Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3356

1       2       3              3356      
       3358              5891       5892       end

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Eric, good luck!

rick2906 wrote:
Thank you Ray. I like the lighting of this picture, shadows. I took some really nice pictures during my holidays but they were not taken with my manual glass.

it made me realize I had just the right number of glasses.

Going on a different subject here, but I just want to share it with you guys. Im pretty stoke, they will start a photography club where I live. It will be a great opportunity to meet some people who share the same passion and improve my skills! I know I have lots to learn. Maybe I'll meet a nice women, who knows ...

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Tremendous pics by Jose, Chin and Scott on this page, as theirs always are. Will be back for a more detailed look at the thread later.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4212

rick2906 wrote:
Thank you Ray. I like the lighting of this picture, shadows. I took some really nice pictures during my holidays but they were not taken with my manual glass.

it made me realize I had just the right number of glasses.

Going on a different subject here, but I just want to share it with you guys. Im pretty stoke, they will start a photography club where I live. It will be a great opportunity to meet some people who share the same passion and improve my skills! I know I have lots to learn. Maybe I'll meet a nice women, who knows ...

Eric, forget the women. Involvement will be the end of NMFAS for you and after a while probably passion also

rick2906
Total Posts: 1378

Haha, wise words Peter

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Chin, very cool take on the ice-cream - wide-angles at short range can be a lot of fun ;-) I like the golden highlights on the subway-mall-image.

Jose, stunning shots of the tiny predator!

Scott, I like both winter-shots, the red ribbons-image is a bit more catchy ;-) Hope to see some snow this winter too, but have to wait some more weeks, I'm afraid...

georgms

saph wrote:
Artistic stuff indeed George, but how did you get the police to pose for that picture during the 85 H's arrest?

Still trying to understand the picture, is that a real scene outside?

georgms wrote:
This is how I've spent the whole afternoon:

"Gimme the cuffs, Dieter, we've got the bad flare guy!" von georgsfoto auf Flickr

"Gimme the cuffs, Dieter, we've got the bad flare guy!"
Nikkor-H Auto 85/1.8 got arrested after showing "artistic" flare and ghosting on public places…
Shot with another Nikkor-H 85/1.8 on a D7000. LED-flashlight/torch from behind, SB-800 in a small softbox from the left, blue gelled SB-800 from the right side.

Thanks, Samy! That's just a table-top-shot (brrr, the attic was pretty cold). It was really difficult to set-up the flashlight/torch without an assistant. I wonder how to set something like this scene up in a larger scale outdoors - maybe with a bare-bulb-strobe as flare-inducing backlight.
Btw, got the teddy-bear as a gift from the local police. Poor teddy has to work hard for me since

georgms

saph wrote:
Thanks folks.

Very off topic, but looking into the history of Baltimore has been interesting. The German roots seem to be related to migrations from Germany during the War of the Sixth Coalition (1812) and the Revolutions of the 1848 (mid 19th century European spring?). That may explain the timeline of some of the churches being founded in mid 19th century. Baltimore was the second most popular port of entry after Ellis Island.

The immigrants set up a German language paper, Baltimore Wecker, which folded after its building was destroyed in 1861 during pro-confederate riots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Germans_in_Baltimore

Thanks for sharing, Samy! A very interesting read. Many people from the region I live in were searching for their luck in North America, but I'm not sure if Baltimore was their destination. Port cities can be glad (in my opinion) for the many cultural influences over the last centuries.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Here's one from today taken at one of our local parks. I used the D600 and 20mm 3.5 1/50 F11

rick2906

nice one Ray!! beautiful sky!

MDoc9523

Thanks Eric

rick2906

No snow in Tampa :P haha! lucky you!!

Reagan
Total Posts: 4619

Looks awfully warm there Ray

I am still looking

Reagan

MDoc9523

Yes it was warm. I almost took off my T-shirt
Poor Reagan

rick2906

Thanks Ray!! We had the coldest day of the winter a few days ago about -35 degrees celcius!! I did took a really great sky pictures!! Nature is always beautiful, +30,-30,raining, snowing...

She always have something interesting to show!! We just have to keep our eyes open and a camera nearby

cadman342001
Total Posts: 4467

Apologies for my absence, dipped my laptop charger in the pool the other day so I'm on my phone.
180/2.8 arrived today,wow,from the couple of test shots taken I can see why everyone loves it.
Great flare georg
Beautiful stained glass samy
Lovely shot Ray.

Andy

cadman342001

Thanks Buddy, it's the later 2 ring version, 600 bucks with case and box, as new.

the solitaire wrote:
cadman342001 wrote:
Just thought I'd share this even though the lens itself precludes me from posting images here.

Having just received a mint 80-200/2.8AF ED from a member here (for portrait/weddings) I was getting frustrated at the 6ft MFD (mag - 1/7.1 0.14x to 1/5.9 0.17x) so stuck on my PN-11 for a laugh.

So I now have a manually focussing zoom with mag - 0.8x @ 80mm and MFD of 322mm and a 0.4x @ 200mm and MFD of 948mm !!!

Who would have thought ?

I was forced into this by the fact that the AF lens arrived before the 180/2.8 and 135/2.8 I am waiting for

Thanks to fedex great online tracking service I know that the 180 left Hawaii yesterday having gone from Hebron,Kentucky to Erlanger, KY to Memphis,TN to Honolulu, Hi.

Andy

Congrats on the purchase of that 80-200 lens. Itīs by far my favorite AF lens and spends about as much time on my camera as my 55 f1,2 S.C which I would marry if it was a woman instead of a lens.

Did you get the push/pull version or the later two ring design? For weddings picking up the 2nd incarnation (redesign) of the push/pull version would save a few $ and itīs a very convenient lens to use. Only downside and the reason why I returned mine was the slower AF.

Weasel_Loader
Total Posts: 1276

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's one from today taken at one of our local parks. I used the D600 and 20mm 3.5 1/50 F11

Ray- Excellent shot with the 20. I need to get out more with mine.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Ray - Very nice image! Looks like that 20mm handles distortion well unless you corrected it

Andy - Congrats on the 180mm. As Curtis says, it's one of the "desert island" lenses.

cadman342001

Thanks Leighton, can't wait to use it in anger but test shots already very sharp with delicious bokeh.

3 shots of a couple of our household's numerous pets.

cadman342001

and a local sign

Ignore the exif - it was 28mm 2.8 @ f8

1       2       3              3356      
       3358              5891       5892       end