Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3313

1       2       3              3313      
       3315              5887       5888       end

Socalpicman
Total Posts: 156

rick2906 wrote:
I think that you are the worst people to take advice from for someone who's trying to keep his lens collection to the strict minimum. If I resist, it will show my strong will.

thanks Reagan for posting this picture of your beautiful car! It is -41 celcius with the wind factor

Resistance is futile I also was only going to get maybe 8 to 10 MF lens's. I'm already a few multiples over that and still have easily 4 or 5 on my wish list with a few more being added with all these great shots posted here. I'll probably next year try to thin out the herd to around 20. See what happens. I'm also looking at at longer reach lens's in the 400 to 600 range preferably in the F2.8 - F4.0 wtih good bokeh and sharpness. Eyeing a couple right now just delaying pulling the trigger.

Outstanding photo's all, too many to list over last couple day's but I did allot of "likes". And thank you for the kind comments and likes on my photo's. I'm always open to criticism as I I want to improve especially in my composition. I have been looking at many here who are excellent with composition and I have learned allot and am seeing improvement in my photo's.

JD

rick2906
Total Posts: 1371

Haha!! I meant I not if

James Markus
Total Posts: 4801

Eric, to save money remember that zooming with your feet will give you multiple focal lengths. For example; a 85mm f1.4 + one large step forward (about 3') equals a 105mm f1.8. Just trying to help.

rick2906 wrote:
I think that you are the worst people to take advice from for someone who's trying to keep his lens collection to the strict minimum. If I resist, it will show my strong will.

thanks Reagan for posting this picture of your beautiful car! It is -41 celcius with the wind factor

rick2906

Thanks James! ! You are the only who try to help me!! All the others want me to go bankrupt and buy all my lense for cheap!

vultures!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4678

We aren't vultures, we are enablers...

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

rick2906 wrote:
Thanks James! ! You are the only who try to help me!! All the others want me to go bankrupt and buy all my lense for cheap!

vultures!

Quite honestly, it is doubtful that anyone who can invest what you have in AF glass will go bankrupt from spending $200 on one lens. No doubt the lenses you own are first rate. One of the three AF lenses I own is the "Cream Machine." It is not as good a lens as the EF 85 f/1.2L I sold when I dismantled my Canon kit, but it is very fine. I imagine the latest version is a winner as well. So I respect your capability to build a kit. But then you've dropped in on this particular thread where our passion is MF glass. You honestly wouldn't expect us to say "Fine, one MF lens is plenty…"

But I've learned over the three years and almost four months since this thread began, that the lenses sell themselves. I take it as my responsibility to point a person in the right direction once THEY'VE concluded they want to explore more deeply. If you're content, so be it. We accept visitors on this thread, folks who want just a bit of variety in their lives. We're a friendly lot. We even have another thread available for those who love MF to show off their work with AF lenses. Our good friend Dean started that thread. We simply enjoy one another's company. Of course, it is Nikkor MF glass that binds us to one another.

So have fun Rick, one lens or more than one lens. If you're content, so am I.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

Eric, I'm surprised you only have one Nikon MF lens
I resisted too, for maybe a year. Slipped and I now have 6
I have all that I need now
Honest

rick2906

I know curtis, I was sarcastic. I like sarcasm but sometimes I forgot to add a Lol or a at the end of my sentence.

Where's the thread Dean started? I will post my non af stuff there!

CGrindahl

Zichar wrote:
Eric, I'm surprised you only have one Nikon MF lens
I resisted too, for maybe a year. Slipped and I now have 6
I have all that I need now
Honest

We're making you our poster child for good schooling… It really isn't how fast you learn, but simply THAT you learn. I don't know whether it was repetition Chin or the arrival of Nikki that stirred your juices. You really made that lovely lens sing. You are definitely one of the stalwarts of this thread… Glad you found us and happy YOU found something worth investing in.

CGrindahl

Sorry for not checking your profile and discovering your name is Eric. I've been encouraging folks to include their first name in the profile but I assumed when I saw "rick2906" that Rick was your name. Here is the link. It slipped to page two of the Nikon forum but has been a quite active thread with quite a few friends hanging out. Check it out.

MF Glass Shooters Shooting AF

rick2906

Thank you Curtis. Before I came to this thread my name was not in my profile. I've added it after Leighton ask me to.

I should have more time next week, 4 days off!! I'll go at my parents cabin. It is a wood log cabin that my dad made himself!

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

Gee, I step away for a little over a day and there are many many new pages. After scanning through I see one of the reasons why.........Curtis and Leighton.

Great images posted by all.

Ronny your flowers are wonderful.

Ray, loving the Disney shots.

Philippe, nice image from Strasburg.

Curtis, the berries look very tasty.

Leighton, nice to see you keeping Barbara busy.

Jay, glad you made it home. Nice images.

Reagan, no speeding.

Eric, nice images. Don't worry about sarcasm. This thread is dripping with it.

Chin, liking your images from your trip.

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

Two takes on an old church. 10 second exposure with the 25-50 Ai at f11. A bit of ghosting but not terrible. Tried a b&w conversion. Which do you like? C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.
Scott

James Markus
Total Posts: 4801

Nikon FM with Tri-X. Nikkor 35-105 ais - circa 1990

Socalpicman
Total Posts: 156

mp356 wrote:
Two takes on an old church. 10 second exposure with the 25-50 Ai at f11. A bit of ghosting but not terrible. Tried a b&w conversion. Which do you like? C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.
Scott

I usually prefer color on buildings but I have to say I really like the tones and feel of the B&W one. They both work well for me and very hard choice but I think I would lean to the B&W.

Great shot either way Scott.
JD

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

55mm f1.2 AI'd both wide open.

rick2906

Chuong I like the first one. I think she had a great time!

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Thanks Eric. Mom was making a cake and she was waiting for the icing to be done to take over the extra.

rick2906

Haha! ! I remember someone doing the same thing when he was younger! Even more when she was making chocolate cake.

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

Love the first as well Chuong. You really capture _the_ moment. Beautiful smile

1       2       3              3313      
       3315              5887       5888       end