Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3273

1       2       3              3273      
       3275              5885       5886       end

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1940

Jose, quite a pano. I don't think a wider lens is needed.

saph wrote:
Ray (Ohio), that chilled leaf in the grass with the 55 micro is superb! And loved the bench waiting patiently for someone walking the path to sit down on it.

Samy, since it was 15 degrees outside I'm pretty sure that bench was waiting quite awhile!

Georg, I do like snow when the autumn leaves are gone. It clenas up a lot of urbanscapes, and provides a very welcome relief from the drabness of the winter months.

Jay, the gum tree shot is interesting, did you visualize the liquid bokeh before the shot?

Peter, tough luck with the FE. All the best in your continued search, don't give up!

Don, simply fantastic!

Scott, see my note to Georg above? I'm actually a little jealous, it's just cold here in northwest Ohio with no snow.

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Two with with the 10.5cm f2.5 when snow was still far away and there was color and warmth

FallLeaves by maryland_photos, on Flickr

And one with the 55 1.2S

ArchitectureAndStatuesBnW1_edited-1 by maryland_photos, on Flickr

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Inspired by James wonderful lunch-photography I gave my very best at the local christmas-fair.
This is - really - what I had for lunch: Bratwurst ;-)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself and absolutely HAD to shoot this tasteful decoration.
Will re-do this one in a more festive light.

Bratwurst at Thanksgiving - 135/2.8Q wide open, D3s, had to remove some loCA's

saph

Kitties in sunbeams, which were not visible the last few days.

13.5cm f3.5 for both, the first one is wide open. The second is slightly stopped down to f4.

The pink in the first one isn't CA in this non-multicoated ~1960 lens

CatInSunbeam1 by maryland_photos, on Flickr

CatInSunbeam2 by maryland_photos, on Flickr

georgms

Samy, the cat on your second image reminds me of the posture of meerkats - always alert ;-)

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1940

Some other favs MF from this fall.

(Rolling Farmland) Nothing like the hills where Leighton lives, but being from the flatlands of Ohio any elevation relief is exciting! 105 f2.5 AIS.

(Sunburst) 28mm f2.8 AIS, my attempt at a sunburst. Don't like the diffraction softening of the image at pixel level, but works fine for web display I think.

(October leftover fall color) Leftover from October, pixel peeping really shows off the 28 f2.8 AIS at it's best behavior - sharp to the edges at f8

*Edit - Strange, the order of pictures has switched a few times - editing the description above

saph

Georg, that's neat and fun rooftop architecture

Hope to see more of the local fair!

georgms wrote:
Inspired by James wonderful lunch-photography I gave my very best at the local christmas-fair.
This is - really - what I had for lunch: Bratwurst ;-)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself and absolutely HAD to shoot this tasteful decoration.
Will re-do this one in a more festive light.

Bratwurst at Thanksgiving - 135/2.8Q wide open, D3s, had to remove some loCA's

saph

Ray (OH), super starburst through the fall leaves. Any softening at f/16 is worth it!

Interestingly enough when driving from Pennsylvania to Ohio (Pennsylvania Turnpike), the landscape suddenly turns absolutely flat almost right after the signs welcoming you to Ohio

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Don it's so nice to see you dropping by with a great photo
Jay love the power plant photo. Sorry about the rough water. They are beautiful animals!
Curtis beautiful flowers from the master
James wonderful product shots. The lighting is delightful!
Scott I knew I could count on you to have the first snow photos of the year. So nicely exposed.
TONY!! great to see you my friend. You picked a perfect background for your spur
Samy terrific bokeh and the B&W is top shelf. I used to have a cat that looked just like yours.
Georg what a great scene. Makes for a fun photo.
Raymond your fall scenes are suburb. Nice colors and the starburst - wow!

MDoc9523

Thanks for all of the comments on my Harley photo
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my U.S. friends. I hope you all have a wonderful day with families and friends. What would Thanksgiving be without turkeys. I found these wild ones at the Circle B. Ranch a while back.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3287

Thanks for the kind comments, Leighton, Samy, Georg, Ray, Peter (SA) and Peter (Ohio).

