Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3197

1       2       3              3197      
       3199              5887       5888       end

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Steve, interesting subjects. Impressive image of the constable. And I like the f4 one better than wide open.

For the guy with the pink hair ( ) perhaps a faster shutter speed may have also worked? Unless you were going for that look.

Stokesey wrote:
Policemen and women are great subjects !!

Constable Helen Allen here is mounted on a rather large horse ... and not to be argued with !!!

But the London Police are very helpful ....

55mm f1.2 @ f4 ISO200 1/1250th

Steve

saph

Ray (FL), love the first and third flower the best. Especially the third, beautiful colors captured!!

Buddy, nice image of the arachnid. Some kind if wolf spider? Americo, I think the spider imagery will go well with your skull theme in your photography, if you can get past the arachnophobia part. I have no artistic sense, but somewhere I am seeing a logical connection between the two.

saph

+1 Chuong. Great start with the super tele!

What speed was this at. For little birds like this one, if you want to get sharpness in feather detail, try as fast a shutter speed as possible because those tiny beings are very twitchy. Of course hand holding those lenses isn't the best option, anything you can rest it on or against (if you can even find a tree to rest your arm against, even that helps) goes a long way if you don't have a tripod handy.

mp356 wrote:
raboof wrote:
Wow, 12hrs with no updates on this thread?

I took the 600mm lens out this morning to try it out. It was hard to focus while handheld. I missed focus on this shot because I was still doing the one shot at a time habit. Still, I love the lighting on it.

Very nice Chuong. Love the colors and composition.

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 863

MDoc9523 wrote:
A couple shots from today using the 85mm 1.4 AIS

I really like the dark beautiful tones, beautiful shots and processing.
-Jay-

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

Great shots of your daughters Phillipe using my go to lens the 180mm

Buddy that spider pic is fantastic. Thanks for sharing it.

Samy that effect was what I was looking for. But the focus point could have been better. Cos it is sharp but just not necessarily in the place I wanted it sharp. And very shallow DOF -expected

Thomas - nice collection

Steve

HCE HCE

the solitaire wrote:
Oh yeah, I also made a photograph Iīd like to share.

made with the 55mm f1,2 S.C

Dark but very rich tones. I've been seeing black widows but took no pictures.
-Jay-

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Nice spider shot, Buddy.
Great portrait shots, Philippe.

Here are two from today. 135mm f2.0 AI

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 5366

Nikon F4 and 85/1.4, probably using Fuji 400H

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

the solitaire wrote:
Scott, I just now saw those railroad bridge pictures. The wide landscape scene is made of pure awesome, but I also really like the details you picked out. I like the rusted pillar better with color then in B/W though, but that also has to do with me having a weak spot for the creative natural patterns corrosion often offers

Thank you Buddy. It is a neat old bridge.

mp356

Oosty wrote:
A couple of street shots Annecy, September

Peter, feels like you are channeling a bit of Philippe here. Nice shots.

mp356

Stokesey wrote:
Policemen and women are great subjects !!

Constable Helen Allen here is mounted on a rather large horse ... and not to be argued with !!!

But the London Police are very helpful ....

55mm f1.2 @ f4 ISO200 1/1250th

Steve

Very nice Steve. The 55 1.2 renders nice backgrounds.

mp356

Lieutenant Z wrote:
daughters, 180/2.8 ais :

Philippe, beautiful portraits of your daughters.

mp356

MDoc9523 wrote:
A couple shots from today using the 85mm 1.4 AIS

Ray, lovely flowers as always. Nice work.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2484

Good to see you Jose.

Cool group of musicians with the fisheye Jay.

Quintessential Europe streets Peter and interesting constellation gear.

Steve you are going to love the 25-50mm at 5.6 and 8.0. at 4.0 not so much. Blue bird indeed and sharp guard.

Beautiful portraits Philippe.

Very complete lens set Thomas, with chips too!

Great colors and Bokeh with the 85mm 1.4 Ray. See my 85mm 1.8 below.

Buddy, what a spyder! not your backyard I hope.

Choung, what is the pretty red flower?

Not very creative today, did chores around the house, but also worked on two lenses, noticed that my 50-300mm ED ais had a loose rear element,
removed the mount and come to find out it the rear elements are in a tube that screws into the inside of the lens,
the tube was loose but all it needed was a good tightening.

The other lens was the 85mm 1.8 k, some of you may remember I had purchased one of these with the ai kit
but it was optically defective, later I bought another without the ai kit, but could not remove the mount screws,
so I transferred the good lens unit into the bad lens housing with the ai kit. Today I finally was able to move
the ai ring and the good elements into the original housing. The original housing was cosmetically better
and much smoother focusing, which is the reason to use it, plus now the infinity focus is in calibration.

