Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3265

1       2       3              3265      
       3267              5885       5886       end

Weasel_Loader
Total Posts: 1275

Can anyone offer advice for AI an AI-s lens profiles for LR? To be honest, I'm not a wiz with LR and only used profiles when I had AF-S lenses.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4676

Weasel_Loader wrote:
Can anyone offer advice for AI an AI-s lens profiles for LR? To be honest, I'm not a wiz with LR and only used profiles when I had AF-S lenses.

I have used lenses that are in ACR, but not any of the ones in LR. I know that there are a few folks out there that post profiles for these old lenses, you just have to look for them. I am 2 weeks into using LR, but am enjoying it a lot (now that I have figured out how to integrate my other favorite tool from Photoshop with LR, happy). I hope someone with more help chimes in so I can start getting profiles too. I have considered making my own, but... Time you know.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12616

Thanks Jeff and I really like the post work with the Caddy.

Scott - I didn't know you had the 18 Looks to be a good choice for the D7000.

John - Love "Just Standin' Around".

Georg - "Flare well" is great, but color

Philippe - Always enjoy your street shots.

Rafael - What a beautiful rainbow, never seen one this color. Pays to be in the right place at the right time.

leighton w

Weasel_Loader wrote:

LR doesn't offer profiles for these old lenses. I either use one of the AF lenses that match the Fl of the AI/AIS lens I have, or just adjust manually.

leighton w

Well yesterday was the last day of the regular season at the market. After shooting all 34 weeks of the same thing, it was hard to get motivated. I tried the 50mm but everything in the viewfinder looked drab. No real colorful vegetables, no nice flowers, the trees were bare. It was just a boring photographic day. I finally mounted the 180/2.8 and was able to find a couple that worked.

This first one is of a very eccentric customer and her dog. This lady ALWAYS has an interesting clothing choice.

Ecentric Feet/180/2.8 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Tis the Season/180/2.8 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

kwoodard wrote:
georgms wrote:
Got another MF-Nikkor yesterday. Lost bids on a 25-50/4 and a late model PC 35/2.8, but had luck with a pretty low bid on an already Ai'd Nikkor-Q Auto 135/2.8. I have basically no need to get another 135, but had my eyes on several budget-priced pre-Ai-models.
Getting a not very rare lens from overseas doesn't make much sense because of shipping-costs and additional import-duties (not to speak of the hassle to deal with the customs).

Anyway, here are some first tries with it, shots while killing some spare time:

135/2.8Q at f/4, D700 - it works to shoot rear-views of soccer players ;-)

just a visual crime scene von georgsfoto auf Flickr
Just a "visual crime" scene at one of the many soccer-fields here - 135/2.8Q wide open, D700

flare well von georgsfoto auf Flickr
the 135/2.8Q was a bit challenged in the flare-department, but is in good company of my other 135mm-lenses

it works for mermaid-portraiture too von georgsfoto auf Flickr
135/2.8Q wide open - it should make a nice portrait-lens

Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
135/2.8Q wide open - I really like it's bokeh so far (enhanced here a bit with the structures-slider)

I have tried most of the 135/2.8's (all except the earlier ones than the Q and the Series E), and I love the Q the best for the reasons you posted, beautiful bokeh. Looks like you got a really nice copy. I have two of them, one in great shape glass wise, the other in great shape mechanically. I make due with the great glass (the focus ring is stiff) but I really like it.

Kevin, it's my first 135/2.8 from Nikon. Because I already have the Ais 135/2 and the Ai 135/3.5 I didn't want a "modern" 135 and had my eyes open for a "Q". This copy is in pretty good shape for a 40+ years old lens, but nowhere near collectors-condition.
Will shoot this one once and then, it handles well and IQ is really okay from what I have seen so far (a bit more prone to flare than some other lenses and longitudinal CA's are pronounced too).

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Rafael, beautiful images from the sunset-rainbow! Your 28PC-shots look really crisp, did you use shift for those? If so, I would have to look for a better copy (my 28PC is not very sharp when shifted, at least at the borders).

Leighton, good job with the 180ED! The eccentric customer is well worth an image for sure! The Advent decoration looks really great: the light is very cool here, I assume there's a bit of "Leighton's special Lightroom-magic" involved ;-)
Thanks for your comment on "Flare well" - I've played with some film-presets and liked the color-version somehow.

leighton w

You guessed it Georg, LR is wonderful!

mp356
Total Posts: 5637

Georg, thank you for the comment. I like the bokeh you are getting with the "new" 135.