Jay, what a "liquid bokeh" with 55/1.2, to my eyes, marvelous;

Peter, sorry about the 16/3.5; hope you receive a full refund from the seller;

James, congrats for the new 135/2; but I disagree - I loved the your debut shot with this lens;

Scott, very nice winter images with the 18/3.5;

Ray (Ohio), loved the fall colors and the sunburst;

Ray, nice turkey shots - here we have a trivial working day, but anyway I wish a
Happy Thanksgiving for all our American friends.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3287

Some "love" for the 300/4.5 ais IF-ED:

Flower with Nikkor 300mm f4.5 EDIF by labecoaves, on Flickr

D600 + Nikkor 300mm f/4.5 ais EDIF hand held, ISO 500, f/5.6 at 1/320s. ~10% cropped. Exif is wrong at 360mm (my fault at menu inputing data).

Leaves with Nikkor 300mm f/4.5 EDIF by labecoaves, on Flickr

Just a quick "real world" test of lens sharpness.
D600 + Nikkor 300mm f/4.5 ais EDIF hand held but supported on a windowsill, ISO 400, f/5.6 at 1/80s. Exif is wrong at 360mm (my fault at menu inputing data).

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 7404

Heres another spin on the AZ spur. I also enjoy a challange at dusk, the 500 reflex on the D-300 ( lots of grain and errors on focus ). EXIF not set on 500 shots.
Harry Palmer

MDoc9523

Thanks Jose. As it turns out my turkey photos were using the same 300mm 4.5 EDIF. AWESOME shots!
Tony I am so glad you are posting again with your new D300. I see you still have your 500mm reflex

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 7404

Ray - i think you have Tony and i mixed up. Thats ok.
Harry Palmer

MDoc9523

Kingfishphoto wrote:
Ray - i think you have Tony and i mixed up. Thats ok.
Harry Palmer

OOOps sorry Harry. Of course, my bad. I don't know what I was thinking. Darned old age

Oosty
Total Posts: 4208

Post early for Christmas. Saw this pillar box outside a local antique/collectable shop this afternoon.

28-45mm f4.5 zoom

Oosty
Total Posts: 4208

Samy - you must be happy to see some sun. Nice cats.

Ray - beautiful series.

Georg - the first time I looked I saw the pic. When I came back it was gone -? Did you remove it? My first thought was that it was a little oversharpened but now I'm not sure that I saw it at all

georgms

James, congrats to your new 135/2! Very nice and tasty food-shots, I prefer #1 for it's cleaner composition.

Scott, ahh, snow finally! Very nice set, the snow on the twigs on shot #4 makes for a 3d-effect.

Harry, I prefer #1 of your spur-shots. Well done, love the background "melting away". Really interesting set with the 500 Reflex! Which version do you own? I've read that the tripod-mount of the older variant is better

Samy, love the glistening leaves and the rendering of your 10.5cm /2.5. The framing of your hallway-shot is excellent.

Ray (from Ohio) - what a nice fall-set! I like all 3 shots equally. I wouldn't worry too much about diffraction of your fine sunburst-image, even at pretty large print size nobody will notice a slight softening in my opinion

Ray (from Florida) - these wild turkeys should have shown a more happy face - they're probably not aware how sweat life can be ;-) Nice work with your 300/4.5 (or 100-300/5.6?).

Jose, love the fine detail on your leaves-image. Wonderful natural colors and tones too.

Peter, the pillar-box is a nice catch. Christmas-decorations in a summerly looking environment is still something I have to get used to ;-) Nice framing!

Thanks for the comments on the pig-top-roof! It was just a fun-shot, but I'm sure I can get a better image during the next 4 weeks. Plan is to shoot it at dawn from a tripod, I just don't know how I should deal with the rotating piggy above the chimney ;-) Peter, the over-sharpening might be the result of posting a JPG downsized by flickr.

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 862

Jose What a wide pano, excellent and very interesting.

Curtis Love the last yellow rose.

Ray Except for the bricks the motorcycle looks like it was taken with a rectilinear wide. You found just the right framing.

James Very appetizing food shots.

Scott Nice snow shots, glad there is none where I am, but I did have ice on my windshield this AM. That was wintery enough for me!

Harry The brass and the red rug really work well together.

Samy I'm enjoying the museum shots, and the cats even more.

Georg Nice pigs, very cool.

Peter I really like the 1st shot with that strip of green, it gives the photo a nice depth.

Ray I think the turkeys are neat, what interesting color.

-Jay-

1       2       3              3273      
       3275              5885       5886       end