Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3382

1       2       3              3382      
       3384              3792       3793       end

raboof
Total Posts: 1333

Georg - So it's me, not the monitor. I get it.
Thanks Chin.

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 340

Zichar wrote:
Wow what an expression. Nicely caught georg. What genre of music was she singing?

Must have been the 'Ring Cycle' Wonderful capture.

Chin Love that rock.
-----------------------------------
One more 55 tube shot.

-Jay-

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2374

raboof wrote:
Georg - So it's me, not the monitor. I get it.
Thanks Chin.

I looked at the image on two different monitors, both calibrated. Depending on the viewing angle on one of them it looks a tad underexposed. The other one (stationary monitor) looks like what Georg posted...fine exposure, but the faces are a bit dark.

raboof
Total Posts: 1333

Thanks Kevin

r_o_b_s_o_n
Total Posts: 2332

georgms wrote:

Robson, amazing micro-shots! Did you hand-hold these?

Georg: yes, i did hand hold these, but i used flash so i could get more depth of field and a faster shutter speed. I think i was using f11 with the reverse mounted 35mm?

Thank you everyone for your comments! I don't do too many macro's!!

I just love this thread!! There are so many fabulous shots here! And all with crappy old lenses that no one would want! Why even bother with these pieces of junk when you could have a much bigger and heavier, less versitile and more expensive AF-S type G lens instead!!

mp356
Total Posts: 3949

HCE HCE wrote:
This is the latest in my experiments with wide open panos, using a D800 and 45mm f/2.8 PC-E.

-Jay-

Jay, nice take on a quaint home.

mp356

Zichar wrote:
Way past my bedtime, but kinda happy because my brother just flew in for a conference and we met for dinner

He laughed as he remembered trying to take this with his iPhone
Smaller package notwithstanding heh with the 45PCE

squiggles by Zichar, on Flickr

Lovely Chin. Great colors and so peaceful.

Oosty
Total Posts: 3938

Dean, Jeff and Samy - thanks for the comments on my Karroo shots.

Very nice work here - I'm too busy to comment separately but thanks for sharing and contributing to this magnificent community

mp356

Thank you everyone for the comments on the Somesville bridge images.
Scott

georgms
Total Posts: 3015

Zichar wrote:
Wow what an expression. Nicely caught georg. What genre of music was she singing?

Thanks, Chin! She was performing a one-song-playback-show, don't recall the lyrics, some locally produced carnival-sway-and-drink type of song.
I was standing in front of the speakers, oh no, please, have mercy!

Btw, love your sunset-photograph! Outstanding work as usual.

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 340

georgms wrote:

Jay, very nice pano! Did you move the whole camera or just the lens? The 45 PC-E is already one of my favorite MF-Nikkors, I just wish it would come in a smaller package ;-)
PS: Love, love, love the last fall-color-shot! The light and colors are fantastic.

Georg I like the lens but don't use it much. I used some small amount of rise and pivoted the lens on a rail.
-Jay-

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2374

Thought I would share a shot I took with the Nikkor 50/1.4 K on the Fuji X-E1. Was thinking about Ronny when I took this one. Now granted, I don't have the full editing arsenal on my laptop as I do on my desktop, but this is a LR5.2 edit using stock tools. I like how it came out. Would love to hear your thoughts... Still learning LR. Miss you folks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinwoodard/10812442945/

the solitaire
Total Posts: 619

MDoc9523 wrote:
Buddy if I am not mistaken that looks to be a Canon shooter

And AF as well. I already figured that those two facts would disqualify the picture from being posted.

She´s a very talented photographer though, so I keep forgiving her for such obvious mistakes

4mpx
Total Posts: 157

Southern Boo-book :

D800, AI-S 105/2.5, @f/2.5.

the solitaire
Total Posts: 619

If you can get that close then that is no shy bird. Very nice capture and one of my favorite focal lengths too.

deang001
Total Posts: 1492

MDoc9523 wrote:
D600 and 300mm 4.5 EDIF

"Do these feathers make my butt look big?"

Nice shot ... perfect caption too

deang001
Total Posts: 1492

georgms wrote:
Thanks for your comments on the fisheye-portraits, Ray and Jay - really much appreciated!

Here's another portrait, shot today with my old and scratched SC Auto 50/1.4:

start into the carnival-season - not exactly my way to spend spare time ;-)
This lady and many other alarming cheerful revelers were flooding the city hall today...

Greta shot, Georg. Love your processing as always.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1076

r_o_b_s_o_n wrote:

georgms wrote:

Georg: yes, i did hand hold these, but i used flash so i could get more depth of field and a faster shutter speed. I think i was using f11 with the reverse mounted 35mm?

I just love this thread!! There are so many fabulous shots here! And all with crappy old lenses that no one would want! Why even bother with these pieces of junk when you could have a much bigger and heavier, less versitile and more expensive AF-S type G lens instead!!

It is because we are homeless hobos pushing supermarket carts full of old lenses that we found in the recycling bin.

georgms

rafaelcasd wrote:
r_o_b_s_o_n wrote:

georgms wrote:

It is because we are homeless hobos pushing supermarket carts full of old lenses that we found in the recycling bin.

Rafael, you could hook the supermarket cart full of old lenses onto your Vette ;-) Honestly, I really doubt your cameras and lenses in pristine condition are from the recycling bin. I would expect to have to pay premium for stuff in absolutely mint collectors condition.
Sometimes I get abused lenses for little money to try them out - if I really like the lens, I could get an example in better condition later.

georgms

4mpx, what a lovely portrait of this ravener!

1       2       3              3382      
       3384              3792       3793       end