high, volcanic limestone presumably with copper content hence the green.



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4209
Country: South Africa

Ray, Samy, Ken - thanks

Leighton - we need you here - the whole greenhouse set up is one of my unrealised ambitions! Always great pics.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12618
Country: United States

cadman342001 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Andy - Beautiful set, but the second one is fantastic, I love the processing. I can't tell by looking how large these are. They almost look towering, but I doubt it.


Thanks Leighton, they were only about 4 feet high, volcanic limestone presumably with copper content hence the green.


Thanks for answering. I just love the color.



Jorgen Udvang
Registered: Aug 01, 2005
Total Posts: 2466
Country: Thailand

cadman342001 wrote:
Pretty sure the fuji isn't permitted but I'm sure Curtis will confirm. We had someone post some with a fuji that he claimed was essentially a nikon (same sensor) but ultimately it's not a Nikon body. annnnnnnnd then he started to get antsy

See ! I have read the whole of this thread from the start (well, up to page 2857 anyways)

but you have a D7000 in your profile too yes ?

Andy


If you are talking about Fuji S1/2/3/5, they are basically Nikon bodies with Fuji sensors. Nikon cameras are mostly Nikon bodies with Sony sensors. They are all native F-mount bodies. Not allowing those Fuji bodies here would be like saying Nikon film bodies aren't allowed since they use Fuji or Kodak film. Back in the day when Fuji made these cameras, Fuji photos were posted here all the time, and no one seemed to object. Rather the opposite actually, since many, myself included, shot with a mix of Fuji and Nikon bodies.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12618
Country: United States

Jorgen Udvang wrote:
cadman342001 wrote:
Pretty sure the fuji isn't permitted but I'm sure Curtis will confirm. We had someone post some with a fuji that he claimed was essentially a nikon (same sensor) but ultimately it's not a Nikon body. annnnnnnnd then he started to get antsy

See ! I have read the whole of this thread from the start (well, up to page 2857 anyways)

but you have a D7000 in your profile too yes ?

Andy


If you are talking about Fuji S1/2/3/5, they are basically Nikon bodies with Fuji sensors. Nikon cameras are mostly Nikon bodies with Sony sensors. They are all native F-mount bodies. Not allowing those Fuji bodies here would be like saying Nikon film bodies aren't allowed since they use Fuji or Kodak film. Back in the day when Fuji made these cameras, Fuji photos were posted here all the time, and no one seemed to object. Rather the opposite actually, since many, myself included, shot with a mix of Fuji and Nikon bodies.


We have NO problem what camera body is used in the forum. ONLY in this thread.



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 3699
Country: United States

Leighton, I read it to mean Reagan wished the winter upon us to get us back for that war.



leighton w wrote:
Reagan wrote:
Winter is the South's way of getting back at the North for starting

"The War of Northern Aggression"


R

Then how come there's 7 inches of snow outside my window right now!



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 3699
Country: United States

Uh oh. If we go down that path I can get a Voigtlander Bessa R2S rangefinder with the Nikon S mount for posting pics on this thread?

j/k I am not going there

Andy, good perseverance reading through that many pages!!!

leighton w wrote:
Jorgen Udvang wrote:
cadman342001 wrote:
Pretty sure the fuji isn't permitted but I'm sure Curtis will confirm. We had someone post some with a fuji that he claimed was essentially a nikon (same sensor) but ultimately it's not a Nikon body. annnnnnnnd then he started to get antsy

See ! I have read the whole of this thread from the start (well, up to page 2857 anyways)

but you have a D7000 in your profile too yes ?

Andy


If you are talking about Fuji S1/2/3/5, they are basically Nikon bodies with Fuji sensors. Nikon cameras are mostly Nikon bodies with Sony sensors. They are all native F-mount bodies. Not allowing those Fuji bodies here would be like saying Nikon film bodies aren't allowed since they use Fuji or Kodak film. Back in the day when Fuji made these cameras, Fuji photos were posted here all the time, and no one seemed to object. Rather the opposite actually, since many, myself included, shot with a mix of Fuji and Nikon bodies.


We have NO problem what camera body is used in the forum. ONLY in this thread.



1       2       3              3532      
3533
       3534              5888       5889       end