Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

CGrindahl wrote:
Zichar wrote:
Eric, I'm surprised you only have one Nikon MF lens
I resisted too, for maybe a year. Slipped and I now have 6
I have all that I need now
Honest

We're making you our poster child for good schooling… It really isn't how fast you learn, but simply THAT you learn. I don't know whether it was repetition Chin or the arrival of Nikki that stirred your juices. You really made that lovely lens sing. You are definitely one of the stalwarts of this thread… Glad you found us and happy YOU found something worth investing in.

Haha I don't really know for sure
I often find it hard to justify photographic purchases because I don't shoot often enough
And I will sometimes feel guilty having lenses that sit lonely and forlorn in my cabinet
But I do use my MF lenses because of this thread, I have a warped sense of responsibility to show you my part of the world, whatever that means
I do attribute my shift towards less weight to carry and MF fits the bill, because I'm just not getting any younger *ahem* (spoken as perhaps the youngest member in this thread)
This sedentary paper monkey job isn't helping much, I look at John's photos and I'm embarrassed to say I won't last even halfway with a load-out half of what he brings

rick2906
Total Posts: 1371

Well im not a youngster but im only 35

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5063

Thank's
Great shot Scott and Chuong
Rick: Sry Eric Nice lens you have..Nikon 200 F2 VR and Nikon 200 F4 ED Macro
would have been fun to try out sometime

Zichar

I like the b&w better Scott, edging out the colour version because the spire and branches stand out more
Removing colour for b&w just makes me notice the top part more and balances the overall image

>>

That's quite cool James, like a mini blackhole within sucked in the structure and caused it to collapse inwards

rick2906

Thank you Ronny! I just wish I had more time for shooting! The af of the 200 f2 is just amazing.

Zichar

I turned 32 in Sept

Zichar

The dreaded swan paddle boats?
There were soooooo many people lining up to get into one
The lake was crowded, boats bumping into one another
It's was pretty disarming to note that the couple on the far left was the third we saw that short hour we were there - the girl rows while the man's the passenger
We spotted one earlier where the man held up his jacket ... to shield his face from the sun!
And made harried motions with his free hand for the girl to hurry up
That couple will probably fall soon to the myth and further embellish it!
(I lamented and my Japanese friend says, 'it's not the norm, don't worry' haha)

5-image pano
28 2.8 AIS

not a unified whole by Zichar, on Flickr

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5063

rick2906 wrote:
Thank you Ronny! I just wish I had more time for shooting! The af of the 200 f2 is just amazing.

I'm sure it is .. have a friend who has the Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM
and he says the same .. AF speed and accurate is amazing

rick2906

Zichar wrote:
I turned 32 in Sept

I guess you win!! Young man! !

cadman342001
Total Posts: 4463

Very impressed with the flower pics Curtis etc.

Not quite the same as we get up here in Tropical Cairns ! but I'm sure they will be familiar to residents of Miami etc (I'm from uk originally btw)

1. The common name for this is "Geisha Girl" - grows like stink, bees love it. We get bees with metallic blue as well as the usual black and orange types !!

2. Grevillea - nectar producing natives, birds love em, particularly the Rainbow Lorikeets

3. Rainbow Heliconia - yellow bellied sunbirds love them

4. Richmond Red Heliconia

5. Bottlebrush (callistemon) - another nectar producing native

All with 28/2.8

cadman342001

and a couple more

6. Flame Tree. Even the photo does not begin to do justice to how luminescent the red flowers of this tree is.

7. close up of flame tree flowers.

8. Wild Irises (not the fancy cultivars of Bearded)

9. Swamp Lily

10. Cycad - there are many types of these ancient plants that are related to the earliest plants on earth. We are surrounded here by some of the oldest rainforest on the planet.

cadman342001

Archie the Cat, practising MF on the 105/2.8 micro ais, I had auto-ISO on but had the upper limit set to max so check the exif data - ISO16000 ! oops ! got me 1/80 @ f2.8 though.

Rainbow Lorikeet

Blue Faced Honeyeater

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

mp356 wrote:
Gee, I step away for a little over a day and there are many many new pages. After scanning through I see one of the reasons why.........Curtis and Leighton.

leighton w

mp356 wrote:
Two takes on an old church. 10 second exposure with the 25-50 Ai at f11. A bit of ghosting but not terrible. Tried a b&w conversion. Which do you like? C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Worthy of another look. You did a great job in post, the tones hold together well and the sharpness is good too. I think that's one of the things this lens is known for. Well done!

I hope you're not getting TOO much of this snow.

leighton w

Jim - Like the old building. I'm always looking for stuff like this. The only problem is that I can't seem to find them

Chuong - The first one is GREAT!!! Gorgeous lighting, and gorgeous smile.

Chin - The swan boats made me smile. Looks like bumper cars on water.

Andy - I love the plant life shots, but I really love the first one of the cat! Nice capture.

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Good chatty weekend on this thread. Having Curtis back pushing lenses again is part of it

Leighton, the 35 1.4 N lens has a very "warm" output which adds to its quirkiness. I have realized I like it more in the spring and summer time here. The bluish gray colors outdoors in the long winter here just seem not right for this lens

Couple from yesterday.

MenInBlackAndWhite by maryland_photos, on Flickr

LeftoverFlowers by maryland_photos, on Flickr

And one from July.

YellowCar by maryland_photos, on Flickr

saph

I am going to be lazy and say "what he said" I also enjoyed those two birds, the lorikeet and the flycatcher with the blue faces.

And Scott, really enjoyed the church, very well done! I preferred the color version, even though the b&w seemed to introduce some mystery to the image.

leighton w wrote:
Jim - Like the old building. I'm always looking for stuff like this. The only problem is that I can't seem to find them

Chuong - The first one is GREAT!!! Gorgeous lighting, and gorgeous smile.

Chin - The swan boats made me smile. Looks like bumper cars on water.

Andy - I love the plant life shots, but I really love the first one of the cat! Nice capture.

leighton w

Samy - Thanks for the thoughts on the 35mm 1.4 N. I'm still undecided on which way I'll go regarding this FL.

I like your flower and snow image a lot. But I think cropping out the concrete in the upper left corner would make it even better.

cadman342001

One of the rainforest. That's a King Fern in the fg.

Another couple of the cat, missed focus but hey what the heck I just love his face !

and the kitten we also have.

saph

Leighton, the 35 f2 O or OC is also fun, except for the smaller aperture.

Thanks for the advice about the laziness of not cropping out concrete. I am still lazy this Sunday morning so I just cloned out that part and edited the post

leighton w wrote:
Samy - Thanks for the thoughts on the 35mm 1.4 N. I'm still undecided on which way I'll go regarding this FL.

I like your flower and snow image a lot. But I think cropping out the concrete in the upper left corner would make it even better.

1       2       3              3314      
       3316              5888       5889       end