Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3287

1       2       3              3287      
       3289              4304       4305       end

geezfools
Total Posts: 123

deadwolfbones wrote:
A few more

all these awesome shots make me want more MF glass and a full frame body to go with it. Thanks for sharing these!

Zichar
Total Posts: 3551

You've got an amazing eye for composition and that perfect sense on when to blur out the background or not. What was she pointing to in the water anyway? Is that a croc?

deadwolfbones
Total Posts: 2595

It's several turtles sharing a log. :-)

Thanks for the compliments, guys. The camera and lenses do most of the work, I swear.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9456

Ray - Love the OOF colors of the Bud shot. Only problem is...it should be a Heineken!

Ben - Nice set, your wife has a lousy poker face.

deadwolfbones
Total Posts: 2595

Yeah, she's pretty easy to read.

(Girlfriend, though.)

Stokesey
Total Posts: 813

MDoc9523 wrote:
A photo of my brother Jon using the 35mm 1.4 He said this photo sorta summed up his life

Great use of that lens Ray

But I do think it sums up the life for lots of us MF shooters out here ....

Certainly I'm on the same page as your brother Jon

Steve

Stokesey

The lady of the house has been trying to cultivate this Orchid for ages ....

It finally decided to flower.

So I went and stuck my lens at it ...

Blew it out completely - high key

55mm f2.8 Micro @ f4 1/80th ISO1600

Steve

Stokesey

Just having fun with the Orchids

So carried on shooting ..

180mm + PK-13 @f8 + D700 on board flash ISO1600

Steve

Stokesey

Just a couple more for you to comment on.

Not up to Samy or Ronny's standard, but they make us try a little harder.

So, as my wife says .... I'm trying .... very trying !!!

First is 55mm Micro f2.8 @ f8

Second is 180mm + PK-13 f11

Steve

Zichar

Queueing up in the heat trying to buy the drink that will help one beat the heat
I had one from the stall across, shrug
Don't have a photo of that though, almost spilled it as a car decided to drive through the throng
Cendol ... named (as wiki says) "in reference to the sensation of drinking the green worm-like jelly"
Never thought of it that way...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cendol

worms by Zichar, on Flickr

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Thank you leighton and Steve
Steve I like your orchid shots. They are difficult to shoot at best.
Chin great street photo
BTW have we abandoned the 4-5 shot max for posting? Not trying to stir up stuff just asking?

Stokesey

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you leighton and Steve
Steve I like your orchid shots. They are difficult to shoot at best.
Chin great street photo
BTW have we abandoned the 4-5 shot max for posting? Not trying to stir up stuff just asking?

Oooops did I break the rules that I didn't realise existed (I must pay more attention to detail)

I apologise if I did .....

I will rein it in a little .... sorry guys

Steve

MDoc9523

I know that we discussed a limit of photos per each post awhile back Steve. I wasn't pointing anyone out but was just wondering if we still had that limit.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9456

Technically, we have a 4 image per post "rule". We decided on this when the thread was running at warp speed to make it easier when you missed a day or so to catch up. Maybe we ought to lift this "rule"? I for one wouldn't mind, what does everyone think?

Zichar

It is getting quiet in here...

the solitaire
Total Posts: 800

I wouldnīt mind a bit

I now have a working internet connection again so I wouldnīt mind some additional shots for all I missed while I was out in the dark.

105mm f2.5 P.C Nikkor @ f4, slightly cropped and lifted some shadow and toned down some highlights in PP

I picked up a 50mm f1.4 S.C from the customs office yesterday and try to get to grips with that one. The front element has some scratches, but for $60 I think itīs still in good enough shape and itīs a nice small and lightweight lens so itīs a keeper.

The 55 f1.2 S.C departed from Australia today. It should be here within a week or two at the very latest.

I already prepared a compact camera bag which holds my 28mm f2.8 Ai, the 105 f2.5 P.C, a PK13 tube and the Nikon FM2 with a few rolls of film and body cap as well as my D300 with the 50mm mounted. I guess the 50mm will be replaced by the 55mm as soon as that arrives.

A nice wide angle lens to complement that set of 4 would be interesting as would the 180 f2.8 to complete my needs for longer focal lengths. Then again, I wonder if I really need 5 lenses where the current set of 3 already covers most of m shooting needs.

MDoc9523

Chin

MDoc9523

I will agree as well. I know some folks held back while others posted away. A lift will be more fair to everyone.

raboof
Total Posts: 1507

Zichar wrote:
It is getting quiet in here...

The bar is pretty high these days. Well, at least for me. All my images are pretty crappy compared to what we have on here lately.

Here is one from the porkopolis city(Cincinnati). 105mm f2.5

lucdeschepper
Total Posts: 136

Hello all, I haven't posted comments or images on this forum for quite a while due to voluntary and non-voluntary focusing (sic) on other topics and issues. Anyway, I have decided to sell my D700 and not buy a Dslr replacement. Like many others the weight and size of modern full frame dslr's plus lenses have become too much of a burden for me. I'll also sell most of my AF lenses and for the time being keep my MF lenses and my 105mm f2 DC.

So, as a kind of swansong I packed my D700 for a recent holiday, along with a 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.8 and a Fuji X100 which I ended up using most ...

On this holiday, at Gran Canaria, my wife and I visited theme park Mundo Aborigen which is a reconstruction of an ancient Canarian village. The park is beautifully located overlooking the deep Barranco de Fataga gorge. Worth a visit!

The park is situated in a botanical garden. I shot this series of images with the excellent Nikkor 28mm f2.8 MF AI-s lens.

1       2       3              3287      
       3289              4304       4305       end