1       2       3              3356      
       3358              4299       4300       end

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1085

Leighton. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Stokesey
Total Posts: 811

Here is a pano I was messing with earlier today

Taken on 28mm f3.5 ISO200 1/400th on a sunnier day at the end of our English Summer .... when was that again?

Anyway I thought it brought a bit of warmth back to life.

BTW love the non-portable lighting Jeff

Steve

mp356
Total Posts: 4329

rafaelcasd wrote:
16mm 3.5 rules Petur

Carlsbad Flower Fields 2012 7 nikon nikkor 16mm 3.5 f/3.5 fisheye D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Great colors Rafael!

mp356

leighton w wrote:
I liked the early morning light on these pumpkins.

180/2.8 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Leighton, I like the light here too. Nicely captured.

mp356

Stokesey wrote:
This was just a grab shot with the 180mm f2.8

It's a bit artistic I think ..... certainly not pin sharp, but I liked the way it ended up on the screen.

So I decided to post it.

Feel free to criticise - it is after all just a grab

Steve

Steve, only positive comments from me. I like the grouping arrangement of birds. Nicely done.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1462

leighton w wrote:
Two more from yesterday, if you don't mind please. Again with the 180mm.

I liked the early morning light on these pumpkins.

I thought this shopping bag a girl had would work for this type of graphic. I also liked "okey dokey artichokey" I messed up and didn't include the last two letters in the frame. Just goes to prove you MUST look at the edges of the viewfinder!

only Leighton can shed beautiful light on pumpkins.

Gorgeous Birds Steve, and very British pano too. I AM a showoff.

Jeff, love the San Diego seashore with reflections on water, on clouds and starbursts.

Spent the day of the Muertos at Mission San Luis Rey de Francia, will spoon feed as I process, here is a teaser.

NIKON NIKKOR 55MM 1.2 SC D3 San Luis Rey Dia de los Muertos 2013 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

saph
Total Posts: 2341

Experimenting with Flickr. Let's see if this works. (try #5)

Leaf by maryland_photos, on Flickr

saph

Quick background on that shot (other than not being happy with Photobucket quality and giving Flickr a try), this was the 10.5cm 2.5 lens with a PN-11 and PK-11A extension tubes attached, wide open at f/2.5.

Some recent shots I took made me realize the 10.5 is very sharp at f/2.5, and was checking that out in this image.

saph

Steve, that water scene in Manchester and the birding with the big gun are superb. I particularly like the last swan, terrific exposure, those birds are not easy to meter, and love the swirly ripples surrounding it.

Georg, great demo of the tilt feature, which is more advanced than the 28 3.5 PC.

Jeff, great "mottled sea" and also the later picture of restaurant row!

Rafael, astounding display of colors with the 16 fish!!!

Petur, terrific collection of manual Nikkors, and looking forward to seeing scenic Iceland through those lenses!

Leighton, pumpkins and the 180 go well together

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2963

leighton w wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
leighton w wrote:

I thought this shopping bag a girl had would work for this type of graphic. I also liked "okey dokey artichokey" I messed up and didn't include the last two letters in the frame. Just goes to prove you MUST look at the edges of the viewfinder!

Yep, I make this mistake a LOT when I am not careful. Why is this so hard to remember?

This is my biggest problem when shooting. I think I'm concentrating so much at getting the image in focus, that I forget the frame. I must practice more.

I know a very good photographer that has this issue so very badly. She gets so caught up in looking though the viewfinder that she forgets her framing almost entirely. I have seen so very many shots of hers that because of how far off her framing is, it cannot even be saved in post with a crop. She did this one portrait of a woman where the pose and look was perfect. She was trying to showcase the girls body, but the framing was so bad that it cut off the top of her had and most of the right side of her body. She tried to crop to keep the womans body, but it looked dreadful. I took the shot, cropped the hell out of it and showed the photographer how stinking awesome of a portrait she had hidden in the shot she took (basically cropped from just below the neck and shoulders up to the top of the frame that was just passed the hairline). She was so very unhappy with me for criticizing her work, and suggesting a different crop. She accidentally left my crop in her proof set and her subject bought my crop over hers to use as her headshot (she is an actor I think).

rafaelcasd

A Couple of car altars - Dia de los Muertos, a celebration of loved ones that have left.

NIKON NIKKOR 55MM 1.2 SC D3 San Luis Rey Dia de los Muertos 2013 Little Ralph Celebrated by Rafael CA, on Flickr

NIKON NIKKOR 55MM 1.2 SC D3 San Luis Rey Dia de los Muertos 2013 Marine corporal celebrated by Rafael CA, on Flickr

NIKON NIKKOR 55MM 1.2 SC D3 San Luis Rey Dia de los Muertos 2013 Hope celebrated by Rafael CA, on Flickr

kwoodard

Man, I just love how the 55/1.2 renders... Its still on my short list of lenses.

rafaelcasd

And to end the weekend. I dislike immensely the stage they use at this event, no background, speakers in the front floor blocking the dancers, placed against the light, all to use a little hill as an amphiteater, oh well, here is the Catrina dance, we dance with her all life long and in the end she always wins.

