Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3245

1       2       3              3245      
       3247              4304       4305       end

Zichar
Total Posts: 3551

Thanks everyone, I'm pleased as punch how that turned out

CGrindahl wrote:
Another great shot Chin. You definitely have the eye for engaging compositions, as well as for evocative titles and text. I'm curious which lens you used for that shot. You mentioned there have been some additions to your kit of MF lenses and I'm curious how you're using them.

That one was inspired by another fellow poster on this thread, both comp and title
I'm still processing shots from my South Australia trip in July; taken with the 45PCE
The 28/2.8 is on the way, from Japan so it should be here next week, or so it says on the eBay page

I brought the FM2 + 35/2 AI and 50/1.8 AIS on my visit to Malaysia
I've yet to pick up my developed roll of Ultramax from the consumer lab, maybe tomorrow
After that I've gotta send that and the Delta 3200 to the hobbyist fella I know to get that dev-ed and scanned
Gonna cost me 30 bucks for that, ouch
Very excited to see how they turn out, gosh I miss digital!
But I am loth to start processing a new batch before I'm done with this
I'm persnickety that way... it will be hard to resist the temptation, so many to show you guys
Which also brings me to realise Tom hasn't been around lately

Zichar
Total Posts: 3551

CGrindahl wrote:
I think you're right Ray, given the shutter speed listed... I wouldn't dream of going there. In fact, it was some of Jeff's early work at the beach that tickled my fancy regarding a tripod. You're just offering frosting on the cake...

Maybe a little less single-malt...

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13167

Zichar wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
I think you're right Ray, given the shutter speed listed... I wouldn't dream of going there. In fact, it was some of Jeff's early work at the beach that tickled my fancy regarding a tripod. You're just offering frosting on the cake...

Maybe a little less single-malt...

I'm on the wagon at the moment... my hand is steady as a ROCK...

mp356
Total Posts: 4330

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:

Leighton, I hope, the cleaning/repair of your D600 will be a speedy one.

Thanks Georg, I feel naked with out it. I have to shoot at the market this Saturday with a P&S.

Leighton, how do you mount a 50-135 3.5 ais on a P&S?

mp356

Foggy14 wrote:
This one has some serious flaws, especially viewed in a larger size, but I like it anyway.

Very nice Jeff!

mp356

Zichar wrote:
Nevermind the chilly walk in the dark to the communal toilet
Nevermind the water heated up by feeding logs to the donkey
Nevermind the fly swarms, so thick they can form giant words and cartoon arrows
Nevermind the creepy stone huts with decor trapped in the 70s
Nevermind the musty smells and carpets to tiptoe on with toenails

we have so little time in the world by Zichar, on Flickr

Oh my Chin. This is a wonderful image. The title makes it just that much better. Definitely a print and frame!

leighton w
Total Posts: 9456

Jeff - Very nice shot, "flaws" and all.

Chin - What a great shot! Print it REALLY large.

Curtis - I'll have to see if there's someone out there I can borrow a camera from. Maybe I can get the Market to buy me one.

leighton w

georgms wrote:

Leighton, I hope, the cleaning/repair of your D600 will be a speedy one.

leighton w wrote:
Thanks Georg, I feel naked with out it. I have to shoot at the market this Saturday with a P&S.

mp356 wrote:
Leighton, how do you mount a 50-135 3.5 ais on a P&S?

Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

CGrindahl wrote:
Awesome work with the 180 Ray... those butterflies are amazing. I envy you the flora available in Florida that you share with us so often. California at this time of the year is moving toward the brown hills we associate with autumn. It will be a few months before rain returns to bring green to the environment. I may not be inclined to move to your state, but I certainly enjoy seeing what you discover to photograph. I think the 180 is a perfect lens for you... though it doesn't have a tripod collar... Maybe that's why I like it so much...

Thank you Curtis. I am enjoying the 180 a lot more than I thought I would and I can't believe how sharp and rich it actually is. Good luck in your tripod search. The photos by Jeff and Chin as well as some photos from the landscape section here at FM lead me to get one.
BTW great shot Chin....again

LarryM
Total Posts: 299

Guys and Gals,

Just a heads up...I've posted some lenses on the buy & sell forum that you might be interested.in.

So far a 105 f/2.5 ais, a 180 f/2.8 ai and a 35 f/2.0 ais.

