Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3401

1       2       3              3401      
3402
       3403              5887       5888       end

georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 4045
Country: Germany

Larry, the stadium is superbly framed - and the guy in the shadow is the icing on the cake. The only thing that makes me wonder is the tilt.
And thank you - VSCO is short for "Visual Supply Co" - a company that makes plugins that mimic all kind of films. If you see digital shots that look faded, grainy and kinda dull - you might have found results of those plugins ;-) I really like their plugins for some shots, but not for all.

Gregg - thank you! Those small fishing vessels are still common along the coasts of "my" Baltic Sea.



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9304
Country: United States

Thanks Peter, I usually do a quick peek in here in the mornings before I head out for school, and in the evenings if I'm not running in the door just in time to fall into bed. Not sure how much longer I can keep the pace up though Only two more classes to go after this semester before I have nothing left to do but wait to get into the program.

Oosty wrote:
Firstly - apologies to Ben. I had mentally welcomed him back but on looking at my posts there's nothing there. Welcome back mate, hope you had a good Australia Day.

Jay - thank you

Mishu - thank you. Remember the D200 was and still is a terrific camera and with improvements in pp technology can still produce good pictures. It has its drawbacks at high iso and presumably for very large prints but I can count the prints of my images on the fingers of one hand so that's not an issue for me.
Hope you stay warm tonite.

Laura - good to see that you keep tabs on us. looking forward to having you back shooting for us soon.

Chin - thank you. The white on the sausage is a preservative and they tasted amazing! Love your squid - lovely to eat.

Scott -thanks. I think this was from the cable station at the to of the Aguille but it might be from the one 3/4 way up.

Leighton - thanks. I'm surprised there's no salami at your market. Is there bacon or ham? I'd have thought hickory smoked ham would be a natural.

George - thank you.

Samy - I like all your latest images. Have you tried golfers hand warmers for your pockets - they're very effective.



raboof
Registered: Mar 04, 2011
Total Posts: 2094
Country: United States

Nice shots, Ray. Good to hear that it might be come your most favorite lens.. second is the 20mm f3.5 and the 300mm f4.5 ED comes in third?


Good to hear from the veterans. I have nothing else to shoot but porn.







NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9304
Country: United States

I've posted here and there recently at least Trying to keep the grades up so I don't have to spend forever on a wait list....

leighton w wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
I wound up with one,

leighton w wrote:
Great to see old friends bantering away once again, part of the reason this is a special place on the internet. It's also good to see new folks join the thread and be so willing to share.

I'm not sure another big lens adventure is the way to go either, but perhaps something like Curtis or Peter mentioned. Besides, after Nikki made it to the valley, and I had a turn with her, I wanted one for months afterwards. So I REALLY don't want to be lusting over a Zeiss 135/2!

Let's hear from you new folks, this is just as much your thread as anyone elses.



It must be old homecoming week. Good to see you.



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9304
Country: United States

Ray, that's gonna start a rush on the 20mm lens for sure!

pbraymond wrote:
Here's an experiment. First, the setup (sorry, not shot with a Nikon, simply to show the setup). The pictures are still a severe crop from a D800 file.


Nikon DSLR + Nikon reversing ring BR2 + 20mm f3.5 AI + two extension tubes + cokin filter ring + clear filter




Snowflake 1




Snowflake 2



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Great porn Chuong. Maybe one day I will have all of your lenses
BTW don't forget about the 135 F2
Great to see you Laura. I really admire your efforts in going back to school. SO true about Rays photos. I beat the rush and have already purchased my 20mm 3.5 AIS from Chuong



rafaelcasd
Registered: Jan 07, 2011
Total Posts: 2484
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
Leighton sorry somehow I missed your comment earlier when you said the 55mm 1.2 K might end up being my favorite lens. Today I took the lens over to the garden next door to try it out in the real world. All of the photos are at 1.2 because my aperture ring hasn't come back yet. Most of the reviews I read about this lens say it isn't sharp at 1.2, but from what I experienced today I think they are wrong. This may very well end up being my favorite lens










Ray, it is my favorite lens, I got three!


Nikkor 55mm 1.2 SC S and ai by Rafael CA, on Flickr



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Rafael I decided on the 55mm 1.2 over the 135 F2 in large part because of you. When I looked at photos on flickr using this lens a lot of them were yours. Thanks for the advice, it was right on!
Those are some beautiful examples that you have!



rafaelcasd
Registered: Jan 07, 2011
Total Posts: 2484
Country: United States

Been busy with sick family, they are good now, but no pictures to show of any value. Haven't looked at the thread either, but settling down to do so.