This is the 50-300mm 4.5 ED ais with the D800, after tightening the rear element inner tube, this excellent lens became frightfully sharp. See the crops.

nikon nikkor 50-300mm 4.5 ED eis D800 mission San Luis Rey dia de los muertos Catrina dance by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 50-300mm 4.5 ED eis D800 mission San Luis Rey dia de los muertos Catrina dance crop 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 50-300mm 4.5 ED eis D800 mission San Luis Rey dia de los muertos Catrina dance crop 1 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13155

leighton w wrote:
paxnobiscum wrote:
leighton w wrote:
paxnobiscum wrote:
leighton w wrote:
paxnobiscum wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Welcome back Petur. You have quite the collection and one lens in particular caught my eye. Can you guess which one? Our Cucumbers are all gone.

Thanks Leighton. Hmm - perhaps the Nikkor 50-135/3.5 AIS, your shots made me buy it.

You know me well!

I had been looking for the 50-135/3.5 AIS for some time, after I noticed your shots. Then a beautiful copy at a nice price was offered on Ebay - but, alas, for CONUS sale only. I had to ask an Icelandic friend, living in the States, to buy it and send it to Iceland. It's a great and underrated lens, just like its sister, the 25-50mm/4. Both are excellent.

Glad you were able to find a good one and that you have a friend in the US.

The true sister to the 50-135/3.5 is the 28-50/3.5, another great zoom. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't focus close enough on the wide end.

Sigh - do I really have to buy one more MF Nikkor zoom lens:-)

Well...you know what Curtis says, "kit building is forever".

Nice to know SOMEONE hasn't forgotten my name...

Keep up the good work Leighton... what we want is MORE people buying MORE MF Nikkor lenses...

I wish I had some photos to share but those I took today are still in the camera... but, alas i do have a few downloaded from last week. Here is one shot of my neighbor's roses taken with the 135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI'd. Looks so real you think you might reach out and touch it... mmm, good!

Happy shooting everyone!

kwoodard

Now that is something! I don't know if I knew that lens existed...

rafaelcasd wrote:
And to end the weekend. I dislike immensely the stage they use at this event, no background, speakers in the front floor blocking the dancers, placed against the light, all to use a little hill as an amphiteater, oh well, here is the Catrina dance, we dance with her all life long and in the end she always wins.

This is the 50-300mm 4.5 ED ais with the D800, after tightening the rear element inner tube, this excellent lens became frightfully sharp. See the crops.

nikon nikkor 50-300mm 4.5 ED eis D800 mission San Luis Rey dia de los muertos Catrina dance by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 50-300mm 4.5 ED eis D800 mission San Luis Rey dia de los muertos Catrina dance crop 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 50-300mm 4.5 ED eis D800 mission San Luis Rey dia de los muertos Catrina dance crop 1 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

rafaelcasd

kwoodard wrote:

rafaelcasd wrote:

Meet the stage master

nikon nikkor 50-300 ed ais san diego coronado world dance festival d800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Oosty
Total Posts: 4038

After too long a break and too much golf, "photo" fatigue, and crummy weather on non golfing days I went out to the local Leisure Isle festival yesterday which is an annual flea market that usually brings torrential rain. This year it didn't

All with the 28-45 f4.5 which I have set up as a 25mm lens on my non CPU register for convenience to leave the 28mm slot for the 2.8 ai'd.Hence the Exif.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4038

Despite not having been active I have kept tabs on the great work being shown here by the oldies and new contributors. Some superb shots, guys - thanks for sharing.

kwoodard

Well gosh, what a tiny lens!! How heavy is that beast? It looks awesome and with the D800 sensor, who cares that it's slow?! Lustful thoughts on that beast.

rafaelcasd wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

rafaelcasd wrote:

Meet the stage master

nikon nikkor 50-300 ed ais san diego coronado world dance festival d800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

the solitaire
Total Posts: 799

CGrindahl wrote
Nice to know SOMEONE hasn't forgotten my name...

Keep up the good work Leighton... what we want is MORE people buying MORE MF Nikkor lenses...

I wish I had some photos to share but those I took today are still in the camera... but, alas i do have a few downloaded from last week. Here is one shot of my neighbor's roses taken with the 135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI'd. Looks so real you think you might reach out and touch it... mmm, good!

Happy shooting everyone!

Thatīs a very nice photograph. Especially considering that I own a 135 f2,8 Q Nikkor and never managed to get a single useable picture with it

The 55 f1,2 S.C and 105 f2,5 P.C on the other hand are awesome. I should really post more photographs here but about 90% of the photographs I make at the moment include my dog

1       2       3              3356      
       3358              4299       4300       end