Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3287

1       2       3              3287      
       3289              5890       5891       end

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8410

mp356 wrote:
John, glad you are back! Great work with the 400. The pano is very nice. I like the rebar shot too!

Thanks Scott!

I too have been lacking inspiration lately (i.e., Curtis), but mostly due to too much work and not enough sleep.
However, I started a project to make note cards for my father in-law using some of my images of late and this inspired me to get out more, even though I really am tight for time.

So, if you are having some inspiration problems, take a look through your best set of past images and reflect on how much fun you had taking them.

See my self inspirational shots at: http://hinkey.zenfolio.com/p1062524943

A bit of self inspiration can be a good thing . . .

rick2906
Total Posts: 1375

Wow John!!! Beautiful! What lense did you use??

jhinkey

CGrindahl wrote:
Howdy Peter, Leighton. I guess you can call me a "stranger in a strange land…"

For a person long retired from the world of work my life is very busy and my camera bag spends more time on the floor than in the back of my car. And even when it makes it to my car, more often than not it languishes. As leaves fall and hills turn brown there is little that stirs my juices. I'm taking a short trip to southern California in a week and a half and will likely bring my camera gear, though it is not a pleasure trip so there might not be much time available to ramble. Seeing the wonderful work Jeff posts from his time at the beach, I can imagine having some fun there but I'll be hunkered down around Fullerton which is not a beach city.

Enjoy spring Peter… you have to do double duty because our friend Leighton will soon be knee deep in snow…

Has anyone posted this?

http://d1zz23jd19t4g8.cloudfront.net/10346975/10346975_iphone2.mp4?rhihttphost=countrylife.ramp.com

Sorry if it is a duplicate, but it definitely needs to be seen by folks on this thread. Leighton has been doing some of the heavy lifting around here and it is nice to see him in his work life with Barbara. Rinie sent a copy of this along to me a few days ago.

I couldn't get the link to work for me, but I found it here:

http://www.livingthecountrylife.com/videos/v/84726271/homestead-hill-farm.htm

I was hoping to see actual video of Leighton (Tom) and Barbara!

Very cool!

jhinkey

rick2906 wrote:
Wow John!!! Beautiful! What lense did you use??

This is an 2-1/2 year old shot using the 105/2.5 AIS with an extension tubes on my former D700.

For more details look at this:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/275#9716690

rick2906

I will have to think to use more my extension tube with non macro lense!! I really like it, the flower is sharp and colorful and the bg is creamy smooth! ! Bg is also not busy and has pleasing colors.

jhinkey

rick2906 wrote:
I will have to think to use more my extension tube with non macro lense!! I really like it, the flower is sharp and colorful and the bg is creamy smooth! ! Bg is also not busy and has pleasing colors.

Thanks Eric - it was a hand-held shot taken while on vacation at a cabin in the Cascade mountains just outside of Leavenworth, Washington. I had a few minutes to myself and the wind had stopped blowing enough to take the shot.

I have the extension tubes (PK11a, PK12, PK13) instead of a dedicated macro so that I can travel lightly and still have OK macro capabilities.

I actually don't use my 105/2.5 AIS all that much anymore (in fact not in the last year) since I got the CV 90/3.5 SL-II and my D800. Shame as it is a fine lens and I've taken many a fine pseudo-macro, landscape, and portrait with it.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1943

More processing from last month. Took a short walk with my wife at a local metropark, brought a couple of lenses along. 50-135 on D700.

rick2906

I just have the pn-11 tube. I'll try using more and to get picture that will look as good as yours

rick2906

Ray, I like the way you frame this picture.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

mp356 wrote:
John, glad you are back! Great work with the 400. The pano is very nice. I like the rebar shot too!

Ray, nice work with 20 3.5. You are going to like that lens. Glad you were able to hook up with Jay.

Ronny, fantastic flowers!

James, nice work with the 105 f4 micro. I had one these awhile back. Should have kept it.

Eric, nice holiday decoration images. Lovely backgrounds.

Sar, the 105 f4 is nice.

Surendra, welcome aboard.

Steve, the night street scene is first rate.

Curtis, nice to see you are still keeping an eye on us kids.

Thank you Scott I really enjoyed using it and it does have a learning curve shooting that wide on FF. Jay and I had a great time taking photos and talking. I appreciate you taking time to comment. Happy shooting

Ray

jhinkey

waysaz wrote:

John—stop it. You're making me homesick with that Sound pano; also the boat's amber lights echoing the sky. Nice.

Thanks Nancy! Sorry for the loss of your cat - we had two leave us in 2012.

waysaz
Total Posts: 110

jhinkey wrote:
waysaz wrote:

John—stop it. You're making me homesick with that Sound pano; also the boat's amber lights echoing the sky. Nice.

Thanks Nancy! Sorry for the loss of your cat - we had two leave us in 2012.

Thanks, John. End of a generation here too, as our last cat standing has cancer. Zoe's 16-1/2, so no heroic measures. Just lots of love and (MF) pics.

I like your idea of older pics as inspiration, but I just wind up re-processing 'em!

Zichar
Total Posts: 3760

Thanks for the kind words. Here's one of the Church's main doors. Umm dedicated to Leighton

45 PC-E
Handheld and shifted

born of mists by Zichar, on Flickr

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 865

A big thanks to Ray for showing this left coaster around. Circumstances of my trip are leaving little time for participating in this thread, but wanted to post something from our outing.

Highpoint of Florida

D800 55mm f/1.2 wide open
-Jay-

rick2906

Really nice Jay! ! The bokeh looks like oil painting! !

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 865

Thanks Eric!
Here's one for door lovers.
No Soliciting

D800 55mm f/1.2 @ 1.2
-Jay-

Zichar

Wow it's a fully gilded door ... where was this at?

Zichar

Didn't notice I had this in my CF card
My first ever shot with the 135mm f/2.8 AI(s?)
Unboxed, turned around, and there she was

anthropomorphism by Zichar, on Flickr

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

Now for some rule breaking, my chance is because Curtis retired from the Forum and Leighton is more lenient.

We had an USO Christmas dinner for military families, I volunteered for taking and printing pictures on the spot, had a lot of fun getting the children to smile.

The thing though is that we photographed a couple of hundred families over two hours, including the printing. To speed up the process, i used my old D200 with the 18-70 AF and JPEG straight out of the camera at ISO 800 to the printer. Wanted small files and AF, no time to focus, this was very much how I don't like to do photography but it was the most fun photo taking of the year.

I only post here, so this is my season greeting to you, hope it stays long enough for you to see.

DSC_8429 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

DSC_8400 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Beautiful shots Jay. The bokeh from the 55mm is beautiful and that door is just amazing. You do very nice work!

1       2       3              3287      
       3289              5890       5891       end