Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3493

1       2       3              3493      
       3495              4227       4228       end

georgms
Total Posts: 3388

Jay, nice take on the shop! Would love to try Cajun-cuisine somedays ;-) When I see colorful reflections like in your shot I usually go for a really low point of view.

Ray, I like your idyllic set above a lot. Beautiful colors and landscape. Very nice framing too!

Peter, nice work with the catadioptric system ;-) The "fisherman" is my fav from this set. I like how you've captured his concentrated and stout expression.
How do you like the revolving lens-mount of your Refelx-Nikkor? Is it sluggish or smooth working? I think about trying a "Reflex" too.

Leighton, nice portrait of Tess!

Philippe - great shot of the Queen! The blue-/yellow-light-mixture is very effective and "catchy". The Queen used be an avid Leica-photographer, btw. and if memory serves.

Don, outstanding work as usual! Your processing is the perfect fit for the old-fashioned style of your scenics.

Reagan
Total Posts: 2920

MDoc9523 wrote:
What beautiful eyes! Great shot Leighton. Glad to see you are using your 55mm 2.8 AIS
Phillipe wonderful colors! Is that the Queen?

Phillipe lives in France
They have a KING

Reagan

georgms

Reagan wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
What beautiful eyes! Great shot Leighton. Glad to see you are using your 55mm 2.8 AIS

Phillipe lives in France
They have a KING

Reagan

Nice catch, Reagan! Francoise the 1st and probably last

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2876

georgms wrote:
How do you like the revolving lens-mount of your Refelx-Nikkor? Is it sluggish or smooth working? I think about trying a "Reflex" too.

Not to answer for him, but I had the Tamron version of this lens and have used the Nikkor Reflex 500/8 and the 1000mm flavor too. The 500's were buttery smooth, but you kind of have to work with the lens differently than a normal lens. I don't really know how to describe it, but the workflow is different. A monopod or tripod is almost a must and mirror slap can become an issue. I really enjoyed the lens that I owned (the Tamron) and didn't mind the funny bokeh.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9268

Reagan wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Phillipe lives in France
They have a KING

Reagan

No, she looks like Queen Elizabeth.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2977

georgms wrote:
Reagan wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Phillipe lives in France
They have a KING

Reagan

Yep, he is even worse than George W.... BTW don't repeat it but I'm preparing a new Revolution... -)

leighton w

Lieutenant Z wrote:
georgms wrote:
Reagan wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Phillipe lives in France
They have a KING

Reagan

Yep, he is even worse than George W.... BTW don't repeat it but I'm preparing a new Revolution... -)

We need one of those in this country!

Reagan
Total Posts: 2920

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said

Reagan

georgms

kwoodard wrote:
georgms wrote:

Not to answer for him, but I had the Tamron version of this lens and have used the Nikkor Reflex 500/8 and the 1000mm flavor too. The 500's were buttery smooth, but you kind of have to work with the lens differently than a normal lens. I don't really know how to describe it, but the workflow is different. A monopod or tripod is almost a must and mirror slap can become an issue. I really enjoyed the lens that I owned (the Tamron) and didn't mind the funny bokeh.

Thanks, Kevin! I've read mixed reviews about the different 500 Reflex-Nikkors. The old ones have a fixed tripod-mount and a revolving lens-mount, while the latest version has a rotating tripod-collar. I've read the old fixed tripod-mount is more sturdy than the new collar.
Don't wanna spend much money for a lens with limited use, that's why I think about getting one of the old versions.

georgms

MDoc9523 wrote:

Reagan wrote:
Phillipe lives in France
They have a KING

Reagan

georgms wrote:

Lieutenant Z wrote:

leighton w wrote:

Sorry, I don't get it: do you guys want
a) Francoise
b) George W
c) a revolutioner like our good friend Philippe
for your country?

leighton w

georgms wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Reagan wrote:
Phillipe lives in France
They have a KING

Reagan

georgms wrote:

Lieutenant Z wrote:

leighton w wrote:

Sorry, I don't get it: do you guys want
a) Francoise
b) George W
c) a revolutioner like our good friend Philippe
for your country?

C

Stokesey
Total Posts: 768

Hey Pillipe that looks like a kodak moment.

Nice mix of colours and lighting

Btw ....... who is the old dame in the nurses dress?

As for the revolution ....... Are you guys sure you want another session with George W

You'd be better off with Ms Lohan as a substance abuse councillor

georgms

Sorry for starting the off-topic-stuff. Sometimes I just can't help itů

Here's a shot from a wonderful summer-vacation 2009 - my sister fishing with my niece:

D700 in DX-crop-mode, Nikkor-H 85/1.8 at f/2.8
the purple stuff are flowers in the foreground ;-)

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 479

Thanks for the comments on my road side America shot.
Philippe Nice work with the Queen, I like her waving!
Don I like the tones you are using in your night photographs. The last one reminds me of a process I used to use on B&W prints called Nelson's Gold Toning.
-Jay-

kwoodard

georgms wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
georgms wrote:

Thanks, Kevin! I've read mixed reviews about the different 500 Reflex-Nikkors. The old ones have a fixed tripod-mount and a revolving lens-mount, while the latest version has a rotating tripod-collar. I've read the old fixed tripod-mount is more sturdy than the new collar.
Don't wanna spend much money for a lens with limited use, that's why I think about getting one of the old versions.

I would suggest then the Tamron that I had. It is considered by the mirror-lens fans to be the best one. Tamron 500mm f/8 BBAR is the one to look for. Mint ones will come with a clear filter (screws on the rear element, it needs to be there its part of the light path) as well as some colored ones. I made a trade with the one I had, wish I still had it. I might try to buy it back.

raboof
Total Posts: 1478

We have one reflex-nikkor C locally here for $180. I am very very tempted.

Looking at my cabinet, I should be selling and not buying.

mp356
Total Posts: 4283

raboof wrote:

Buy...sell...buy....sell.....buy....sell

kwoodard

mp356 wrote:
raboof wrote:

Buy...sell...buy....sell.....buy....sell

Starting to sound like Reagan.

georgms

Kevin, thanks for sharing your experience! Will look after the Tamron SP (already did a quick search) and maybe the Reflex-Nikkor too. At least I'm not under time-pressure ;-)

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1080

Leighton, the Brr icicle shot is awesome. Mine did not turn out that well.
Ray, the platform pics (esp the first one) is awesome, has me thinking about what the cost for a flight is this time of year :-)

It's really not too bad, worse part is just the shoveling. Thanks for all the kind words on the Winter Sunset picture.

Leighton, watch out, I hear the NSA follows this thread

1       2       3              3493      
       3495              4227       4228       end