Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3440

1       2       3              3440      
       3442              4363       4364       end

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13301

I've been away too long… When was the decision made to change language on this thread?

Francophones are INCORRIGIBLE…

Actually, we're quite blessed to have so many English speaking participants on this thread given the fact for so many it is a second language. We could fill the place with Dutch, French, German, Malay, Romanian, Swedish and I bet Don does a fine job with Italian after thirty years of living there and marrying a young Italian woman. No doubt if we heard those from Australian speaking we'd think THAT was a foreign language as well…

And yes, Rick, Google translator can be a wonderful resource. Rinie will sometimes send me announcement about her choir performing and they're quite naturally in Dutch. The translator seems much improved to me from earlier efforts.

Stay warm everyone, at least those north of the equator. Of course Peter is likely looking forward to a warm summer as well.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9567

Good to see you Curtis, hope your cold is better.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2542

Last for tonight

Analog Efex Pro

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

leighton w

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Last for tonight

Analog Efex Pro

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

I've been using Analog Efex Pro some as well. I find it to be quite enjoyable in it's rendering of some images.

CGrindahl

leighton w wrote:

A bit better Leighton, thanks. I'm not certain how available I'll be for my family who is arriving this afternoon but I hope to spend a bit of time with them before they head home on Sunday. I'm invested full time in caring for myself with plenty of rest, fluids, healthy food, a bit of exercise. Colds tend to have a natural course, so I'm just riding it out as best I can.

I guess it must be winter given the fact you're showing up on the thread in the middle of the week. I know winter is here in some parts of the U.S. Fortunately, our freezing overnight temperatures are giving way slowly and we might even see 70 this weekend. I will not complain.

Be well my friend.

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:

A bit better Leighton, thanks. I'm not certain how available I'll be for my family who is arriving this afternoon but I hope to spend a bit of time with them before they head home on Sunday. I'm invested full time in caring for myself with plenty of rest, fluids, healthy food, a bit of exercise. Colds tend to have a natural course, so I'm just riding it out as best I can.

I guess it must be winter given the fact you're showing up on the thread in the middle of the week. I know winter is here in some parts of the U.S. Fortunately, our freezing overnight temperatures are giving way slowly and we might even see 70 this weekend. I will not complain.

Be well my friend.

You guessed it. The below freezing as a high has me taking a little vacation. Glad you're feeling better.

leighton w

Speaking of Analog Efex Pro, I did a redo of an earlier image using this plug-in.

Redo by Leighton W, on Flickr

CGrindahl

That's gorgeous Leighton. I guess if there isn't anything else to do… and you can handle a cold camera, taking photos is not a bad thing to be doing when you have dramatic conditions like this. Beautiful setting… that you call home. Pretty sweet.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Great edit Leighton the lighting is wonderful. BTW I had a chance to use the 35mm 1.4 after dark last night and can I just say that is the lens that you and Scott should get if you possibly can!

leighton w

Thank you Curtis and Ray.

Ray, you are definitely making a case for the 35/1.4. All are good, but I LOVE that last shot!

CGrindahl

So the temporary swap didn't happen? Yes, Ray, the 35 f/1.4 is a stellar lens both in low light and in full color as a landscape lens. You show its low light capabilities very well… but I don't see any snow so I guess you're still at home. I spoke with my nephew on Tuesday and he told me he'd played golf that afternoon during a visit to Tampa for business. Nice business to be in… But yesterday he flew back to Minnesota and today he and his wife flew to San Francisco… jet setters I guess…

Nice not to think about winter, unless of course, you're counting snowbirds…

MDoc9523

Thanks Leighton. I remember when I was using the older Canon DSLR and after the sun went down I was pretty much done shooting. The noise was so bad but with the D600 and the 35mm 1.4 AIS I was in heaven last night

MDoc9523

CGrindahl wrote:
So the temporary swap didn't happen? Yes, Ray, the 35 f/1.4 is a stellar lens both in low light and in full color as a landscape lens. You show its low light capabilities very well… but I don't see any snow so I guess you're still at home. I spoke with my nephew on Tuesday and he told me he'd played golf that afternoon during a visit to Tampa for business. Nice business to be in… But yesterday he flew back to Minnesota and today he and his wife flew to San Francisco… jet setters I guess…

Nice not to think about winter, unless of course, you're counting snowbirds…

For sure Curtis. This time of year all of my snowbird friends are making their way to the sunny south.
I simply could not trade my 35mm 1.4, no matter how much I wanted Leighton's 50mm 1.2
Hope you get to feeling better my friend!

leighton w

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thanks Leighton. I remember when I was using the older Canon DSLR and after the sun went down I was pretty much done shooting. The noise was so bad but with the D600 and the 35mm 1.4 AIS I was in heaven last night

I see you shot that at 1800 ISO. I've gone as high as 25,000 and was amazed at the file.

No Curtis, the trade didn't happen. I was wanting this FL for the market, and since that's closed there was no reason to do it. Plus, Ray would have gotten the worst end of that deal, monetarily.

rick2906
Total Posts: 941

Ray your last shot is really good! !!

MDoc9523

Thank you Eric.
Leighton here's a photo at ISO 12,800

philipj
Total Posts: 851

Ray - at what aperture are you shooting those night scenes with the 35mm f/1.4? Really nice work!

Stokesey wrote:
Phillip - Margot is going to be a heart-throb for someone before you know it !!!

I hope it is not for a very very long time!

MDoc9523

Thank you Philip. I shot most of them at 2.8 and the last of the three was at F2.0

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3048

That third shot above is a stellar shot! Very nice work Ray, very nice.

Socalpicman
Total Posts: 156

Thanks Ray, Scott and Kevin for the nice comments on my pics.

Great shots again all.

Ray, Ronnie and Leighton excellent shots, but your hard on the pocket book. Now you have me shopping for Efex Pro software. Leighton has already made me to buy the 50-135. Ronnie and others are still tempting me with the 135 F2.0 and Ray keeps posting those great shots with the 35 1.4 I may have to add it also to my wish list. I was hoping the 35 F2.0 that I have would fill that focal length for now.

Well I was in line at a fast food place and looked over and saw this flower in the shade of a big tree with rays of light poking through so snapped this bird of paradise flower. It's a little past it's prime but still a nice flower.

With the 180 F2.8

Thanks for looking,
JD

1       2       3              3440      
       3442              4363       4364       end