Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3254

1       2       3              3254      
       3256              5887       5888       end

rattymouse
Total Posts: 7430

Life's taken me out of the thread for awhile so I'm trying to get back in. I've read 8 or more pages, and of course waaay too many to comment on, but "likes" have been dished out!

Neopan 400 with a mix of 50mm f/1.2 and 24mm f/2 shots of the various roofs of a Taoist temple.

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Tom, each of those roof shots are superb. Good to see you on the thread again!

Jim, you have quite a variety of glass!

Ray, the little engine that could being carried around by crane is very funny

saph

135 f2 AI, at f/11.

Fall's done.

TheEndOfFall by maryland_photos, on Flickr

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Ron your work with the 80-200 is a fine example of just how sharp this lens really is. I love the horses in action. Of course over time they have been an expensive proposition for me
Jay thanks for the comment. The engine was one of those used in the yard to move rail cars around to prepare them for freight and I have to agree the caboose dwarfs it.
Peter what great bokeh and the composition is terrific. I Always love to see what inspires you!
Rafael the 8mm always amazes me. Great shot!
Jim nice work with a lens that rarely shows up in our thread. Your style shows that this modest lens is a very capable performer.
Tom so glad to see you posting. I was just thinking about you the other day. I just love your style and your work in B&W I never tire of see your part of the world!
Samy such a wonderful time of the year and I always hate to see it end. Beautiful colors

MDoc9523

I had a lot of fun at the installation of the trains. Having always been shy about photographing people, I felt more comfortable because so many people had cameras that day. The first two were taken with the 180mm 2.8 ED and the last two were using the 24mm 2.8 AIS. I noticed in using the 180 at 2.8 and some distance, it fashions a sorta 3D effect. It is certainly one sharp lens!

the solitaire
Total Posts: 2101

Tom, those are some really nice roofs. So much more inspiring then the roof styles I get to see here most of the time. Sagged roofs over here have novelty value. Itīs mostly straight boring roofs to keep the rain out.

Jim, thatīs a catchy catch can. I have wondered for quite a while now how that 35mm performs on an APS-C camera. It seems to do just fine. I really like the D300 for itīs simplicity and ruggedness.

A real workhorse

Samy, thatīs exactle the type of sight I saw this morning, except someone added some mist Iīd say itīs no longer fall. It fell.

28mm f2,8 Ai on D300 @ f5,6, ISO 200, no gorillas here

Ray, I really like that last shot. Perfect timing, good composition!

MDoc9523

Thanks Buddy. That's a great shot of the fog on a fall morning - simply beautiful!
Thanks Samy the little engine is quite cute

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

Just managed to get a bit of time to go through the forum and this thread
I'm sorry for your loss, Kevin

the solitaire
Total Posts: 2101

Ray, I would have liked that shot even better if it had been sharp

Itīs not a bad impression so I decided to post it here nonetheless. Next time I need t remember to leave the dog and bring a tripod instead

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5053

Great shot everyone

saph

That image was very nice indeed Buddy. Foggy here too this morning.

the solitaire wrote:
Ray, I would have liked that shot even better if it had been sharp

Itīs not a bad impression so I decided to post it here nonetheless. Next time I need t remember to leave the dog and bring a tripod instead

saph

One more image from the Walters Art Museum in Baltimore. 55 1.2 S at f/2.

TheLeaningWomenInBnW by maryland_photos, on Flickr

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2483

I am going to get m wrist slapped for posting too many. This is my last dance event. The reason is to convince you to get a 50-300mm ED ais zoom. I was a little too far back in a large theater. Manual focus, AF is overrated. I used both the D800 and the D3 and both gave excellent high ISO results, but the D3 was much more fun to work with all the way through the processing. All photos at full aperture.

Tierra Caliente _192_2013 DM D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Tierra Caliente _209_2013 DM D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Tierra Caliente _372_2013 DM D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Tierra Caliente _148_2013 DM D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Tierra Caliente _054_2013 DM D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Tierra Caliente _224_2013 DM D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Tierra Caliente _479_2013 DM D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Tierra Caliente _429_2013 DM D3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

saph

Scott, thanks. The 35 1.4 is very different from the 28 in character. Would be worth having that option for your bag

Ron, terrific equestrian set with that 80-200 4.5.

Peter (Knysna), the gray wine glass against the gray backdrop works very well!

Rafael, enjoyed the juxtapositioning of your 8mm fisheye image against Georg's straight line 45 PCE one.

Ray, great job in people photography. I myself am more comfortable pointing lenses at birds

Gunzorro
Total Posts: 8732

Thanks, solitaire! It works pretty well as a combo. I'm actually happier with the D300 than the D7000. Maybe I don't have as high of expectations, and maybe it's just a better camera except for the sensor.

This lens might be better than that 35/2 AIS -- I had two of those and seemed to have more curvature of field than the 2.8.

deang001
Total Posts: 1793

MDoc9523 wrote:
We miss you dearly Curtis
After a little nudge from Leighton about my never taking photos of people, I went out today to see the new engine and caboose being "installed" downtown today. I took my 180mm 2.8 AIS to give it a go at some photos of the crowd.

+ 1 on Curtis ..

Really nice Ray. I like the way you process images. They always jump off of my screen.

deang001

rattymouse wrote:
Life's taken me out of the thread for awhile so I'm trying to get back in. I've read 8 or more pages, and of course waaay too many to comment on, but "likes" have been dished out!

Neopan 400 with a mix of 50mm f/1.2 and 24mm f/2 shots of the various roofs of a Taoist temple.

Excellent work, RM.

deang001

leighton w wrote:
HCE HCE wrote:
I went down town today and, as you can see things are build differently here.
D800 55mm f/1.2 wide open

-Jay-

When I was a kid, I would have dreamed of this being my bedroom. It's just like a tree fort, minus the tree.

Same here ... exactly what I first though ... I would have had gun turrets all around that top level

Weasel_Loader
Total Posts: 1275

Just a quick snap with my D700 and 20mm f/2.8 AI-s. Love this lens!

Socalpicman
Total Posts: 156

Rafael you already sold me on the that lens. I missed out on one a few months ago but another came up last week and I won the bid. It was supposed to be delivered today by the tracking. Been running to the door at every sound, looks like it will probably be Monday.

Great pic's everyone. Haven't posted much lately but should have an excessive amount of free time in December due to Layoffs and reorganization where I work. On a good note I should be heading back to San Diego again maybe in January. Not looking forward to another move though.

Kevin, very sorry to hear of your loss.

JD

1       2       3              3254      
       3256              5887       5888       end