Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3297

1       2       3              3297      
       3299              4230       4231       end

saph
Total Posts: 2306

Ian, the first couple of images were great, but the latest one is even better. That "cool and determined" could easily be part of an ad.

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4597

saph wrote:
Georg, my favorite of the set was the one with the out of focus woman. That certainly didn't seem centric to me, and the angle of the woman and the bonsai exhibit seem to pleasantly align.

Tom, welcome back, and great again to see glimpses of your city through film. I suppose the second one is eels?

Thanks. Yeah, some kind of eel or snake. Lot's of 'em all squirming around in that container.

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4597

Another series, this time shot on Kodak Ektar film. Again 24mm & 85mm f/2 AIS lenses used. These are from a trip taken to a Zen Temple on top of a mountain in suburban Suzhou. About 45 mins of heavy climbing to get to the top. We had a blast.

georgms
Total Posts: 3389

Tom, very nice work on film again! Love the "eels" and the incense-cone-images (?) with the 85/2. Spotted your face/hand/camera in a scooter-mirror, btw ;-)

georgms

Kevin, Jay, Ray and Samy - thanks for your words on the Bonsai-set!

Buddy, I'm really glad you like this shot. Thank you for your comment, much appreciated. I don't remove or add stuff (except for removing dust or add grain) to my pictures. Cropping/framing or using a very shallow DoF is my personal way to deal with unwanted details in the background. But that's just matter of personal liking ;-)

georgms

John from LA, welcome! I like your first set a lot, especially the B&W-images. Hope you'll show more of your work here.

Ian, love the last driver-portrait! The color-cast works great to create the night-time city-lights-atmo.

philipj
Total Posts: 850

Thanks Leighton, Peter, Georg, and Samy!

Enjoying your pictures from Shanghai Tom, and great introduction to the thread John, my favourite is the b+w cityscape shot. Looking forward to more!

A shot from my local bar the other night, I thought the patio lights would make for a nice out of focus background, and I wasn't disappointed. 50mm f/1.2 AI-s wide open.

Neighbour by philipjohnson, on Flickr

saph

Tom, nice pics again of Shanghai. I presume in the first one that's incense smoke rising up in front of the temple.

Philip, cool image with the 50 1.2 and its background.

Here's one more with the 10.5cm f4 T. This one I added the PK-11A (8 mm) extension tube.

Need to diversify the subjects for this lens.

LarryM
Total Posts: 295

dpbingham wrote:
I am very intrigued by this thread. I just picked up a D600, and because I don't have a telephoto lens yet, i'm wondering if i'm better off saving some money and getting one of the older Nikkor MF lenses.

Currently, I have 24-70 2.8G, Tamron 90mm macro, 50mm 1.8G.

Would love this group's suggestions on which MF lenses to buy that work well with the D600, and that would help me round out my lens range.

Thanks all!
Dan

Hi Dan,

I just sent you a PM about my Nikkor 200mm on the Buy & Sell forum. Great lens for cheap!
-- Larry

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2978

With the 28 2.8 ais :

saph

More with the 10.5cm f4 T + PK-11A combo.

Peeking out of the shadows, seeking the sun:

Hiding in the shadows.
The poor guy tried to scamper inside some blades of grass soon as I knelt down. And then it gets blinded by the flash. And looks like that blade its clinging to is also its breakfast.

The silhouette.

And finally, up and close with green shrubbery.

saph

Just one more flower, promise, with the 10.5cm f4 T. For now.

saph

Lieutenant, nice one! Is that on a trip somewhere?

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2978

saph wrote:
Lieutenant, nice one! Is that on a trip somewhere?

No, next door to me.

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2034

saph wrote:
Ian, the first couple of images were great, but the latest one is even better. That "cool and determined" could easily be part of an ad.

Thanks! We were very lucky - resources of a studio, model and MUA all working together for free to make some good pictures for us all.

raboof
Total Posts: 1479

35-70mm f3.5 AIS

Cadaver
Total Posts: 473

Ian Boys wrote:
Rattymouse - I remember those markets! Have you been to the pet market in Shanghai?

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the Mustang shots. Here's another with the 50mm f1.2 ai-s:

"Cool but determined!"

I like the unusual lighting and the mood captured here. Nice shot!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2877

Working the photoshoot for the college I work at. 70% done, 200+ RAW's, very tired and sore, but having fun! Shooting a mix of AF and MF, so I will have stuff to show in both threads. I remembered to bring my polarizer, so glad I did, great clouds today...

designdog
Total Posts: 198

Never the best to try fast moving objects, I still tried out my 35mm 1.4 AI-s and 85mm 1.4 AI-s at the obedience trials. These (one is severely cropped) were with the 85. The dog in the portrait is named "Blue Skies" and would not stay still. A reminder of the fine line between striking, and ugly. I think she is a sweetie...

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

raboof wrote:
35-70mm f3.5 AIS

raboof, So cute! too cute! my eye's! Great capture! I wonder if that second one would look like if you cropped it closer to her on the left side?

1       2       3              3297      
       3299              4230       4231       end