Rafael, beautiful rainbow!

Leighton, I like the eccentric customer image. Nice framing and colors. Thank you for the comment. Yes I replaced the 20 3.5 ais with the 18 3.5 ais to get just a bit of extra width in landscape work. Ray made me do it!

mp356
Total Posts: 5637

"Winter Waits Its Turn"

I took these yesterday as a storm front moved our way. Woke up to several inches of snow this morning. These were taken with the trusty 28 and the 200 f4 micro.

Thanks for looking
Scott

rick2906
Total Posts: 1364

These were all taken with my 200 f4 macro. The 50 1.2 ais is on it's way!! For all manual lens lovers, I just bought the zacuto z-finder pro 2.5 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/867051-REG/Zacuto_Z_FIND_PRO232_Z_Finder_Pro_2_5x_for.html

It will be pleasure to use your manual glass with this, I love it!! The only thing that I don't like about this device is the gorilla mounting plate, too bulky and not fast enought to install. Instead order the adhesive frame. no bulk and you won't need an adapter when you use a battery grip!! If you have have a perfect vision order the junior http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/682689-REG/Zacuto_Z_FIND_JR_Z_Finder_Jr.html instead way cheaper but it doesn't have a diopter. some people also complain about the zfinder falling, I really don't have that problem but you could order the z-band to fix that problem. Happy shooting :P

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

Georg, #4 is nice -)
Leighton, 1st one is a cool shot
Scott, the whole set is nicely done

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

mp356 wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
another one with 28/2.8 ais :

Another nice one Philippe. I like the rich tones and detail inside the shop. Looks like a perfume and chocolate shop?

Scott it's Paris's oldest sweet shop, founded in 1761 and still operating in its original location.
Here is an other picture taken with the 28 too :

leighton w

mp356 wrote:
"Winter Waits Its Turn"

I took these yesterday as a storm front moved our way. Woke up to several inches of snow this morning. These were taken with the trusty 28 and the 200 f4 micro.

Thanks for looking
Scott

Thanks Scott. Congrats on the 18. Hope you guys keep all the snow up your way! Love this one.

leighton w

rick2906 wrote:
These were all taken with my 200 f4 macro. The 50 1.2 ais is on it's way!! For all manual lens lovers, I just bought the zacuto z-finder pro 2.5 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/867051-REG/Zacuto_Z_FIND_PRO232_Z_Finder_Pro_2_5x_for.html

It will be pleasure to use your manual glass with this, I love it!! The only thing that I don't like about this device is the gorilla mounting plate, too bulky and not fast enought to install. Instead order the adhesive frame. no bulk and you won't need an adapter when you use a battery grip!! If you have have a perfect vision order the junior http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/682689-REG/Zacuto_Z_FIND_JR_Z_Finder_Jr.html instead way cheaper but it doesn't have a diopter. some people also complain about the zfinder falling, I really don't have that problem but you could order the z-band to fix that problem. Happy shooting :P

Very nice Rick. If you're a macro shooter, I would think this tool would be of great help.

leighton w

Lieutenant Z wrote:
mp356 wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
another one with 28/2.8 ais :

Another nice one Philippe. I like the rich tones and detail inside the shop. Looks like a perfume and chocolate shop?

Scott it's Paris's oldest sweet shop, founded in 1761 and still operating in its original location.
Here is an other picture taken with the 28 too :

Love the contrast and all the things to look at in this image Philppe.

rick2906
Total Posts: 1364

Yes it will for sure!! The lcd screen always get wash out outside, not anymore! What I really like too when shooting with the lcd screen, I can out 10x magnification on top of ny 2.5x from the zacuto! On top of that with the d800 I get real time histogram!

Weasel_Loader
Total Posts: 1275

Leighton- I guess thats just one of the drawbacks on using these older lenses. Thanks for the info. Love the shots of the feet. Never would have thought to take such a photo, but it works great!

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

A little more around the streets of London UK

Using the 180mm f2.8

Evening has arrived

ISO 1600

Hope these are OK

Steve

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

Plus a couple from the 24mm NC f2.8

Steve