Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3369

1       2       3              3369      
       3371              5889       5890       end

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8405

subidiom wrote:

jhinkey wrote:
Welcome to the MF Nikon thread fellow Seattle resident!
Nice image and it certainly captured the feel of the day.

- John

Thanks, John... It was nice to have a bit of sun and get out and shoot a little today!

Yes - nice that it didn't rain all day. I shot some images, but they were test images with the 200/4 AIS Macro and the 28/2 Zeiss down at Glazers.

cadman342001
Total Posts: 4464

A quick snap of the hill I can see from where I sit with the laptop, saw this, grabbed it. The Monsoon has arrived !
Using the 180/2.8 wide open. Love it when the rainforest steams !

Andy

dgjean
Total Posts: 626

georgms wrote
Don, your ongoing series is a joy to look at. Just like Leighton I like the motion-blur on the shot with the 24/2. Are all portraits of the hat-wearing man selfies?

Yes, the character with the hat on is me. I just started doing these selfies recently and it's turned out to be a lot of fun!

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 865

raboof wrote:
The moon tonight is so clear. I had to put on the TC-200+TC14b+Nikkor 600mm f5.6 on my D2x

On tripod but I think it's still a bit off. Too cold to continue so this is the best I could get with no cropping.
I am not sure what that bright spot on the left is.

Nice moon shot!. The white spot is sunrise on the crater Herodotus.
-Jay-

rick2906
Total Posts: 1374

Your right Jay! I just check and found this image!

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Samy, I really like your recent shots with the PC 28/3.5 - you have got the knack of mastering this very special lens!

Ken, the wheelchair-BB-game I've shot was probably a lower-league-game than your game, but the effort was the same. Congrats to your new 85/2.0 Ais!

Larry, the Galveston-lovers-shot is nicely captured. Beautiful light and great subject!

Eric, very cool helmet!

Chuong, nice moon-shot - your 600/5.6+TC+TC-combo must be quite a challenge for your tripod.

Subidiom, welcome to this wonderful thread! Love the generous framing on your sailboat-shot and the silver-like water.

Andy, the steaming rain-forest looks great on your shot.

Thanks for the comments on my father's bike and the "wild bokeh shot"!

HCE HCE

Jeff The colors really work in that Torry Pines Twilight shot.

Ken Great shots from a difficult lighting situation.

Rafael Agree, Tucson is in the opposite situation, developers are trying to capitalize by building a new version of the past.

Leighton I especially like the 1st sky, beautiful series.

Jose That grasshopper has such interesting detail, great resluts from that E lens!

Don The lighting and toning are dramatic.

Georg Great shot of that old timer! I always liked torque in a street ride, you don't have to work so hard.

Samy The Grainery is so silvery and detailed.
Park Avenue and Fayette Street What a strange building, looks like some neighbors went missing. It certainly looms over the street.

-Jay-

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1943

Andy, the monsoon shot is beautiful. I like how you've left the green muted, that's the way I remember things looking in those conditions.

Georg, "Dad's Simson Suhl" is so well done, I like the way the bike is against the snow, but yet the OOF birck is just above it to provide a background with some detail.

Samy, continuing to enjoy your Baltimore series. Technically, you are making a great case for the MF nikkors with your technique and post-processing.

Leighton, the sunset clouds are cool. Has those last night around here, I was too lazy to leave the house to find an interesting foreground :-(

Pleasure Pier is a great success of a photo, Larry. I agree with Samy, this is one of those photos where content and moment take precedence over sharpness. I can understand the editor's position though, but a great capture nonetheless.

And a welcome to the new names I don't remeber coming across before, Larry, tzic, and subidiom.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

Was kinda creepy to step in here at first
The cheezy door chime sounded but no one was around
An overcrowded aquarium, dark with driftwood and algae, lined the entrance
A dog was barking out of sight
The room dim, the fluorescent light tube seeming thrumming, though the electric hum of refrigerators should be the keen suspect
My friend recommended this - a butcher operating out of a nondescript traditional Japanese house in the outskirts

I didn't quite have the guts to take a photo of the taciturn man when he started slicing that marbled wagyu
Nor when he took a bit off the smoked duck and offered us a try ... off his knife!

ahh fresh meat by Zichar, on Flickr

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

Wow ..... I certainly have got some catching up to do ......

I will have to be using the like button again .... so many good pix ....

Well done everyone for continuing to inspire me.

I've just run a weekend event for Leica M users and those interested in the S system ...

