Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3315

1       2       3              3315      
       3317              5886       5887       end

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Andy, those flower images from Australia have been delightful, and also the rainforest one!

Cats are good for focus practice, mine was looking back and forth yesterday while I was trying to get a photo, finally it just jumped off its perch and I got nothing.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3758

'twas one of the weirdest jobs created
Bus travels through a crowded street mall
Uniformed men with waving blinking colored lightsticks stand barely 50ft from each other
Shouting out from a loudhailer attached to their waists
In 5 minute intervals no less
To all pedestrians to get outta the way. In Japanese polite-style I presume
A waste of resources the corporate bureaucrat in me yelled out
But a brilliant examination of culture the traveler in me observed
The latter won out, I ran back to wait for the next bus to capture
Watching with some concern if it would ever swipe anyone as it meandered down the street

snocone lightsabers by Zichar, on Flickr

leighton w
Total Posts: 12616

saph wrote:
Leighton, the 35 f2 O or OC is also fun, except for the smaller aperture.

Thanks for the advice about the laziness of not cropping out concrete. I am still lazy this Sunday morning so I just cloned out that part and edited the post

leighton w wrote:
Samy - Thanks for the thoughts on the 35mm 1.4 N. I'm still undecided on which way I'll go regarding this FL.

I like your flower and snow image a lot. But I think cropping out the concrete in the upper left corner would make it even better.

Ah yes, much better!

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5049

Nice shot Samy,Andy and chin
Thinking of putting up a photo wallpaper at home

Suggestions for Photowall

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

rick2906
Total Posts: 1366

Andy i like the flame three as red is my favorite color

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

leighton w wrote:
mp356 wrote:
Gee, I step away for a little over a day and there are many many new pages. After scanning through I see one of the reasons why.........Curtis and Leighton.

I resemble that remark…

I think it best if Leighton and I run this thread more like a tag team. I stay away in the winter when our resident farmer is experiencing snow and cold and thus more often on the thread, and return in the spring when the market opens and he gets busy. That way we'll only have ONE Chatty Kathy on the thread at one time. Of course, the serious downside of that idea is that then he and I won't have a chance to catch up, which is always a pleasant thing to do.

Scratch that idea! I'm off to L.A. tomorrow and although I'll be carrying my MacBook Air, I won't be processing any photos or likely doing much on the internet not related to finding my way around LaLa Land. I am trying to find a camera shop that has a Nikon Df on display so I can see how it feels in my hand. I sent an email to a shop in Fullerton where Sue's doctor is located and asked in they have an idea… Inquiring minds...

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
mp356 wrote:
Gee, I step away for a little over a day and there are many many new pages. After scanning through I see one of the reasons why.........Curtis and Leighton.

I resemble that remark…

I think it best if Leighton and I run this thread more like a tag team. I stay away in the winter when our resident farmer is experiencing snow and cold and thus more often on the thread, and return in the spring when the market opens and he gets busy. That way we'll only have ONE Chatty Kathy on the thread at one time. Of course, the serious downside of that idea is that then he and I won't have a chance to catch up, which is always a pleasant thing to do.

Scratch that idea! I'm off to L.A. tomorrow and although I'll be carrying my MacBook Air, I won't be processing any photos or likely doing much on the internet not related to finding my way around LaLa Land. I am trying to find a camera shop that has a Nikon Df on display so I can see how it feels in my hand. I sent an email to a shop in Fullerton where Sue's doctor is located and asked in they have an idea… Inquiring minds...

I say we make everyone endure us!

I smell a new camera coming based on all the inquiries I've seen coming from you.

CGrindahl

I'm curious Chin… as I view your recent work there appears to be a consistent approach to processing. I'm wondering what you're doing with these files. I like the look. You got style man…

rick2906

Well there is an easy way to remedy the problem, there is a Hide me button when you can't take it anymore!! BUT don't use it on my nickname or maybe you already did

leighton w

rick2906 wrote:
Well there is an easy way to remedy the problem, there is a Hide me button when you can't take it anymore!! BUT don't use it on my nickname or maybe you already did

Gosh, I hope it doesn't get to that!

leighton w

It was a GORGEOUS day today, so we took a walk this morning. The highest peak you see in the middle is Elliott's Knob. This is where we receive our internet signal from. It's also one of the highest in Virginia.

Elliot's Knob/50-135/3.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Weasel_Loader
Total Posts: 1275

mp356 wrote:
Two takes on an old church. 10 second exposure with the 25-50 Ai at f11. A bit of ghosting but not terrible. Tried a b&w conversion. Which do you like? C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Scott- I prefer the B&W best. Nice work!

rick2906

Leighton nice one. Im pretty sure you don't get stuck in traffic too often!

Not much snow, it started snowing last night we are expecting 30 cm

CGrindahl

Leighton, I'm not certain the Df fits either my budget OR my hand, so I've no idea what will happen. As I said to Philippe who also appeared on one of the Df threads, that the price leads me to feel that even if I did buy the camera, it would be a year or two from now when they begin appearing used on the Buy and Sell board. I don't require the "new car smell" and am happy to let others work out any kinks that might arise.

I'll likely also check out the D610 to see how it feels. I wasn't impressed when I held the D600 but needless to say I've been very impressed by what you and Ray have done with the camera. That 24 megapixel sensor is very appealing, though I know I'd be content with the D4 sensor IF the Df fits my hand. I was quite surprised when I used Don's D800, which he subsequently sold. I hated the way the grip felt in my hand. My fingers kept cramping all because Nikon narrowed the front grip. Now the Df has a diminutive grip much like the FA I loaned to Matt some months ago. I'm not certain I'd find that tiny grip comfortable. One of the reviewers commented on that and pondered the question of whether his fingers might cramp. Decisions, decisions… Fortunately, my D700 still makes me very happy so I don't need to change for change sake. It will have to make sense on every level.

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1471

Beautiful work gang! My Sunday morning photo time is being cut short by a school function, so instead of specific comments I had to take the "like button" route this week.

Thanks for the kind comments on the Yosemite posts. Here's one last shot from the set showing the Merced river in b&w.

rick2906

Jeff can you post the color version?? Landscape is better in rich saturated color but ité,s just my preference and opinion. It is nice in b&w but im sure it will pop more with nice vivid colors.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

Jeff that shot is fine as it is. Landsacpe with saturated color looks like ugly postcard -)

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Scott great night time church photo!
Leighton such beautiful farm land - nice
Jeff that shot is spectacular!
Andy nice shot
Here's a landscape with the 20mm 3.5

rick2906

wow, beautiful Ray!! that's what im talking about!! nice colors and compostion!!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

rick2906 wrote:
wow, beautiful Ray!! that's what im talking about!! nice colors and compostion!!

Thanks Eric. I was taught that "composition IS the photo and everything else is elements of the photo". Advice from my mentor Bill Simmons.

1       2       3              3315      
       3317              5886       5887       end