/forum/topic/929565/3346

1       2       3              3346      
       3348              4306       4307       end

deang001
Total Posts: 1559

Zichar wrote:
Back to regular scheduling ... now that the film shots are all processed

en amour by Zichar, on Flickr

Man, I like the regular scheduling. What an amazing shot. Beautiful colours and reflection. Great stuff, Chin !!!

James Markus
Total Posts: 4444

Really like this one, Chin. Is this a mirage effect or a reflection?

Zichar wrote:

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. I had a little health scare but all is ok now. The good news is I believe the Doctor is going to lower my medications. That would be nice
You all have been posting some great photos over the past few days. I started to copy the URL's of the ones I liked but when I got over 10 I realized that was too many to post. So please forgive me. Keep those fall colors coming Leighton because it looks like my trip to the Smokys will not happen this year

MDoc9523

I did manage to get out today with the 85mm 1.4. Here's a couple shots that I liked.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2978

MDoc9523 wrote:
I did manage to get out today with the 85mm 1.4. Here's a couple shots that I liked.

Love the second shot Ray, glad you are on the mend. Been praying for you!

georgms
Total Posts: 3456

Ray, I'm glad to hear you're okay now. Love the surreal looking bokeh/background of #1, #2 is a great find.

Chin, "En Amour" is a great piece of art. Your artistic vision is impressive.

georgms

Dean, excellent set! #3933 stands out for me, it speaks "so much work to do with just a shovel".
I was wondering about the very low point of view until I read that you've shot these fine photographs from a boat ;-)

Ronny, as much as I love your flower- and dragonfly-shots I hope to see some wonderful Swedish winter-landscapes soon

Steve, your Wiswell-image looks like it could be taken almost 70 years ago. Great!

Leighton, I like the shape of the curve in front of the buildings. To me (I'm stereo-blind) it looks almost 3-dimensional.
Thanks for your comment on the moon-shot, I've used a VSCO-preset in ACR and added just a border in ColorEfex.

Rafael, very cool set from the city-hall! Nikon's 8mm is a dream-lens for me, right now I use an old Sigma 8mm as cheap substitute from time to time. A circular image with just a bit of the black border (cut out circular too) looks pretty cool in a newspaper-print ;-)

georgms

mp356 wrote:
Thank you everyone for the comments on the train images. Here is another, a pan shot attempt, from the same day. I panned the camera trying to maintain focus on the lettering. Train was moving at about 50 mph. Taken with the 50 1.4 SC at f4.
Scott

Scott, wow, panning on a subject moving with 50 mph up-close is something I still have to try ;-) Love the effect!

kwoodard

If this turns out to be true, I feel our lenses will get pricier and I will be back among you... http://nikonrumors.com/2013/10/21/the-upcoming-nikon-retro-full-frame-camera-will-not-have-video-possible-announcement-on-november-6th.aspx/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NikonRumors+%28NikonRumors.com

MDoc9523

Thank you Kevin. I too am quite excited over the new Nikon rumor.
Thank you Georg and I agree completely on Scott's photo - amazing!

georgms

Metering with and troubleless use of non-Ai-lenses sounds pretty good. I hope the camera will look more pleasing than Sony's offerings ;-)

mp356
Total Posts: 4331

Zichar wrote:

Chin, I really like the simplicity of this. Lovely reflection of the person.

mp356

Stokesey wrote:
Following on wandering the highways and bye-ways of Lancashire UK

The Villages of Pendleton and Wiswell are just interesting little stone built cottage gatherings.

Same lens and f11

Steve

Beautiful scenes Steve.

mp356

MDoc9523 wrote:

Ray, I am glad you liked this one because I really do too. Just lovely.

mp356

Thank you Leighton, Georg, and Ray for the comments on panning the train. It was something fun to try. Wouldn't it be fun try it with that rumored Nikon FE2 digital body and these great mf lenses!

azenis
Total Posts: 433

Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Stunning...

MDoc9523

Thank you Scott

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 510

Thanks for the complements on the Saguaro.

Ronny those dragonflys are superb.

Georg What a wonderful shot of the pre-fab building! Just perfect.

Scott Very interesting panned train shot, it is amazing how just a part is sharp like a defocused tilt shift lens.

Chin Great color in your landscape with reflection.

Rafael You really are showing what a great lens that 8mm is. I have a lot of trouble with my 16mm, and imagine this one must be a bear to shoot.

Steve Your last set is wet looking but very peaceful.

Leighton Maybe it was the pitchforks you guys brought to the public meeting that prompted the civility speech ;> I look forward to seeing your world through your photographs. I get my food from the supermarket and rarely get to see the world of the independent producer.

Ray I really like the recent set, the yellow flower's background has a strong sense of movement. Glad you are over your health scare and nice to see you posting again.

-Jay-

raboof
Total Posts: 1507

I am going to try a few rolls with this combo.

kwoodard

Can anyone direct me to a way to see if my monitor calibrator has calibrated my monitor correctly? I have heard that the one I have can go out of spec over time... Is there some way other than a second calibration tool?

1       2       3              3346      
       3348              4306       4307       end