Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3182

1       2       3              3182      
       3184              4321       4322       end

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13195

DTOB wrote:
Maybe she's going to apply for a job at the Booksmith?

Quite like it. She is small in the frame, that leads me down a whole different path of thought.

Also I am taken by your tiny sidewalks. Not sure why ours are so large in comparison.

Great eye Dylan!

Stores in Marin have difficulty finding employees in part because housing costs are so expensive that a clerk would hardly be able to afford living here. I see young folks who likely live at home with their parents and older folks probably well established in the community, perhaps even retired. But this woman walked right on by...

mp356
Total Posts: 4357

Zichar wrote:
My wife, in a furious stage whisper
Take this shot now!
The laughed till bowled over after the shutter tripped
She has a weird sense of humour

back to by Zichar, on Flickr

Beautiful light and clarity Chin.

CGrindahl

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Wonderful work you're sharing with us Leighton. You're aware, of course, that you COULD have used a longer lens for that blacksmithing shot and avoided the danger... Love how you converted the image as well as the nice tight composition. You're knocking it out of the park my friend.

Thank you Curtis. I like your window shopper, looks like you're going after the look that our friend Georg so often displays here.

Hard not to be influenced by the many talented folks who hang out on this thread... I'm still enjoying Silver Efex Pro 2. Granted, everything that can be done with it can be done with Lightroom but I find working in SEP to be simple and intuitive. I don't use any of the preset options, but rather play with sliders until I get what I'll looking for. To bad the trailblazer in BW conversions, Monty, has abandoned us in favor of AF lenses...

CGrindahl

ANNOUNCEMENT

Since we're two days away from the third anniversary of this thread's beginning, I thought I'd ask the usual suspects whether they have thoughts about how we mark the day... I mean beyond the cards containing cash addressed to me...

Sue thought we could each take a photo ON the day, August 22, to share, but we do that most days. We could each recall the date and circumstance of our arrival on this thread. I did a bit of that when we reached the second anniversary, but it would be much too much work with all the newcomers who've joined. How did you discover the thread and what motivated you to begin participating?

The first post was at 12:43 p.m. of that day. We could each take a photo at that time wherever we happen to be, and then share it. We could share once again our favorite photo from the thread.

I know that with time such things as birthdays lose a bit of their meaning. On the other hand, I doubt many of us who are in relationship could get away with saying the same thing about anniversaries... That is a recipe for disaster...

I'll probably wax eloquent on the day but that is hardly something new or even special. I'd welcome suggestions anyone has on this subject. We have a day and a half to "prepare." Just remember... you snooze, you lose...

Shot with the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd... a nine month old American citizen whose parents are both Finnish but gave birth to their son while in this country doing post-doctoral work. A lovely couple who return the end of this year to Finland, sad to leave the Bay Area but happy to be reunited with grandparents...

CGrindahl

A couple of more baby photos taken with the 20 f/3.5 U.D. AI'd... I constrained myself, taking photos of babies belonging to folks I know. There were another five or six from a few weeks to two years... another world from the one I know...

A bit different treatment in SEP, with no grain added, both using the red filter. First Ansel with mom Sarah and then our Finnish/American who definitely wanted to get back to mom's arms.

CGrindahl

And a couple taken with the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd... my friend Doug who is looking more like Wild Bill Hickock every day and then a woman I don't know who was enjoying an excellent bottle of beer. It seemed this crowd was very much into their beers. I didn't try it buy Doug said he much enjoyed the gluten free beer, which seems impossible given that most beer with made WITH wheat... go figure...

leighton w
Total Posts: 9494

CGrindahl wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Since we're two days away from the third anniversary of this thread's beginning, I thought I'd ask the usual suspects whether they have thoughts about how we mark the day... I mean beyond the cards containing cash addressed to me...

Sue thought we could each take a photo ON the day, August 22, to share, but we do that most days. We could each recall the date and circumstance of our arrival on this thread. I did a bit of that when we reached the second anniversary, but it would be much too much work with all the newcomers who've joined. How did you discover the thread and what motivated you to begin participating?

