Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3392

1       2       3              3392      
3393
       3394              5889       5890       end

mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5639
Country: United States

John, I really like the back-lit ferry "art work". Nice graphics.

Gregg, welcome aboard. I have had the 200 f4 micro for just a short while but have been impressed with its quality and versatility. Looking forward to your images.

Ian, great lighting and composition in the portrait.

Fons, very nice horse image. Welcome to the group.

Leighton, these are both very nice. The blue ice conveys a wonderful sense of cold. The sunrise looks deceivingly warm. We both know different.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

mp356 wrote:

Leighton, these are both very nice. The blue ice conveys a wonderful sense of cold. The sunrise looks deceivingly warm. We both know different.


Thanks Scott. I'm sure it's colder in your neck of the woods.



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Mr. G wrote:
pbraymond wrote:
Welcome Gregg. That looks like a really nice 200 micro


You should know Ray .......

Tomorrow I'm off and I get to go out and play with it ........


I know you will love it! I can't wait to see your results. Not many here have that particular lens

Ray



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Look what I got in the mail today from Chuong. My "new" Nikkor 55mm 1.2 K version. It is the big brother to my 50mm 1.4K. One of the first lenses that I bought on this journey. I have to take it to my brother-in-law to remove the screws, he has the proper japanese screw drivers. Then after I remove the aperture ring I will give it my good friend, who is a machinist to trim the lens to AI. He trimmed the 50mm 1.4.



HCE HCE
Registered: Apr 15, 2012
Total Posts: 865
Country: United States

Ian Very engaging, very nice. I looked up Petzval to find some modern products!

Ken Thanks, the towers elevate wood water tanks, some tanks are exposed, some enclosed, and some missing, and there are a lot of them. I have not seen how they got the water up there though The V1 looks like fun.

Fons Beautiful mood and tones.

Leighton Love Blue Ice especially. Maybe all those streaks in the beautiful skies of your landscapes are people flying to Florida? It is a cool 40 or so here at worst, single digits is serious cold! Stay warm.

Ray Thanks, the fire was a nice warm subject. The pelicans are wonderful closeups!
Congratulations on the 1.2.

John That fisheye shot is really great. I feel like I'm there!

Gregg New lens, good results.

Larry The night ferry ride sounds good.

-Jay-



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Thanks Jay and you're right, we're in a flightpath to the South and Southwest.

http://www.flightradar24.com/40.52,-101.43/4

Ray, congrats again on the 55. That's some difference in size.



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Thanks Leighton. It is a bit larger than the 50mm 1.4 and the glass is beautiful!



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 4045
Country: Germany

Fons, welcome here at this wonderful thread! Your first post here is an instant favorite. Love the gentle light, the framing, the shallow depth of field.

Leighton, "Blue Ice" is a really nice picture. Love the colors and your framing. Are the cloud-stripes vapor trails? edit: Just read your answer.

Ken, nice experiments with the V1! I've played a lot with the V1+FT1-combo. It might sound offensive, but in my opinion very few lenses are well suited to give great results with this set up. But it's very cool to try all kind of Nikkor's out on the V1 ;-)
Here are a couple of shots with the FT1 - just in case you're interested ;-)

Ray, congrats to your 55/1.2! I hope the conversion will be smooth and fast - can't wait to see your images from and your thoughts about this fine Nikkor!



Fons Baerken
Registered: Jan 20, 2014
Total Posts: 92
Country: Netherlands

Thank you all for your warm reception,
i have a bunch of mf nikkors so let us see what i can offer.



rick2906
Registered: Jan 04, 2013
Total Posts: 1374
Country: Canada

I would need your advice guys!! I sent my camera to nikon because it seems to behave weirdly lately. I will give you a link to my dropbox and can you tell me what you think? I think my sensor is acting!

In dsc6434 you can see weird pixel and colors, in dcs6507 same thing highly pixelated and dsc6566 is this natural flare?? First time I see flare like this.

Please let me know what you think!

here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pkruleb43bvb6gj/7kLiGZ3bT6



HCE HCE
Registered: Apr 15, 2012
Total Posts: 865
Country: United States

Leighton Thanks for the link.

Not much new here to shoot, but I changed to long focal length.
D800 300mm f/4.5 ED-IF on a PK 13 tube, the lens set to f/5.6
This is a focal stack of 8 images.





-Jay-


HCE HCE
Registered: Apr 15, 2012
Total Posts: 865
Country: United States

rick2906 wrote:
I would need your advice guys!! I sent my camera to nikon because it seems to behave weirdly lately. I will give you a link to my dropbox and can you tell me what you think? I think my sensor is acting!

In dsc6434 you can see weird pixel and colors, in dcs6507 same thing highly pixelated and dsc6566 is this natural flare?? First time I see flare like this.

Please let me know what you think!

here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pkruleb43bvb6gj/7kLiGZ3bT6


I looked at all 3 and, allowing for the subject and exposure there is nothing unusual going on.
-Jay-



rick2906
Registered: Jan 04, 2013
Total Posts: 1374
Country: Canada

Jay in 6507, just up from the cloud on the right side, if you do a 1/1 zoom don't you see lots of weird pixel?? all the top part of the picture contain weird pixel on my laptop screen.