I broke all the conventions by running around with My D4 and manual lenses ... got to show them this is another way !!

The weather was cold but perfect.

Steve

Stokesey

I have yet to work out what you call 13 Leica users and enthusiasts .....

Could it be a coven ??

Most of my pix were taken with the 50-135mm .... getting used to the feel of this bit by bit !!

Steve

Stokesey

Finally a couple of real photos ....

Without a Leica in sight ....

Steve

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 3766

Manually focussed Petzval on D700:

Hellie and Lucky by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

HCE HCE

Steve, a gathering of Leica enthusiasts should be called an entourage, due to the Royal Dutch Wedding model

Ian What a lovely portrait!

-Jay-

Oosty
Total Posts: 4210

Thanks to everyone for comments on my 500mm shots.

Georg - love the town square with the 16mm. The gabled buildings remind one of Amsterdam but I guess they were all over Germany also.

Andy - great pics of the yacht. Good to see how the other 0.0000001% lives!

Jeff - the pelicans and Torrey Pines are spectacular. What colours!

Ken - terrific action shots. Amazing what people can accomplish against the odds.

Rick - awesome ice. Both of us are looking forward to the Canadian summer

The helmet shots could be from an ad. Well done.

Rafael - the San Diego farm shots are very good indeed.

James - welcome to "our" community. A lovely start. From your profile I see you have a collection of venerable Nikkors and I look forward to seeing more.

Andy - the rainforest image is gorgeous.

Chin - if you'd complained you'd have been "Chopped" ( food channel )

Leighton - lovely skies!!

Don - you have to go out in daylight sometime! We're beginning to wonder about your nocturnal wanderings. Great as usual. Later: I see you are the man in the hat! You rascal, you.

Scott - two terrific conversions!

Chuong - Yes! Yes! Yes! Enjoy the 500

Samy - for some reason I can only get two images from your latest series - the tree and the school. I'll look them up on flickr. The pics on Fayette look a bit odd to me ( diverging verticals) but the Baltimore St and Hopkins place pics are first rate and great use of the lens.

Georg - nice bike! Looks like a 1950's edition.

Larry - nice wheels - in both photos

Steve - a terrific group of pictures. I'm a bit worried about your 28mm though - very unusual distortion. Did you try to fix it in post?

Ian - an excellent image but a Nikkor "Petzval"?

Oosty
Total Posts: 4210

A couple using my favourite tube combo. PN11 + 80-200 f4 on the D200

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

subidiom welcome to the thread. Outstanding first photo post. We are so glad to have you
Andy Love the fog through the trees - great eye!
Chin I would have loved to see the knife ala duck great shot!
Steve my choice is the second Lake Windermere from Adelaide Hill - simply beautiful!
Peter terrific work with the tube - I vote for number two!

cadman342001
Total Posts: 4464

Thanks for the comments, incidentally, that hill is known to locals as Taipan Hill ! (one of the most poisonous snakes in the world)

I'll comment on the images from this page and like the previous.

Great shot Chin

Steve - 13 Leica users ? A Fixation ? Love the Lake District shots but why isn't it raining
Did you do the waterfall shot handheld ? looks soft and the water is blown. Tripod and blend of 2 shots is the go for me there.

Nice work Peter, I spent time in the Botanic Gardens again yesterday.

I have no idea what a Petzval is Ian but nice retro portrait.

Andy

rick2906

Rick - awesome ice. Both of us are looking forward to the Canadian summer

The helmet shots could be from an ad. Well done.

Ok, first of all I want to make it clear to everybody my name is Eric not Rick!!

Yeah, can't wait for the summer, oh beautiful beast waiting for me!!

I decide to use my backdrop for the helmet shot. I will use it for my bike pictures this summer. It makes me realize my lack of lighting gear. I have 3 flash but they are not powerful enought!! I would need a nice stronger flash for main light(einstein 640) with softbox. I don't do enought flash work but it could be something to consider adding in my arsenal!! I do love my pocket wizard tt5-tt1!! Flash fired everytime and it doesn't have to be in line of sight(RF vs IR nikon cls) It give you more freedom for using light modifier or for outside use.

Pete, I don't think you are a heavy drinker, your beer glass always seem to stay at the same level!!

rick2906

I just look at my helmet pictures again, and did some processing to one I took with my umbrella!! It looks good other then the big umbrella highlight!!

-Eric

1       2       3              3369      
       3371              5889       5890       end