/forum/topic/929565/3184

1       2       3              3184      
       3186              4049       4050       end

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2535

mp356 wrote:
DTOB wrote:

DSC_0482 by DEETEEOHBEE, on Flickr

Dylan, I like this series. Does have a Florida feel to it. Nice use of the fisheye.

+10!

asiostygius

Slabshaft wrote:
Great shots to everyone. I really enjoy that 16mm fisheye!! Thanks for the great comments. I'm still open to criticism nonetheless

Here's another. Same sunset as before. D600 +24mm f/2.8 Ai @ f/16

Another stunning scenario with wonderful light!

asiostygius

Paul Gabel wrote:
To stay in the blue tones, a cloudscape between Berlin and Amsterdam

_PG20584 by Apapa56, on Flickr

Nikkor 50mm 1.2 ais at f11 1/640 sec iso 200 on a D700

Very nice capture, Paul.

asiostygius

Thanks everyone for the comments.

RM (Tom), the "Live at Pompeii" is actually a rare Russian CD, simply the audio from the DVD of the same gig, with some interviews:
http://www.mymusicbase.ru/PPS2/sd_2639.htm
Some day I will make a photo DVD of my 2 trips to Pompeii with this soundscape

Samy, as I am a sick completist, I have all studio albums of PF and some of the live CDs
Some day I will shot my (over) 1200 Cd collection to post on here
Curious thing about your comment on musical tastes is that in the late 70's I was a jazz/blues/fusion & classical guy; in the 80-90's was a more prog-rock guy; right now I am a Heavy Metal guy ;
but I still like and regularly listen to Cds of all those musical genres;
what definitively I can not stand is punk, rap & 99% of Brazilian music
Just my taste.

Leighton, loved the carousel horse, vivid colours and lovely bokeh; and the hammer shot = PP is first rate!

Steve, I like your "mixed messages", great PP & bbokeh;

Georg, appreciated your "fisheye fun" series;

Ray, what beautiful colours from Florida. That yellow cast is similar to what my scalloped N.C 28/2 delivers;

asiostygius

These days a male Yellow-legged Thrush is using some trees before my office window.

I managed to capture the main diet of this guy, at least during last 5 days
(all shots with D600 + Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 ais EDIF CPU'd supported on a windowsill):

Mature Archontophoenix cunninghamiana (King palm) fruits:

Archontophoenix cunninghamiana (King palm) fruits by labecoaves, on Flickr

ISO 800, f/5.6 at 1/400s, ~10% cropped. This is an exotic palm here in Brazil, native from Australia!

Male Yellow-legged Thrush eating fruit of the King Palm:

Male Yellow-legged Thrush eating fruit of the King Palm by labecoaves, on Flickr

ISO 1000, f/8 at 1/1000s, DX mode in camera + some crop.

Yellow-legged Thrush regurgitating King Palm seed.
Sequence of 5 shots within just 2 seconds:

Yellow-legged Thrush regurgitating King Palm seed by labecoaves, on Flickr

ISO 1000, f/8 at 1/1250s, DX mode in camera + some crop. I would say this fruit has less than 10% in weight of edible pulp!

The bad thing is that birds are spreading this invasive species over here

Zichar
Total Posts: 3470

I almost always have my FM2 with me ... but taking a photo with that may mean it'll take a couple of months to get them processed, looking at the speed I go through a roll. I'll see what I can do. Not sure whether my work puter will allow me to load RAWs

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 12748

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Let me make this CLEAR! I'm suggesting that on the day that is August 22 for you, whether tomorrow for Ben or the next day for the rest of us, we would take a shot at 12:43 a.m. on that day... local time. No need to relate to time differences. Its like New Year's Eve celebrations that move around the earth with time changes. Ben will get their first, then Dean, then Chin... actually a bit like Nikki as she moved around the world. And if you're at work Kevin, take a photo of your waste basket...

That is only one possibility. Ben suggests we lean into the theme of THREE, which could be done in multiple ways. For Leighton it might be three empty Heineken bottles sitting on a table, for Ray it might be a trio performing at his club... so many options and so little time...

OOPS... 12:43 P.M.!

Does this mean there won't be any autographed lens from you? Seriously though, this sounds like a good idea. I'll try my best to post something at the appointed time.

I've been giving the matter serious consideration Leighton but soon realized that only "certain" lenses would be meaningful to "certain" people... for example I know someone who would drool over the 135 f/2 AI-s, but not everyone else would even consider that heavy lens that produces purple fringing worth owning... Someone else I know, who happens to live across the Atlantic would be really excited by the 16 f/3.5 K AI'd but quite a few folks already have it and those who don't aren't fishy fans. I concluded that rather than have SO many people disappointed with the lens offered in the raffle that it would be best to avoid such feelings by not holding a raffle.