It might be my laptop screen that's screwed too.



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 8408
Country: United States

Fons Baerken wrote:
I ll give it a try with a first image

D800 ai -ed 135 @ f2




Excellent Fons! This shows as you and I already know that the 135/2 is no slouch . . . .



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 4682
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
Look what I got in the mail today from Chuong. My "new" Nikkor 55mm 1.2 K version. It is the big brother to my 50mm 1.4K. One of the first lenses that I bought on this journey. I have to take it to my brother-in-law to remove the screws, he has the proper japanese screw drivers. Then after I remove the aperture ring I will give it my good friend, who is a machinist to trim the lens to AI. He trimmed the 50mm 1.4.



The very lens I want... Nice!



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 4682
Country: United States

For some reason the C47/DC3 shot didn't link properly. Here it is again (not taken with anything Nikon though, please forgive me).



cadman342001
Registered: Dec 02, 2005
Total Posts: 4465
Country: Australia

Up to page 1700 of the thread, saw some night sky star images from MarkdV from switzerland so though I'd share a few I took inland from here, a place called Chillagoe, they have old smelters/mines/caves etc.

My first and only attempt at this. D800/20f2.8. Looking forward to doing more when conditions are right. Not sure what it's like elsewhere but unlike the uk where I used to live, here you can see it clearly just in the garden.

The campsite actually has a small observatory on the site that I thought would be good to include. The old smelter stacks too and we were in a friends VW camper so included that in one for the owner (who was touring the world again, this time for her 50th)
Wanted to do some star trails but the camera/grip/remote intervalometer just wouldn't play nicely for some reason.

Set the scene - here's the smelters in daytime. You're not allowed to go near due to safety so you walk along a path on the cliff. Slightly more perilous at night in pitch darkness !


DSC_6307 by cadman342001, on Flickr

Here it is again at night. It was pleasantly warm so we took a bottle of red for company
Winter here means clear skies and coincides with the Milky Way at it's most visible.


DSC_6547 by cadman342001, on Flickr

Best star trail I could get cos of the camera crapping out on me


DSC_6549 by cadman342001, on Flickr

One including the VeeDub combi. The light is coming from the Rodeo taking place in "town" - annoying but at least we had some C&W while we had wine


DSC_6543 by cadman342001, on Flickr


Just the Milky Way


DSC_6542 by cadman342001, on Flickr


DSC_6552 by cadman342001, on Flickr


DSC_6550 by cadman342001, on Flickr

One including the observatory. Didn't change the WB on this cos I kinda liked the colours.


DSC_6242 by cadman342001, on Flickr

Andy



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5639
Country: United States

Jay, nice flower composition.

Kevin, that is an impressive model plane.

Andy, terrific star exposures. I like the first night exposure the best.



Ken Hill
Registered: Jul 28, 2013
Total Posts: 1118
Country: United States

Georg - That's quite a V1 folder you have with many fine photo's. The V1 is a bit tricky to use with no CPU and manual focus and metering. I've had more luck with my AF-S lenses on the FT1.
Ray - I like the side by side photo. Almost looks like twins. Arlen took a 50mm 1.2 Ai in trade and he's keeping it (for a while!)
Andy - We never see a sky like that in Florida.



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 8408
Country: United States

cadman342001 wrote:
Up to page 1700 of the thread, saw some night sky star images from MarkdV from switzerland so though I'd share a few I took inland from here, a place called Chillagoe, they have old smelters/mines/caves etc.

My first and only attempt at this. D800/20f2.8. Looking forward to doing more when conditions are right. Not sure what it's like elsewhere but unlike the uk where I used to live, here you can see it clearly just in the garden.

The campsite actually has a small observatory on the site that I thought would be good to include. The old smelter stacks too and we were in a friends VW camper so included that in one for the owner (who was touring the world again, this time for her 50th)
Wanted to do some star trails but the camera/grip/remote intervalometer just wouldn't play nicely for some reason.

Set the scene - here's the smelters in daytime. You're not allowed to go near due to safety so you walk along a path on the cliff. Slightly more perilous at night in pitch darkness !


DSC_6307 by cadman342001, on Flickr

Here it is again at night. It was pleasantly warm so we took a bottle of red for company
Winter here means clear skies and coincides with the Milky Way at it's most visible.


DSC_6547 by cadman342001, on Flickr

Best star trail I could get cos of the camera crapping out on me


DSC_6549 by cadman342001, on Flickr

One including the VeeDub combi. The light is coming from the Rodeo taking place in "town" - annoying but at least we had some C&W while we had wine


DSC_6543 by cadman342001, on Flickr


Just the Milky Way


DSC_6542 by cadman342001, on Flickr


DSC_6552 by cadman342001, on Flickr


DSC_6550 by cadman342001, on Flickr

One including the observatory. Didn't change the WB on this cos I kinda liked the colours.


DSC_6242 by cadman342001, on Flickr

Andy

Fantastic Andy!



1       2       3              3392      
3393
       3394              5889       5890       end