Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3171

1       2       3              3171      
       3173              5892       5893       end

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 865

This must have some of the same DNA as the Chevy colored Ford I posted earlier.

-Jay-

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 3767

Stokesey wrote:
This band shows that some aging rockers just never give up.

Their music still rocks - though the looks are a bit unusual

And the name ... Piccadilly Rats - well it seems to suit them !!!

35mm f3.5 @ f8 ISO800 1/250th

Steve

These are good. I don't get into town much but there are always so good characters.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

HCE HCE wrote:

This must have some of the same DNA as the Chevy colored Ford I posted earlier.

-Jay-

OMG Jay I looked at your first photo and thought it looked familiar, but this photo clinches it. I know right where this photo was taken!

MDoc9523

Jay here's a Mustang that was parked in the same parking space as your Ford from a page back

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Some pictures from today, shot for a local paper. Germans wanna lay pipe* too, and this one was quite a sight ;-)

D3s, 20/3.5 Ais - the "rudder" is just a fin to stabilize the floating tube

D3s, 20/3.5 Ais too here - over 1000 tons on 320 wheels/40 axes

D3s +20/3.5 - pulling the hoisting sling

D3s, 85/2.8PC - preparing the hoisting sling

D3s + 20/3.5 - on the hook (I love classic tugs and couldn't withstand to include this one into the shot)

85/2.8PC - the tube (the first of 39 piles) will act as fundament for a wind power plant in the Baltic Sea

85/2.8PC - after some more pressure tests the floating tube is right now on it's way to the windpark (in tow)

Sorry for breaking the 4-images-rule, I hope you guys don't mind. I've shot some more pictures with a Fuji X-Pro (more environmental portrait-stuff) and some with a 200/2, but using MF-glass worked just fine for the images above.

*) A former governor of Alaska and her career are still present over here ;-)

HCE HCE
Total Posts: 865

Jay here's a Mustang that was parked in the same parking space as your Ford from a page back
Wow, what a face,..grill, and its a Ford too! In the same place.

IIRC you did a beautiful set a while back at this location.

-Jay-

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

MDoc9523 wrote:
A few shots today using the 300mm 4.5 EDIF at the University of Florida Teaching Garden

Ray

Very nice Ray.

mp356

georgms wrote:
Some pictures from today, shot for a local paper. Germans wanna lay pipe* too, and this one was quite a sight ;-)

D3s, 85/2.8PC - preparing the hoisting sling

Georg, terrific series! That is one big piece of pipe. The diameter of the steel cables in this shot are amazing!

mp356

Thank you for the comments on the Acadia Beehive.

And now a hint of fall. Taken with the 24 2.8 NC. First use of this lens. Seems to render decent images.
Scott

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1944

Samy, I'm glad you liked the b&w landscape. I actually shot in b&w in my mind that afternoon as it was mostly a very flat green in very flat terrain, but the clouds looked cool.

The following are not the most photogenic renderings, but given the appearance of cars in the last couple of pages I thought the car aficionados would at least appreciate the subject matter. It was nice to get out again this past Saturday with some MF lenses in hand, even if it was midday with less than ideal lighting, and crowds to boot. Apologies that I don't know the names of the cars, but I do enjoy their design a lot.

All D700, either the 20mm f3.5 AI or 50-135 f3.5.

MDoc9523

Thank you Scott. Your new lens has beautiful color and clarity. It is a keeper and the photo is excellent!
Georg what a wonderful job capturing the sheer size of those pipes. Excellent series!
Ray you have to love the wings on that red Chevy. I love how they fill the frame!

amlsml
Total Posts: 1645

A 66 tempest, here are the rest with the 24.

MDoc9523

Andy it's a real beauty! Nice shots

r_o_b_s_o_n
Total Posts: 2480

A few recent shots with my D700 and 20mm f2.8 Ai-s and 35mm f1.4 Ai-s... this was at a "Tweed Ride" in Victoria BC, Canada. The idea is, you get dressed up in some vintage looking tweed, and ride your vintage looking bicycle around in a large group of people, stop here and there for refreshments and games, some music and dancing, and then convene at a final destination for more merry making. Unfortunately the weather was less than ideal for the riding portion of the event, so we curtailed the ride and went straight to the final venue for snacks and beverages... Procedes from the entry fees goes toward repairing and shipping unwanted bicycles to developing nations in Africa.

">

">

">

">

">

">
(the last one isn't an MF lens, it was with my 24-70... many more portraits can be found on my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoff_robson/sets/72157635996301756/ )

Both the 20mm and 35mm are fairly recent additions to my bag, and both have quickly proven them selves as stunning performers. Some of you may recall my post a while back about getting a bunk copy of the 20mm on ebay... well, needless to say the new copy I have is a knockout lens!

Thanks for looking, and sharing your thoughts!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

r_o_b_s_o_n wrote:
A few recent shots with my D700 and 20mm f2.8 Ai-s and 35mm f1.4 Ai-s... this was at a "Tweed Ride" in Victoria BC, Canada. The idea is, you get dressed up in some vintage looking tweed, and ride your vintage looking bicycle around in a large group of people, stop here and there for refreshments and games, some music and dancing, and then convene at a final destination for more merry making. Unfortunately the weather was less than ideal for the riding portion of the event, so we curtailed the ride and went straight to the final venue for snacks and beverages... Procedes from the entry fees goes toward repairing and shipping unwanted bicycles to developing nations in Africa.

">

">

">

">

">

">
(the last one isn't an MF lens, it was with my 24-70... many more portraits can be found on my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoff_robson/sets/72157635996301756/ )

Both the 20mm and 35mm are fairly recent additions to my bag, and both have quickly proven them selves as stunning performers. Some of you may recall my post a while back about getting a bunk copy of the 20mm on ebay... well, needless to say the new copy I have is a knockout lens!

Thanks for looking, and sharing your thoughts!

Awesome story, event and set! Loved them all.

the solitaire
Total Posts: 2123

Happy Birthday Curtis, even if Iīm a bit late.

Didnīt find the time to catch up yesterday and it seems I missed a whole lot of outstanding photograph.

The ī66 Pontiac Tempest and Tweed Ride shots really stand out though. Awesome stuff!

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Lots of good stuff in recent pages. Fun cars and tweed and Curtis' birthday (72nd? 80th? ). Scott, nice scenery. With the lack of recent rain, wonder if the colors this fall are going to be muted. Skyline Drive down in Leighton's neighborhood can be very scenic later in October, let's see how this years colors turn out.

rattymouse
Total Posts: 7430

Stokesey wrote:
A water feature newly installed at Greengate in Salford on the border with Manchester

35mm @ f8 ISO200 1/30th

Thought it showed the flow a little and monochromed in PS5.5

Steve

This is really nice!

rattymouse

There's a 4 image rule??

rattymouse

A belated happy birthday to Curtis!

1       2       3              3171      
       3173              5892       5893       end