Now if folks were willing to buy 100 raffle tickets at $10 a pop, or 50 at $20 a pop, perhaps they could take their pick of anything in my kit BUT the 16. That is the lens one that would be nearly impossible to replace. You might even be willing to buy two or three raffle tickets to increase the chances of getting the 135. At $60 it would be a steal...

Zichar

Haha so what's it gonna be? It's an hour to the 22nd for me, and I gotta pack my camera into my work bag if I need to

CGrindahl

One thing is certainly Chin... IF you took a photo on August 22 at 12:43 p.m., in the office or on your lunch break you could post it as encouragement to others to do the same. That is what I'll be doing, but since I'm on the West Coast of the U.S. I'll be one of the last to arrive at that time. But I'd still love to hear from folks how they came upon this thread and what motivated them to contribute. My story is in the first post, but I'll likely repeat it a bit when I post a photo...

Happy anniversary...

Zichar

Aye aye Captain.
I'll bring my CF reader too then. And the 50 1.2 ... or the 45PCE

LarryM
Total Posts: 294

I know we have a few film shooters on this thread and I hope I'm not out of line asking this. I'm working on a deal to acquire another MF lens but the seller insists only on a package sale with a Nikon F3 HP camera body. I have no use for the camera and would just have to resell it.

Is anyone here interested in a F3 body for about $150?

Larry

mp356
Total Posts: 4189

Thank you for the comments everyone.

Paul, I like the in flight aircraft window image.

Jose, lovely image of the plant. Too bad it is an invasive species.

Curtis, very nice b&w portraits.

DTOB
Total Posts: 1359

LarryM wrote:
I know we have a few film shooters on this thread and I hope I'm not out of line asking this. I'm working on a deal to acquire another MF lens but the seller insists only on a package sale with a Nikon F3 HP camera body. I have no use for the camera and would just have to resell it.

Larry

Larry, I have two already, one working, the other for parts. Otherwise I would be interested.

It is one of the finest Nikon cameras available for MF lenses, depending on the screen, IMO. You should use it.

DTOB
Total Posts: 1359

Also, thank you to everyone for the very kind comments on my 'florida' photos.

Maybe one day I'll have a chance at the real thing!

rankamateur
Total Posts: 838

Cicada vs Ground Wasp and the outcome is always the same. 55 2.8 Micro 100% crop

mp356

Anyone looking for the 16 3.5?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Fisheye-Nikkor-16mm-f-3-5-lens-/221270906074?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3384c614da

mp356

rankamateur wrote:
Cicada vs Ground Wasp and the outcome is always the same. 55 2.8 Micro 100% crop

Nice closeup Ron. Not sure I would have gotten that close to one of these. Stung by one last night!

LarryM
Total Posts: 294

DTOB wrote:
LarryM wrote:

Larry

Larry, I have two already, one working, the other for parts. Otherwise I would be interested.

It is one of the finest Nikon cameras available for MF lenses, depending on the screen, IMO. You should use it.

Dylan, I agree about how great the F3 is, I made my living with one in another life. But so many things have changed, including my move from film to digital. Where I live there is no lab nearby to process film and I no longer have the room nor desire to do it myself. If I ever needed to shoot film I have an old 8008 and a FM2 that still work. These will probably be for sale in the next closet cleaning, too.

I so enjoy using my D700 and a bag full of lenses, both AF and MF (thanks to THIS thread). There has to some kind of spell being used that's forcing me to buy MF lenses.

CGrindahl

mp356 wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Fisheye-Nikkor-16mm-f-3-5-lens-/221270906074?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3384c614da

I sent a PM to Ronny, who is much interested in this lens. It is the earliest F version of the lens but they all have the same optical design so that is not important. What IS important, is the lens has the Nikon AI conversion kit installed so there is no need to cut the aperture ring...

Hope someone from the thread scores this lens. It is a bit of a strange breed of cat, but very enjoyable, as we see from folks posting on this thread with their copy...

stedge
Total Posts: 839

CGrindahl wrote:
mp356 wrote:

I sent a PM to Ronny, who is much interested in this lens. It is the earliest F version of the lens but they all have the same optical design so that is not important. What IS important, is the lens has the Nikon AI conversion kit installed so there is no need to cut the aperture ring...

Hope someone from the thread scores this lens. It is a bit of a strange breed of cat, but very enjoyable, as we see from folks posting on this thread with their copy...

It also has the lens cap!!!!!!

1       2       3              3184      
       3186              4049       4050       end