Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3443

1       2       3              3443      
       3445              4152       4153       end

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 12944

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Chin,I really like that street scene taken with 50/1.2 ais, well seen and captured, nice framing and colors.

another one from Strasbourg with D90 and 50/1.8 ais :

Philippe, where is your D700? Did you sell it in advance of picking up a Df?

I know from the early days of this thread when Alan was shooting with a D90 that it isn't quite as friendly with MF lenses… no non-CPU register and a much smaller viewfinder than the D700 which loves these lenses. Or are you saving for your next airplane?

rick2906
Total Posts: 932

It is a reality I have to endure every year!! Well at least it makes nice frosted barb wire and fence pictures! !

CGrindahl

Yes Rick, but you don't live in Alberta where winter lasts for eight or nine months… We've had a few participants from Calgary and it was amazing to witness how long it took for Spring to arrive. But I like your attitude. My experience is that when weather gets difficult it is time to work close. Of course, a beautiful scene with fresh snow and either crystalline blue skies or foreboding cloudy skies can be quite delicious. We'll rely on you to help us out here Rick…

Sorry, by the way that I wasn't around to greet you when you made your appearance on this thread. For the first three plus years I was at the door greeting guests, but of late I've been rambling in other realms. But this is my cyber home filled with great friends and talented photographers who happen to be the same people. I'm delighted you found us. It seems you are a kindred spirit. Welcome again…

I know you've already been welcomed by others who have long been committed to this thread. That is one of the reasons for its great success in my estimation. There are good people who are generous and kind with one another. That doesn't always happen in cyberspace, so it is worth acknowledging. Have fun!

rick2906

My brother lives in calgary and winter is not bad at all. They have shinook wind every few weeks and it melt the snow. It is also not humid as it is here in Québec! Cold+humidity goes straight trough your bones! I don't really enjoy winter because I can't ride my motorcycle! I just started 2 years ago and I love it so much! Nothing can give me the adrenaline rush I get on my bike! She is a beauty too, I'll make sur
e to post some picture when mother nature will come back to her sense and send us some warmth! Thank you Grindhal for making me feel home. That is why I like this thread more then others. Lots of talented people, friendly and respectful!

James Markus
Total Posts: 4400

Lots of beautiful work by all of you...congrats!
A many, many framed stitch with the 28mm f2.8 ais - hand balanced on a railing.

The original is over 11,000 pixels wide.

rick2906

What program did you use for the pano! ! Really nice work!!

James Markus
Total Posts: 4400

Eric, it was Photoshop's Photo Merge.

rick2906 wrote:
What program did you use for the pano! ! Really nice work!!

Zichar
Total Posts: 3505

Love it James, especially how there's only yellow, blue and red lights (+ reflections)

Zichar

It's kinda weird for me - my Flickr photostream has people in the first rows
That just won't do!
Gotta remedy that with non-people photos

The 135 was the longest lens I had
Can't get as close as Samy did
Plus my wife is suspicious the trees are bent into shape when they were growing
All of them hang over the lake picturesquely ... surely man's hand at this?

invisible trashcans by Zichar, on Flickr

CGrindahl

I agree Chin. That lens is at time maligned for distant work but this image certainly has nothing to apologize for. First rate work James. Love the light reflections on the water.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4980

Here's one more using the 35mm 1.4 AIS at F2

CGrindahl

Zichar wrote:
It's kinda weird for me - my Flickr photostream has people in the first rows
That just won't do!
Gotta remedy that with non-people photos

The 135 was the longest lens I had
Can't get as close as Samy did
Plus my wife is suspicious the trees are bent into shape when they were growing
All of them hang over the lake picturesquely ... surely man's hand at this?

"I think that I shall never see, a poem lovely as a tree…" Amazing how those words come to mind. I was fifteen years old and the director of the school choir who was also director of music at the church I attended gave me this song to sing as a solo in a school program. I'd done plenty of singing at a boy but that was in church. Singing in front of my classmates was mortifying, but what could I do when a teacher gave me the music and said "do it."

Lovely words however and certainly appropriate given what you've posted. Perhaps nature WAS given a helping hand with these trees but surely that has been part of Asian art for some time. I still find bonsai trees fascinating. Granted, I've never had the patience to create or even care for one in the past, but I still enjoy looking at them. And Japanese gardens are always a delight. There the artful placement and treatment of elements seems so uncontrived and yet it has been in the most masterful way.

A glass of excellent red wine and I'm talking too much Chin… I think it is time to go to bed. I'll pass the thread along to you.

CGrindahl

I'm going to pull a Reagan here Ray… "just sent you a PM…"

CGrindahl

Didn't say Ray, but sweet photo.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4980

Thanks Curtis I am glad you liked it. The 35mm 1.4 one lens that I truly love

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2952

CGrindahl wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
Chin,I really like that street scene taken with 50/1.2 ais, well seen and captured, nice framing and colors.

another one from Strasbourg with D90 and 50/1.8 ais :

Philippe, where is your D700? Did you sell it in advance of picking up a Df?

I know from the early days of this thread when Alan was shooting with a D90 that it isn't quite as friendly with MF lenses… no non-CPU register and a much smaller viewfinder than the D700 which loves these lenses. Or are you saving for your next airplane?

My D700 is temporarily out of service due to a problem on the mirror system, so I sent it back to Nikon.
For a moment I did consider buying a Sony A7 but I'm quite disppointed by what I have seen coming from the FM alternative threads (especially the color rendering) so I'm not sure now.
The DF is for sure a great camera (16MP is all I need) but it's way overpriced.
Actually, I'm completely charmed by the Leica rendering and I guess I would prefer a used M8.... time will tell....

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2952

rick2906 wrote:
Nothing can give me the adrenaline rush I get on my bike! !

I know what you mean, cousin, I'm a sucker for fast bikes, planes and cars....
But about adrenaline, have you tried parachuting? Nothing better than the free falling portion of a skydiver jump

leighton w
Total Posts: 9136

Eric - You might try Microsoft ICE. It's free and does just as good as job as PS, IMHO.

Chin - Love the branch and water.

Ray - I've really enjoyed your images from the 35mm of late. You're making it harder and harder!

Curtis - Good to see you chatting so much, I only wish we were on at the same time. Well...maybe not, there would be too many pages added at one time.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9136

Had a little snow overnight with more expected.

Barbara going in after chores with Gus in tow. Can you believe he's not even 5 months old yet?

Morning Chores/50-135/3.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Zichar

Yikes, I saw Barbara's post about doing mountains of paperwork. She still has to do the chores?

1       2       3              3443      
       3445              4152       4153       end