Here are the lenses: The non-ai is the best of them, swear, the K elements on the camera are now in the body on the left,
the bad elements are assembled as a full lens, they look fine but the pictures are ugly, will keep it for parts.

Nikkors 85mm 1.8 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

I am not much of a bokeh person, this is the season of the bougamvilleas, a little rain makes them happy. These are full size in Flickr.

nikon nikkor 85mm 1.8k D800 bougamvillea road 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 85mm 1.8k D800 bougamvillea road 1 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

This portion of road I keep photographing.

nikon nikkor 85mm 1.8k D800 bougamvillea road 3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The car looks small and far, but check a 100% crop, Can't wait for the D900 with 50Mp, 36Mp is not enough for my lenses.

nikon nikkor 85mm 1.8k D800 bougamvillea road 3 crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

the solitaire
Total Posts: 2108

Ray, steve and Choung thnx for the kind words I really like how the 55mm S.C rendered the scene that wasnīt much to look at at first glance. A glasshouse of 10x10x10" with a bare lightbulb and the stuff you see in that picture was all there was. The lens really made the best of it.

Americo, the best way to get over arachnaphobia is to spend a lot of time in the company of spider enthousiasts. When these people are so fascinated and casual about their spidery busines itīs pretty easy to take a first step, and another, and continue going without looking back. The repulsio will not go away entirely but there will come a day where you no longer hesitate to take a spider in your hands. (watch out with the dangerous ones. There is a good reason some alarm bells ring when seeing spiders. Itīs an instinct. Some people tend to overdo the instinct thing though)

Do you have a picture of Jeff?

Samy, it should be a Brachypelma albopilosum if Iīm not mistaken. Seen this little guy at a zoo. Iīm not a spider kind of person so Iīm not sure in which family it belongs.

Jay, if I would be seeing black widows I would step on them first before taking any pictures

Anthony, thanks a lot for sharing that. Beautiful dog shot with a fine lens and camera. Itīs pretty amazing to see how far digital photography has come. Itīs also amazing to hear people still complain about sharpness in 100% crops and crying for more pixels. I always liked the rendering of film and never had much of and issue with the sharpness it offered at "grain level"

Rafael, not my backyard indeed. These guys donīt seem to like the temperatures we have over here at the time. Awesome resolving power from that 85mm lens and by the looks of it, reviving that lens was well worth the effort. 55mm on crop sensor is pretty close to 85mm on a full frame camera. After walking around 2 weeks with the 55mm glued to my D300 I can see where the fascination for 85mm lenses comes from. Itīs a very nice allround focal length.

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

You guys have been busy since my last visit, but now it's Sunday and I get to play a little.

There was some fine photos the last few days, too many to mention all of them. But here are my favorites.

Jay, I like the simplicity of this one. The only thing I'd change would be to clone out the bottle. But that's really just nic-picky.

Steve, I like the way his helmet fills the screen, not to mention the color.

Philippe, beautiful soft focus on this one. Nice processing as well.

Ray, very nice set, but I love how there's just a touch of light fallen on this one, and how it seems to be floating.

Buddy, speaking of light, it's gorgeous on this little guy. Well captured!

EDIT: Well, the image link doesn't seem to want to work on this one. But beautiful spider pic Buddy!

leighton w

Just a few from the Market yesterday. It rained all day so I didn't get to shoot as much as I'd like. All with the 50-135/3.5.

O-dark thirty, before the vendors arrive.

50-135/3.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

This is the plant called Bittersweet, just in case you were wondering.

Our jazz singer and her band performed, in spite of the rain!

HCE HCE

leighton w wrote:
Just a few from the Market yesterday. It rained all day so I didn't get to shoot as much as I'd like. All with the 50-135/3.5.

O-dark thirty, before the vendors arrive.

I really like this one's colors and streetlight stars, you must have used a slow shutter speed and have a steady hand.

-Jay-

HCE HCE

Stokesey wrote:
Running the 55mm f1.2 @ f1.2 is a real struggle when close to the subject !!!

So I struggled for the sake of the art ....

Taken from behind the Guardsman @ f1.2

Wonderful, and the top part is an amazing abstract!
-Jay-

leighton w

HCE HCE wrote:

I really like this one's colors and streetlight stars, you must have used a slow shutter speed and have a steady hand.

-Jay-

Thanks Jay. it was a 3 second exposure with the camera sitting on top of a cooler and an Ibuprofen bottle holding up the lens!

1       2       3              3197      
       3199              5887       5888       end