Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3242

1       2       3              3242      
       3244              4152       4153       end

Stokesey
Total Posts: 727

Was in Blackpool UK this morning.

They have what must be the biggest glitter ball in the world !!!

So with the 55mm 1.2 I shot it. The second shot is only to give the thing scale.

ISO 200 f8 @ 1/80th on D700 with Circ Pola filter

Steve

Stokesey
Total Posts: 727

Whilst in Blackpool, I came across a Police Station

It was reassuringly retro, I thought with retro lenses it would work for me.

And before any of you cynical lot ask, No I was not helped in by the long arm of the law.

I went of my own free will

180mm f2.8 ISO200 1/250th @ f8

Steve

leighton w
Total Posts: 9136

James Markus wrote:
Rave lights with the 50mm f1.2 ais

Love the color Jim!

leighton w

bruni wrote:
Wednesday - just fooling around

ben

Haymarket - nikon 55mm f1.2 SC by benmorgan28, on Flickr

I like the shadows in this one, well seen.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4026

Stokesey wrote:
Just around the corner from the farm were these Swallows gathering for their journey south to Africa.

I think a rest and feed is allowed before such a long flight. And there is no in-flight service !!

Outrageous!!!

180mm + TC-200 @f2.8 ISO200 1/640th @ f5.6

Steve

They'll be back in South Africa by the time I get home - summer's coming!

James Markus
Total Posts: 4400

Thanks for the kind comments Leighton, and Ray.

Ben, are you shooting these low angle shots on self timer? I know you didn't lay on the ground for this one...

bruni wrote:
ben

btw, we ate at the restaurant along the left edge of this shot...had a wonderful time.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2318

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ben, 1st one is top notch !

+1

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 12949

Zichar wrote:
Since it was my birthday on Mon, I placed an order for a 28/2.8 AIS to perhaps replace my 35/2 AI
I realise that my involvement in this thread has only seen me purchase the 35/2, 50/1.8, 50/1.2 over three years
It’s taken me awhile to be able to say this again… “Curtis made me do it”

Happy to be of assistance... What are friends for, even cyber friends?

My guess is you'll love the 28. And happy birthday by the way, though the number is doubtless so low that the celebration was modest. Of course, as the number gets bigger, the need for celebration AT ALL seems silly. I'm not resistant to getting older, but when you're past 70 there hardly seems a need to keep counting. The old adage is "every day above ground is a good day..."

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 12949

Great set of images Ben. You have a wonderful eye for an entrancing shot.... great energy in the first and last shot. But I love all three. Nice to see the weather is allowing your to get out and shoot a bit. Your work is much welcomed on this thread.

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
Zichar wrote:
Since it was my birthday on Mon, I placed an order for a 28/2.8 AIS to perhaps replace my 35/2 AI
I realise that my involvement in this thread has only seen me purchase the 35/2, 50/1.8, 50/1.2 over three years

My guess is you'll love the 28. And happy birthday by the way, though the number is doubtless so low that the celebration was modest. Of course, as the number gets bigger, the need for celebration AT ALL seems silly. I'm not resistant to getting older, but when you're past 70 there hardly seems a need to keep counting. The old adage is "every day above ground is a good day..."

Happy birthday Chin!

We had a market customer some years ago that was up in her years, and every time I asked her how she was she would say, "still walking above ground"!

Zichar
Total Posts: 3506

CGrindahl wrote:
Zichar wrote:

Hahaha you really do have a way with words. I turned 32 Monday ... and though I wail about growing older to my wife and friends, I know enough to zip up when on this thread

mp356
Total Posts: 4249

leighton w wrote:
James Markus wrote:
Rave lights with the 50mm f1.2 ais

Love the color Jim!

+1 Jim. Nice graphic image.

mp356
Total Posts: 4249

leighton w wrote:
bruni wrote:

ben

Haymarket - nikon 55mm f1.2 SC by benmorgan28, on Flickr

I like the shadows in this one, well seen.

Ben, I am with Leighton on this one. Love the shadows.

ZippZopp17
Total Posts: 20

great shot of chinatown ben. i love the low angle and the dappled light

rankamateur
Total Posts: 840

These little Finches love this time of year when the seeds are on the wildflower.

designdog
Total Posts: 198

Update on my 35 1.4 AI-s status.

KEH shipped me another EX+, which looks to me like it is brand new. I have the option of keeping this or spending just a few more dollars for a Zeiss 35/2, or 2,35 in the Zeiss parlance.

My first impressions of the "new" 35 1.4 are quite favorable. In essence, by exchanging an almost new 24-70 2.8G which wasn't getting used, I now have almost new 35 1.4 and 85 1.4 classic mf lenses, which are getting used.

The shot below (just a test shot, please forgive it) for some reason is a difficult scene for my lenses to get right. Even the Sigma 35 has difficulty with it. this is what the 35 1.4 AI-s did...

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2806

designdog wrote:
Update on my 35 1.4 AI-s status.

KEH shipped me another EX+, which looks to me like it is brand new. I have the option of keeping this or spending just a few more dollars for a Zeiss 35/2, or 2,35 in the Zeiss parlance.

My first impressions of the "new" 35 1.4 are quite favorable. In essence, by exchanging an almost new 24-70 2.8G which wasn't getting used, I now have almost new 35 1.4 and 85 1.4 classic mf lenses, which are getting used.

The shot below (just a test shot, please forgive it) for some reason is a difficult scene for my lenses to get right. Even the Sigma 35 has difficulty with it. this is what the 35 1.4 AI-s did...

Looks like it did well to my eyes!

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

Happy Birthday Chin - 32? - WOW.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone - the 24 PCE is a very dramatic lens. Peter Z - don't think we've "met" - thanks for the comment.

James - yes I was lying on the ground. I hate Chinatown. It was supposed to be a shot of the woman on the right who was making balloon animals. I thought there'd be colour and movement - but she kept giving me dirty looks so I had to point the camera away. Same with the women in the shadows - that's why they're not in focus - the blond woman kept staring at me to go away - so I had to point the camera at the ground.

ben

saph
Total Posts: 2288

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
Ben, 1st one is top notch !

+1

+1 for that one. Taken while being prone on that street Ben?

saph
Total Posts: 2288

Ron, loved the pizza dinner! And your 600mm images.

1       2       3              3242      
       3244              4152       4153       end