As a greeting, bark with a 20cm on a PN11 and some landscape with the 5.8cm.


nippn kogaku nikkor nikon 20cm 4.0 D3 palm bark by Rafael CA, on Flickr


nippon kogaku nikkor nikon 20cm 4.0 D3 Black eucalyptus bark side by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nippon kogaku nikkor nikon 5.8cm 1.4 D3 Ivy on Pepper tree by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nippon kogaku nikkor nikon 5.8cm 1.4 D3 mandarins and palms by Rafael CA, on Flickr




Jeephoto
Registered: Mar 12, 2013
Total Posts: 63
Country: United States

georgms wrote:
Larry, the stadium is superbly framed - and the guy in the shadow is the icing on the cake. The only thing that makes me wonder is the tilt.
And thank you - VSCO is short for "Visual Supply Co" - a company that makes plugins that mimic all kind of films. If you see digital shots that look faded, grainy and kinda dull - you might have found results of those plugins ;-) I really like their plugins for some shots, but not for all.

Gregg - thank you! Those small fishing vessels are still common along the coasts of "my" Baltic Sea.


George,

Thanks for the critique; I went in and fixed the tilt on the photo.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5639
Country: United States

Samy, I like the fašade shot of 220 Saratoga Street. Nice play of tree shadows superimposed on the detailed front of the building.

Ray, WOW! Great snowflake micros.

Georg, I really like that small fishing boat. The lighting is very nice.

Ken, nice Corvette. My rear view mirror does not say anything neat like yours.

Ray, nice series with the 55 1.2. I agree with Georg that the purple fringing is out of control in the first image. Nice one Georg.

Larry, nice silhouette image of the stadium and person.

Chuong, nice lens porn.

Rafael, even more lens porn. I really like the two close-ups of the tree bark. Great texture and colors.

Thank you all for the comments and likes on the night street shots. My fingers have finally thawed.



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Thanks you Scott



rafaelcasd
Registered: Jan 07, 2011
Total Posts: 2484
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
Rafael I decided on the 55mm 1.2 over the 135 F2 in large part because of you. When I looked at photos on flickr using this lens a lot of them were yours. Thanks for the advice, it was right on!
Those are some beautiful examples that you have!


Thanks Ray, they cost me $10,000 each if I had worked all the hours spent looking for them.



rafaelcasd
Registered: Jan 07, 2011
Total Posts: 2484
Country: United States

5.8cm at 1.4


nippon kogaku nikkor nikon 5.8cm D3 socal invasive species by Rafael CA, on Flickr



rolubich
Registered: Jun 11, 2012
Total Posts: 192
Country: Italy

A lot of pictures of 50-135mm f/3.5 have been posted in the last few pages, I want to chime in.
It's a great lens with a nice focal range, one of my first MF lenses.

D700 and f/4 for both






Full Res






Full Res



bruni
Registered: Feb 15, 2012
Total Posts: 1650
Country: Australia

went out with the 85mm f1.4 ais today and took pics at the same locales as with the 50 - 135 and 75 - 150 yesterday and the day before.

I think the 85mm might be sharper than both of them (the first 2 pics), but the 75 - 150 was pretty good (the second 2 (except for the focus problem I had)).

ben









leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12618
Country: United States

Ken Hill wrote:
Leighton,

I'm in South Carolina where this was taken. I have to do some research because Florida was Spanish ruled then English ruled at the time of the war for independence and there were some engagements in the panhandle.

We do have some Civil War battle fields, the largest being Olustee, where 2000 Union and 1000 Confederate died. There is an Olustee re-enactment in the middle of February and my buddy has been promoted to 1st Sergeant and I'm bringing the camera.


Well now...I'm even more embarrassed because I didn't read the marker very well. Thanks for pointing that out.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12618
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
Leighton sorry somehow I missed your comment earlier when you said the 55mm 1.2 K might end up being my favorite lens. Today I took the lens over to the garden next door to try it out in the real world. All of the photos are at 1.2 because my aperture ring hasn't come back yet. Most of the reviews I read about this lens say it isn't sharp at 1.2, but from what I experienced today I think they are wrong. This may very well end up being my favorite lens








Ray, the mailbox and birdbath are really really nice. You have a fine kit with the addition of this lens.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12618
Country: United States

Larry - I really like the stadium shot, very well framed.

Rafael - Glad to hear the family is on the mend. Love the bark and ivy! One of these days I might try the 55/1.2 if I stumble across a good deal.

Roberto - Ah yes, another convert! What's not to love?

Ben - I very much like the composition and perspective of the first two, not to mention the processing. Well done.



Ken Hill
Registered: Jul 28, 2013
Total Posts: 1118
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Ken Hill wrote:
Leighton,

I'm in South Carolina where this was taken. I have to do some research because Florida was Spanish ruled then English ruled at the time of the war for independence and there were some engagements in the panhandle.

We do have some Civil War battle fields, the largest being Olustee, where 2000 Union and 1000 Confederate died. There is an Olustee re-enactment in the middle of February and my buddy has been promoted to 1st Sergeant and I'm bringing the camera.


Well now...I'm even more embarrassed because I didn't read the market very well. Thanks for pointing that out.



That's OK I edited my first reply because I didn't address the Revolutionary War question you posed. In my case I suspect my reading glasses aren't sending the right images to my brain.



1       2       3              3401      
3402
       3403              5887       5888       end