The first post was at 12:43 p.m. of that day. We could each take a photo at that time wherever we happen to be, and then share it. We could share once again our favorite photo from the thread.

I know that with time such things as birthdays lose a bit of their meaning. On the other hand, I doubt many of us who are in relationship could get away with saying the same thing about anniversaries... That is a recipe for disaster...

I'll probably wax eloquent on the day but that is hardly something new or even special. I'd welcome suggestions anyone has on this subject. We have a day and a half to "prepare." Just remember... you snooze, you lose...

I'm really not sure what to do other than you waxing eloquent. Perhaps we could do some sort of on-line drawing with a chance to win one of your lenses. Autographed of course!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Was driving on my way home and decided to take the long way. Going down some seldom traveled back roads with my 50mm 1.4 mounted to my D600. I haven't used this lens for a while, so I gave it some much deserved, careful attention not to blow out the highlights. This is the K version that my good friend trimmed for me.

MDoc9523

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm really not sure what to do other than you waxing eloquent. Perhaps we could do some sort of on-line drawing with a chance to win one of your lenses. Autographed of course!

Count me in for the drawing

leighton w

Beautiful Ray. I love the first one with the old barn and the fence serving as the foreground element. You sure have some gorgeous skies in Florida.

MDoc9523

Curtis your B&W treatments are wonderful. Looks like the little boy has really tugged on your heart strings. That smile he gives to you is priceless!

MDoc9523

leighton w wrote:
Beautiful Ray. I love the first one with the old barn and the fence serving as the foreground element. You sure have some gorgeous skies in Florida.

Thanks Leighton. Actually I thought about you when I first saw the setting. Although the heat can be trying at times, we have some beautiful scenery.

georgms
Total Posts: 3481

Ray, I like especially the first two shots with the 50/1.4. Both images show a more elemental, wild Florida, I like that ;-)

Chin, "back to" is another fine piece of photography out of your hands.

Curtis, love the portrait of Doug and your B&W-processing too. Grain is good, grain is good, grain is good
Btw, count me in for the drawing - I'll take that Reflex-Nikkor ;-)
Could somebody please convert the Fred-Miranda-Time to middle-European Daylight saving time

leighton w

georgms wrote:
Ray, I like especially the first two shots with the 50/1.4. Both images show a more elemental, wild Florida, I like that ;-)

Chin, "back to" is another fine piece of photography out of your hands.

Curtis, love the portrait of Doug and your B&W-processing too. Grain is good, grain is good, grain is good
Btw, count me in for the drawing - I'll take that Reflex-Nikkor ;-)
Could somebody please convert the Fred-Miranda-Time to middle-European Daylight saving time

Here you go Georg. http://24timezones.com/

georgms
Total Posts: 3481

If I'm not mistaken (but's that's kinda easy) it would be 02:43 in the very early morning or late night over here. Hmm, have to think about it...

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3006

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Me too! Always love new lenses...

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4852

Zichar wrote:
My wife, in a furious stage whisper
Take this shot now!
The laughed till bowled over after the shutter tripped
She has a weird sense of humour

back to by Zichar, on Flickr

That's a really fantastic shot!

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4852

mp356 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
I had to get close with the 28mm on and I thought this guy was going to clobber me with his hammer.

2013RCF 28/2.8 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

I like to very much Leighton. Nice conversion.

Totally agree. This one's a winner!

bruni
Total Posts: 1425

kwoodard wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Me too! Always love new lenses...

but I'm a day ahead - it's the 22nd tomorrow here!

maybe we could take theme photos to mark the day - pics that evoke the 3rd anniversary - maybe pics that feature the number 3 or contain 3 objects - or evoke some other aspect of the thread?

ben

bruni
Total Posts: 1425

georgms wrote:
Leighton, that's ^ very, very nice B&W! I like your framing and the textures a lot, including the smoke.

+1 great shot Leighton

ben

1       2       3              3182      
       3184              4321       4322       end