Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3375

1       2       3              3375      
       3377              4080       4081       end

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 427

Foggy14 wrote:
Here's a b&w of the very cool crescent moon last night.

Have a great day!

Nice moon and super reflection. -Jay-

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4897

When it's windy outside it makes a perfect opportunity for some flag waving
D600 and 180mm 2.8 ED

pburke
Total Posts: 1769

Foggy14 wrote:

Have a great day!

I saw the moon on the way home and wanted to take a shot, but the darn thing was so low in the sky, I couldn't get an angle from home and really didn't feel like driving anywhere to get a shot. Wouldn't have had a foreground like yours anyway Nice one. Usually around here you only see the bright part of the moon, but yesterday it was so clear that even the dark part had detail in it. Now I somewhat regret for not trying. Cool shot, although it looks like you got some clipping between dark and bright parts of the moon - result of the processing?

MDoc9523

HCE HCE wrote:
Foggy14 wrote:

Have a great day!

Nice moon and super reflection. -Jay-

+1
Absolutely wonderful!

Oosty
Total Posts: 4016

Foggy14 wrote:

Have a great day!

Exceptional!

Oosty
Total Posts: 4016

Ray - neat flag

chickpiper
Total Posts: 838

NIkon D800 with Nikon 20 f/3.5.

georgms
Total Posts: 3302

Chickpiper, what a wonderfully captured landscape! The water looks really 3-dimensional, a great effect. I wonder how this stream might look like in the spring. Hope you'll share more of your work here.
Georg
Btw: just saw your Nettar-shot from a few months back. A great image of this fine camera, have one of this affordable and well performing gems too.

georgms

Ray, your flag-shot is very nicely done! I like the folding you've caught. The colors, light and contrast works really great here.

georgms

Jeff, your moonstruck is a really fine piece of art. Love your choice of framing. Without clouds this image would have much less impact.
Saw the sickle this evening too, but couldn't find a proper foreground. I've thought about putting the sickle between the gables of some old buildings, but the gables had not enough light on "my side".

chickpiper
Total Posts: 838

Georg - I appreciate your nice comment. Thanks.

georgms

Here's an image that I would call a "photographic note". While killing some spare time in the evening hours I took a look at some possible subjects, but found either the light or the background uninspiring.
This "door", a side-entrance to the local city hall, was re-created this year (the "ensemble" around the old door). I for my part like the combination of old and new here.
The ambient light was already on a very low level, shot a frame, but will probably re-shoot this one with a better mix of ambient and interior-light.

a note (D3s, PC-E 45/2.8 at f/4, 1/15sec , ISO3200)

Foggy14
Total Posts: 932

Thanks all for the kind comments on the crescent moon shot.

Peter, I appreciate your thoughts about the brightness in the crescent. Actually, the NEF image came out pretty hot in that area and the PP reduced it, but you're right, it's still a little over the line on the edges of the crescent. I'm going to play with some local adjustments tonight and see how they look. Thanks.

Georg, great idea for a shot using the crescent moon and features of an older building. Our architecture is mostly "newish" and not terribly interesting, but some of our Victorian style houses and Spanish Mission structures might be nice. Your shot of the old City Hall door and the sidewalk and street pavers is terrific. What a great subject!

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1287

OK last day of the muertos posting, I know we like to post tamer subjects, but understand that this event is truly a celebration of those we had and are no longer with us, first, and second an expression of faith in life beyond the confines of our current embodiment.

San Luis Rey _060_ DM 2013 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 SC D3 more dia de los muertos by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 SC D3 Bogey man by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 SC D3 swinging Catrina by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 SC D3 Dancing with Catrina by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The 55 1.2 is a good museum lens

leighton w
Total Posts: 9028

Brian - Welcome. Very nice set from Old Sturbridge Village.

Jose - SO much detail in your images of the "ice streams". Isn't the D600 great?!

Steve - Nice night shots. I like the arcade the best. It has the "look" going on.

Georg - Love the nighttime boat shot, color? I also like the door, looks funny in that setting.

Jim - Nice 35mm work and congrats on the 105 micro.

Mark - Beautiful dunes and a great job in post.

Royston - Love the shot! But maybe a tad over-exposed. But very nice just the same.

Rafael - Love the pic of the 55 on the D800.

Jeff - Beautiful landscape, as usual.

Ray - Very nice image of the flag, perfect exposure.

Chick - Welcome back. Looks like Fall is about done in your neck of the woods.

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 1994

Love that D800 stream shot.

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 427

Ray The flag looks super with all the fabric detail.

Chick Nice shot! There's a lot of pleasant detail to keep my eyes engaged.

Rafael Great processing.

Georg I like the light tones to your door shot. Looks like the fancy entry has a backup.

-Jay-

raboof
Total Posts: 1437

Fall is also done here in Ohio. I don't have much to share lately but I've been browsing this thread everyday. I finished two rolls with the FG(45mm f2.8P) and one roll with the FE2(24mm f2.8). I have one more roll with the FA but not sure what lens

antilles72
Total Posts: 8

ChickPiper: That is a great shot!
Rafael: Great set!

MDoc9523

Thank you Peter, Georg, Leighton and Jay. The amount of details that the D600 pulls out amazes me!
Chickpiper that framing is very nice. It kinda reminds me of the Smoky's
Georg I love your night photo and the subject matter is wonderful. I am so glad they are keeping the old architecture and joining it to the new - fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Rafael I find your subject matter most interesting and very insightful. Well done!!

1       2       3              3375      
       3377              4080       4081       end