Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3441

1       2       3              3441      
       3443              4237       4238       end

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5084

Thank you Kevin
Excellent photo J.D. I love how the 180mm 2.8 turns the background into butter. Very nicely done!

leighton w
Total Posts: 9279

Socalpicman wrote:
Thanks Ray, Scott and Kevin for the nice comments on my pics.

Great shots again all.

Ray, Ronnie and Leighton excellent shots, but your hard on the pocket book. Now you have me shopping for Efex Pro software. Leighton has already made me to buy the 50-135. Ronnie and others are still tempting me with the 135 F2.0 and Ray keeps posting those great shots with the 35 1.4 I may have to add it also to my wish list. I was hoping the 35 F2.0 that I have would fill that focal length for now.

Well I was in line at a fast food place and looked over and saw this flower in the shade of a big tree with rays of light poking through so snapped this bird of paradise flower. It's a little past it's prime but still a nice flower.

With the 180 F2.8

Thanks for looking,
JD

Beautiful JD, worthy of another look.

cadman342001
Total Posts: 2891

A few from our trip to Sydney earlier in the year

Socalpicman
Total Posts: 156

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you Kevin
Excellent photo J.D. I love how the 180mm 2.8 turns the background into butter. Very nicely done!

It does that very well indeed. You wouldn't know there is a chain link fence and the upper right is a parking lot area and a dumpster or small storage shed as a back ground.

JD

mp356
Total Posts: 4286

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ronny, #2 is great
Rick2906 : Québec ? Are you a cousin Québecois?

From Strasbourg, D90 + 28/2.8 ais :

Nice one Philippe.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2879

leighton w wrote:
Socalpicman wrote:
Thanks Ray, Scott and Kevin for the nice comments on my pics.

Great shots again all.

Ray, Ronnie and Leighton excellent shots, but your hard on the pocket book. Now you have me shopping for Efex Pro software. Leighton has already made me to buy the 50-135. Ronnie and others are still tempting me with the 135 F2.0 and Ray keeps posting those great shots with the 35 1.4 I may have to add it also to my wish list. I was hoping the 35 F2.0 that I have would fill that focal length for now.

Well I was in line at a fast food place and looked over and saw this flower in the shade of a big tree with rays of light poking through so snapped this bird of paradise flower. It's a little past it's prime but still a nice flower.

With the 180 F2.8

Thanks for looking,
JD

Beautiful JD, worthy of another look.

I agree... Nicely seen and shot.

Leighton, how are you getting quoted images to show up?

mp356

MDoc9523 wrote:
Great edit Leighton the lighting is wonderful. BTW I had a chance to use the 35mm 1.4 after dark last night and can I just say that is the lens that you and Scott should get if you possibly can!

Nice images Ray. You are you tempting me again.

mp356

Socalpicman wrote:

With the 180 F2.8

Thanks for looking,
JD

Very nice JD.

leighton w

kwoodard wrote:

Leighton, how are you getting quoted images to show up?

Right click on image>copy image URL>Paste below quote.

georgms
Total Posts: 3399

JD, congrats to your 180/2.8 and the fine bird-shots you've took with it!

Chin, love the "solo-dog" - reminds me of Higgs and Monty's takes on this tiny fella ;-)

Ronny, the dragonfly (especially the 1st shot) is captured in a superb fashion!

Philippe, the light on the Strasbourg-image is amazing.

Leighton, I like the look of your "Redo" a lot - maybe it's a bit too crisp at web display size.

Ray, very nice shooting with your 35/1.4! The night-time architecture-details are really great.

Andy, the "Japanese Garden" looks really interesting, a great wide-angle-subject!

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7697

Kevin, sorry about your losses this year. Hopefully next year treats you a lot better

Been sitting on the sidelines reading a lot here, and not posting much, since my focus has been on A&P II along with the photo class I took. The finals were this week, the final presentation of photos went well, I think, and now there's about 3 weeks off till Spring semester starts. Going to get lots of rest in while I can.

The museum got the other two galleries opened back up, so I think I'm going to go spend a few hours in there checking things out again. Sure wish I could get a nice shot of the Valkyrie that's parked in there...

georgms
Total Posts: 3399

Laura, nice to hear/read from you! Had to google the term "Valkyrie" - and well, the XB-70 should make a nice subject ;-)

Zichar
Total Posts: 3520

Thanks georg

>>

I'm still waiting for a translation from my Japanese friend
Unless someone here reads and can tell me what they're up to?
They posed every time a camera was pointed in their direction
I was one of the last and they held as long as they could for me (three shots, mis-focused the first two)
The usual pose for woman in the trenchcoat was with right leg out, chin out, left hand on waist
Wish I caught that

queen gertrude by Zichar, on Flickr

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13091

What I love about that photo Chin is how COOOOL everyone looks… in our new age when cool matters more than anything else. My guess is they're protesting the closing of an upscale clothing shop…

Love the photo though, especially the little girl at the right edge who is leaning in to figure out what is going on with this troupe. Very nice. And I bet they didn't for a minute mind having their photo taken.

leighton w

georgms wrote:

Leighton, I like the look of your "Redo" a lot - maybe it's a bit too crisp at web display size.

Thanks Georg. I think Flickr increased sharpness.

leighton w

Laura, good to see you again.

Chin, I love it!

MDoc9523

Thank you Scott and Georg for the nice comments
Andy travel photos are among my favorites and yours are wonderful, especially the last one!
Chin great photo with a terrific cast of characters.
Laura it's so nice to see you. Can't wait to see some of your terrific photos!

MDoc9523

Here's some photos of the Disney Epcot Spaceship Earth using the 16mm 3.5 from our trip this week.

rick2906
Total Posts: 934

I really like the second one Ray! Im sure you must had some fun there!

MDoc9523

Thank you Eric, yes we had a wonderful time. The only thing we didn't get to see was the Osborne Christmas lights. They had that exhibit closed for a special event. We hope to go back next Weds. to see them. They constitute over 5 million lights that adorn a "downtown area" with moving and dancing lights. It is an amazing spectacle. Here's a link that shows how the work.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/osbornelights.htm

1       2       3              3441      
       3443              4237       4238       end