Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3298

1       2       3              3298      
       3300              4231       4232       end

raboof
Total Posts: 1479

Americo - I agree. Like this? I was afraid that I would cut the falling leaves :P

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

raboof wrote:
Americo - I agree. Like this? I was afraid that I would cut the falling leaves :P

yes, and no, lol! i meant the other left, as my mind bent to dyslexia once more! the one near the fence! I wondered if the crop would center more on her happy face she looks so happy!

Socalpicman
Total Posts: 156

rattymouse wrote:
A few more from the recent film batch. All shots are on Neopan 400 film and shot either with my 24mm or 85mm AIS lenses. Both are the f/2 variants. I think you can pick which image goes with each lens. A bonus if you can find ME in one of these shots!

Nice Selfie in the scooter photo.

JD

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5945

A stormy day here in Seattle with not a whole lot to do (except go to the camera store and buy gear - which I did, but nothing from or for Nikon - see http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1244227/0#11833705).

So I took out the 135/2 AIS + PK-12 & PK-13 and snapped pictures of the rain on the upstairs window and our cat who was watching the storm.

Not the best technical pictures, but they have some color!

a.RodriguezPix

The Death Harvest.

a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez-5 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

a.RodriguezPix

raboof wrote:

i hope you wont mind that i used my cellphone to pix this and show u an example? please let me knw, and ill take it off asap!

not my image belongs to raboof by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

a.RodriguezPix

a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez-6 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

saph
Total Posts: 2306

Unglued the 10.5cm f4 T so I could work with another lens. This is the 28mm f2 N, used at different apertures for these three signs.

First one in color at f/5.6: Bernese crossing.

Second one something that looks very scenic on a dry day, maybe be just a bit messy and muddy once it rains. at f/8

Third and last at f/4. No brush dumping on New Mulch Alley!

saph

And also a house from another era in suburban Maryland. Also with the 28 f2 N, at f/8.

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 480

I'm having real problems understanding what is going on with my uploads to Flickr and can't seem to keep photos from vanishing! Can someone point me to a tutorial so I can stabilize my images?
Not only do my images disappear from this site, but I can't find some of them on Flickr!
I'm sure it is just typical newbie problems...
Thanks for your patience, -Jay-

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1391

Nice Mantis bokeh Andy,

Magical fungii forest with the 24mm Matt.

Beautiful models and photos Ian.

Nice 16mm 3.5 observatory Jay.

Steve, many bridges artfully arranged.

Ron, love the filaments.

Great use of the 18mm Scott.

Neat hotel Chin.

Now I need a 10.5 cm Samy.

Great Bonsai work Georg.

Griffith well captured Johnny.

Top Zen Ratty.

Great color and bokeh Phillip.

I am done testing the 15mm and this is the last test. The lens is incredible now, I am impressed of the quality of work Nikon California does when they apply themselves, lens is crystal clear and performing flawlessly.

Here is the lens on the D3.

D3 Welcome party by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The test was on the D800.

Mexican fan palms

nikon nikkor 15mm 3.5 ais D800 palms by Rafael CA, on Flickr

A crop of the palms

nikon nikkor 15mm 3.5 ais D800 palms crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Groundcover

nikon nikkor 15mm 3.5 ais D800 groundcover by Rafael CA, on Flickr

a crop of the groundcover

nikon nikkor 15mm 3.5 ais D800 groundcover crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

the solitaire
Total Posts: 768

designdog wrote:
Never the best to try fast moving objects, I still tried out my 35mm 1.4 AI-s and 85mm 1.4 AI-s at the obedience trials. These (one is severely cropped) were with the 85. The dog in the portrait is named "Blue Skies" and would not stay still. A reminder of the fine line between striking, and ugly. I think she is a sweetie...

I fail to see where a dog like Blue Skies could be considered ugly. I really like that face.

I wanted to visit one of these obedience trials for quite a while now, but my own dog will just never be able to participate in them. Nice action shot. Well timed

It is exactly these kinds of events where I would bring a 135 f2 or f2.8. Most likely nothing else because that one lens will be glued to the camera for the remainder of the event.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9273

HCE HCE wrote:
I'm having real problems understanding what is going on with my uploads to Flickr and can't seem to keep photos from vanishing! Can someone point me to a tutorial so I can stabilize my images?
Not only do my images disappear from this site, but I can't find some of them on Flickr!
I'm sure it is just typical newbie problems...
Thanks for your patience, -Jay-

Jay, the only thing I can think of is to check your settings to make sure you have it set so the public can see them. Hope this helps.

leighton w

A few from the market with the 105/2.5 AIS.

You win a prize if you can guess the year of this Ford.

105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

When friends meet at the market.

Little red riding hood.

There was a thread on Dpreview talking about the dangers of photographing children. So far, I've never encountered a problem and this mother said it was fine to put her on the market's FB page, just not the name. Go figure.

saph

Leighton, I won't win the Ford year prize but I have been missing the market images, thanks for the new ones! The friends' emotion of joy is superbly captured. And the little one is cute. For my part, I just studiously point the lens away from any and all children. I have a couple of shots of empty playground equipment from yesterday

Rafael, nice welcome party for the refurbished and renewed 15 5.6! Hard to imagine you have anything missing from your collection. There's the 10.5cm f2.5 P 9 and 6 blade versions, which are earlier variants of the popular 105 2.5 P Sonnar, and the 10.5 f4 T, which is the one I have been putting through its paces recently. I get the feeling you will get more than one of those choices

Quick note on the 28 f2 N, from my first "field test" yesterday, it seems to flare quite easily with sources of light in the frame, I think more than the 28 3.5 PC. The 28 2 N is supposedly multicoated even though it doesn't have the additional 'C' in its name.

saph

John, at least you didn't sell any manual focus lenses!

Chuong, both the kids pictures are super. The first one of the two playing under the bridge is very well framed.

David, the first one of the dog at the races is marvelous. The action, the focus and determination in its face is very well captured.

saph

The Gingko Biloba tree is originally from East Asia and quite an impressive living fossil. Its an 270 million years old species, outliving the dinosaurs. And per wikipedia, the species showed its tenacity in Hiroshima, some of the trees were among few living things to survive. Those particular trees are still alive.

Gingko leaves 10.5cm f4 T

And just a play with the 10.5cm f4 T, colors and bokeh.

leighton w

Thanks Samy. The leaf extract from Gingko Biloba is also good to help your memory.

amlsml
Total Posts: 1390

http://www.flickr.com/photos/t_leighton_womack/9996141985/

Gonna guess 1951? great shot

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4599

saph wrote:
And also a house from another era in suburban Maryland. Also with the 28 f2 N, at f/8.

What an amazing looking house. Well done in monochrome!

1       2       3              3298      
       3300              4231       4232       end