Coming soon: a 200 f/4 ai, a 50 f/1.8 ais, a 50 HC f/2.0 (non ai) and a 70-210 f/4 ais series E.

Thanks for looking.
Larry

designdog
Total Posts: 198

CGrindahl wrote:
designdog wrote:
Foggy14 wrote:

David, congrats on your new 35/1.4!

Thanks, although I must confess I got the Zeiss 35/2 as well. Will have a shoot-out with the two of them, and the Sigma. (I like 35mm!)

So far the Nikon is looking really good...

When you do your comparison David, make certain you do a set of images at f/2. I'd fully expect the Sigma to produce a smoother bokeh at f/1.4 but that by f/2 all three lenses will perform well. The Zeiss has always intrigued me but 35mm is NOT a favorite focal length for me so I've never felt I wanted to make the additional investment to find out how it performs. I was content with the 35 f/2 AI-s I eventually sold when I bought the 35 f/1.4 AI-s and now I'm content with that lens as well. It has excellent color and contrast and I'm content with its bokeh even in challenging situations.

Have fun.

OK Curtis. I will do a set all at f2, f4, and f5.6. Will post the Nikon here, with a link to the full comparison on my Flickr stream. I bought the Zeiss from a member here, and should have it early next week.

I plan to go to our Market here Saturday with the 35 1.4 AI-s. getting kind of bored with shots around the house.

I can tell you that this lens looks brand spankin' new. Even has a bit tight focusing ring. And it is sharp!

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1093

Thanks for the kind comments on the fishing shot.

Ray, Curtis is right. That was a tripod shot all the way. I had originally gone out with with a six stop ND filter to capture some smooth water sunset images like the one below. When the kids wandered into my shot I tried to get a few frames of them standing still with the water moving around them. It almost worked, but at least one of them moved enough in each exposure to cause more blur than I was looking for. Though it didn't work out perfectly, I still like the mood and subject of the shot.

Foggy14

mp356 wrote:
Zichar wrote:

Oh my Chin. This is a wonderful image. The title makes it just that much better. Definitely a print and frame!

+1. Chin, that's a beauty!

leighton w

Foggy14 wrote:

Ray, Curtis is right. That was a tripod shot all the way. I had originally gone out with with a six stop ND filter to capture some smooth water sunset images like the one below. When the kids wandered into my shot I tried to get a few frames of them standing still with the water moving around them. It almost worked, but at least one of them moved enough in each exposure to cause more blur than I was looking for. Though it didn't work out perfectly, I still like the mood and subject of the shot.

Beautiful light and image Jeff, now take that nasty dust bunny right smack in the middle out of it!

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2474

Thank's
Great shot Chin Ray Jeff

Stokesey
Total Posts: 813

Zichar wrote:

Fantastic Chin

And you're right ..... so little time .... so much to do ....

Steve

Stokesey

Foggy14 wrote:

I really love this shot Jeff

You just want to walk right in to the water ....

Steve

Stokesey

Wandering around the town I found these flowers

180mm f2.8 + PK-13 @f8 ISO200

Steve

pburke
Total Posts: 2123

another panorama with the 20mm f/3.5 - vertical frames, about 8 or 10 of them here. This is Wanda Lake near Muir Pass (the low point with the middle one of the small clouds above it). The backlit large dark peak left below the sun is Mt. Goddard, one of the tall peaks in the middle of Kings Canyon National Park. The lake is rather large for its 11,400+ feet of elevation, and it is the first time I found it without ice and snow around, being a month later in a drought year than my usual July trips. As usual, the panorama has no relationship with the actual view up there. This is over 180 degrees compressed into a rectangle

and a few unstitched 20mm f/3.5 frames from two days earlier near Selden Pass, late in the day with the sun disappearing quickly behind the western ridges

Sally Keyes Lakes

Shoreline at the eastern of the two Salley Keyes Lakes

Foggy14

leighton w wrote:Beautiful light and image Jeff, now take that nasty dust bunny right smack in the middle out of it!

Thanks Leighton. The great thing about my "style" is that dust bunnies and sensor dirt or oil just don't matter. Everything gets blurry in the end.

Thanks Steve and Ronny.

1       2       3              3245      
       3247              4304       4305       end