Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3334

1       2       3              3334      
       3336              4307       4308       end

mp356
Total Posts: 4333

Thank you everyone for the comments on the waterfall images. Some were taken with a polarizer and some without. Used a tripod, f11, and about 1/4 to 1/2 second exposure. No ND filter used.

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 510

Lots of great photos, but I'm pretty far behind. So many of the recent photos show a lot of depth its almost like I have a new Z axis display.

Philippe, the photos of your daughters seem to float in space and are very special.

There are a couple of very effective 3D photos that have similar elements, Ronny Olsson's autumn trees and bougainvillea road 2 by Rafael. Those fish at Swamis seem hanging in air.

Raboof, your bee and flower has a wonderful depth.

My Buddy by anthonysemone has this same great quality.

Ray your latest flowers seem suspended, and so are Jeff's Moons.
(I built a binocular that inverts the depth perception, and I love to look at the moon hanging in the foreground, and you've captured this in these photos!)

Scott your waterfalls have a good sense of depth and beautiful tones.

Zicar's night shot looks very futuristic, and even the title fits this theme.

Jose that flower and all of Samy's set seem to jump out of my monitor.
Jose, did you get a chance to shoot with that 35mm PC yet?

-Jay-

HCE HCE

D800 85mm f/1.8 H at f/2.8

-Jay-

Mataz426
Total Posts: 393

Shot's taken with the D700 and the 28mm f/2 ais. There is some distortion that I couldn't correct. I downloaded a profile from a place on the net that really helped though. Thanks for checking them out.
Dave

saph
Total Posts: 2346

Jay, yet another 85mm image that's terrific!

Ray, thanks, and those blue and yellow lilies in Florida love your 85mm 1.4 AIS lens.

Here's a couple more, first one is flowers in the fall. 10.5cm 2.5 P

Next is the moon. Rare cloudless night, so had to pull out the tripod, the 500 F4 P and the wireless Vivitar remote, and used live view. Amazing how small the moon is within the full frame image. One problem with live view focusing is the shake of the magnified image when I adjust the focus. Adding the TC-301 just makes that issue worse although you do fill more of the frame.

saph
Total Posts: 2346

Dave, really nice gallery images. Is this your first post here? Welcome! And hope to see more of your work.

So these are after correcting for distortion? I have the older 28 f2 N, which may be very similar in terms of optical characteristics. Where did you find the profile for your lens?

HCE HCE

Mataz426 wrote:
Shot's taken with the D700 and the 28mm f/2 ais. There is some distortion that I couldn't correct. I downloaded a profile from a place on the net that really helped though. Thanks for checking them out.
Dave

Nice gallery shots. If you didn't mention distortion I would never have noticed, so I'm wondering if you could tell me what corrections were needed and what didn't get corrected.
I have the same lens only it is an AI, but I don't use it very often.

I have been using some profiles applied in ACR but have not found many that match my lenses.
-Jay-

HCE HCE

saph wrote:

Here's a couple more, first one is flowers in the fall. 10.5cm 2.5 P

Next is the moon. Rare cloudless night, so had to pull out the tripod, the 500 F4 P and the wireless Vivitar remote, and used live view. Amazing how small the moon is within the full frame image. One problem with live view focusing is the shake of the magnified image when I adjust the focus. Adding the TC-301 just makes that issue worse although you do fill more of the frame.

The flower shot is very nice but you really did a good job on the Moon and it can be a tough subject for a close up like this.
-Jay-

the solitaire
Total Posts: 800

Awesome moon picture. That really is one area where the 200-600 could prove useful. Will have to give it a try once the clouds are gone.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9458

Jose - I really like your portrait. I believe the wide open one is the best of the two. You might try closing it down a stop or maybe two next time to make sure the eyes are critically sharp (more easily done if not wide open). Doesn't matter about the rest of the image, just make sure the eyes are sharp.

Samy - Great set of images. I really like the way the light falls on the individual leaves in the "vertical branch" image.

Ray - More beautiful work with the 85. You're stirring my NMFAS juices!

Jay - I simply LOVE that shot! That's the ONLY way to eat sweet corn!

Dave - Welcome! You did a good job with the distortion. I find that I have to use the manual adjustments in LR when I use the 28 or 24.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4039

Jay - love the "corny" image

Samy - lovely work

Dave - the stidio shota are very good

Rafael - the Koi shots are really terrific did you use a polariser?

Jose - I like both potraits and the tabebuia flowers

Ray - excellent use of the 85

Jeff - there may be issues with your sight but your vision and eye for a photograph are still amazing. Love them.

Scott - the waterfalls are all good but #3 is superb!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Thank you Jay,Samy,Leighton and Peter.
The 85mm is one of those lenses that I had considered buying but as soon as I spent a day shooting with it (Thank you Curtis) I knew I had to have it.

Jay very nice photo of the little boy eating corn
Dave I'm not sure I would have noticed the distortion either. Welcome and I look forward to some more shots

Samy the moon photo is just amazing. Very well done. I have yet to get a good shot of the moon!

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2478

Great shot everyone

Nikkor 28 f2.8 ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2478

Foggy14 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Thanks Jeff. I hope you're on the mend and can contribute again. That eye problem sure has been an issue with you.

Thanks Leighton. Yep, it's getting kinda old, but then so am I.

I did get out this week, after dark, to get some shots of the setting crescent moon. The clouds cooperated just enough so a few turned out ok.

Awesome shot Jeff

HCE HCE

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot everyone

You must have trained that bee

I like the way sky and earth meet at the flower.
-Jay-

mp356

saph wrote:

Samy, nice detailed moon shot.

mp356

HCE HCE wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot everyone

You must have trained that bee

I like the way sky and earth meet at the flower.
-Jay-

+1 Ronnie. Very nice.

Mataz426
Total Posts: 393

saph thank you

HCE HCE thank you

Guys I edited a few more with better results. I couldn't seem to square up the frames on a lot of them, maybe I was not directly in front of them, and I was off to one side or the other. These seem good, but the last one #10 you could see I have the bottom straight but couldn't get the rest lined up?

I'm not sure if I can link to another website here? I have the ais, but the link is for the 28mm f/2 ai
Here is the site saph, HCE HCE

http://pindelski.org/Photography/download-lens-profiles/

8 iso 6400 gotta love the D700

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1471

Oosty wrote:

Rafael - the Koi shots are really terrific did you use a polariser?

No Polarizer Peter but the water was in open shade, no strong reflections.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3552

Thanks everyone. The last time I was out by the water's edge was a few months back when agentbird was in town. Missed the laser light show by 2 mins, maybe I'll get back there some day...

>>

I love the colors in that one Jay
I've lost many a tooth to corn on the cob heh
I have the sneakiest suspicion my mom made me eat them everytime I complained I had a shaky tooth
Pity, the kids I know now only recognise corn in a cup, nibblets swimming in soup

>>

Dave: Some very lovely paintings in the gallery. It's not easy to get things straight esp handheld. Thanks for posting that link, certainly no foul for putting up links to helpful resources. Thomas is here on FM too, just read some of his posts in one of the threads in this Nikon forum.

1       2       3              3334      
       3336              4307       4308       end