1       2       3              3212      
       3214              5891       5892       end

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5072

Thanks
Great shot Steve Chin and Leighton

Ronny Olsson

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny Olsson

Now more dragonflies for me in a while

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

Awesome again Ronny

The DOF is critical and you've got it perfect I see

Great pix

Steve

deang001
Total Posts: 1793

jhinkey wrote:
philipj wrote:
John, wouldn't the 180mm f/2.8 be a reasonable competitor to the 75mm f/1.8 Oly?

Yes, if only it were as good. The 75/1.8 is sharp completely across the frame wide open, with just a bit low in contrast and very minimal CA (that's easily fixable in post and it only occurs in specular highlights) - it reminds me of the 100/2 MP Zeiss in many ways.

A light, sharp-across-the-frame, Nikon 150/2.8 would be great for my D800 . . . heck I'd love Nikon to come out with the patented 135/1.8AFS someday soon.

Totally agree John. I've only had the Oly 75/1.8 for a couple of weeks, but it's already my favourite. It's pretty special.

deang001

Speaking of the 180/2.8 ...

These are from our Cambodia trip last November ... still have 1000's to go through. They are from a floating village outside of Siem Real on the Tonle Sap called Kompong Phluck. We were on a rickety old boat and these were some of the sights on the banks as we were cruising along.

All taken with the 180/2.8 Ai-S & D800E

DSC_3975 - Kompong Phluk - Cambodia by dean.g., on Flickr

DSC_3933 - Kompong Phluk - Cambodia by dean.g., on Flickr

DSC_3925 - Kompong Phluk - Cambodia by dean.g., on Flickr

DSC_3972 - Kompong Phluk - Cambodia by dean.g., on Flickr

deang001

Zichar wrote:
Back to regular scheduling ... now that the film shots are all processed

en amour by Zichar, on Flickr

Man, I like the regular scheduling. What an amazing shot. Beautiful colours and reflection. Great stuff, Chin !!!

James Markus
Total Posts: 4801

Really like this one, Chin. Is this a mirage effect or a reflection?

Zichar wrote:

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. I had a little health scare but all is ok now. The good news is I believe the Doctor is going to lower my medications. That would be nice
You all have been posting some great photos over the past few days. I started to copy the URL's of the ones I liked but when I got over 10 I realized that was too many to post. So please forgive me. Keep those fall colors coming Leighton because it looks like my trip to the Smokys will not happen this year

MDoc9523

I did manage to get out today with the 85mm 1.4. Here's a couple shots that I liked.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

MDoc9523 wrote:
I did manage to get out today with the 85mm 1.4. Here's a couple shots that I liked.

Love the second shot Ray, glad you are on the mend. Been praying for you!

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Ray, I'm glad to hear you're okay now. Love the surreal looking bokeh/background of #1, #2 is a great find.

Chin, "En Amour" is a great piece of art. Your artistic vision is impressive.

georgms

Dean, excellent set! #3933 stands out for me, it speaks "so much work to do with just a shovel".
I was wondering about the very low point of view until I read that you've shot these fine photographs from a boat ;-)

Ronny, as much as I love your flower- and dragonfly-shots I hope to see some wonderful Swedish winter-landscapes soon

Steve, your Wiswell-image looks like it could be taken almost 70 years ago. Great!

Leighton, I like the shape of the curve in front of the buildings. To me (I'm stereo-blind) it looks almost 3-dimensional.
Thanks for your comment on the moon-shot, I've used a VSCO-preset in ACR and added just a border in ColorEfex.

Rafael, very cool set from the city-hall! Nikon's 8mm is a dream-lens for me, right now I use an old Sigma 8mm as cheap substitute from time to time. A circular image with just a bit of the black border (cut out circular too) looks pretty cool in a newspaper-print ;-)

georgms

mp356 wrote:
Thank you everyone for the comments on the train images. Here is another, a pan shot attempt, from the same day. I panned the camera trying to maintain focus on the lettering. Train was moving at about 50 mph. Taken with the 50 1.4 SC at f4.
Scott

Scott, wow, panning on a subject moving with 50 mph up-close is something I still have to try ;-) Love the effect!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

If this turns out to be true, I feel our lenses will get pricier and I will be back among you... http://nikonrumors.com/2013/10/21/the-upcoming-nikon-retro-full-frame-camera-will-not-have-video-possible-announcement-on-november-6th.aspx/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NikonRumors+%28NikonRumors.com

MDoc9523

Thank you Kevin. I too am quite excited over the new Nikon rumor.
Thank you Georg and I agree completely on Scott's photo - amazing!

georgms

Metering with and troubleless use of non-Ai-lenses sounds pretty good. I hope the camera will look more pleasing than Sony's offerings ;-)

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

Zichar wrote:

Chin, I really like the simplicity of this. Lovely reflection of the person.

mp356

Stokesey wrote:
Following on wandering the highways and bye-ways of Lancashire UK

The Villages of Pendleton and Wiswell are just interesting little stone built cottage gatherings.

Same lens and f11

Steve

Beautiful scenes Steve.

mp356

MDoc9523 wrote:

Ray, I am glad you liked this one because I really do too. Just lovely.

1       2       3              3212      
       3214              5891       5892       end