Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3101

1       2       3              3101      
       3103              5885       5886       end

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Sue and I visited friends in Tiburon and while they talked fashion I rambled around their amazing house and took photos. Late in the afternoon we went out so Sue could pick from their extensive garden and I grabbed a few photos of San Francisco in the distance. I've posted a similar photo in the past but thought one more wouldn't hurt, especially with a different treatment. This was taken with the 85 f/1.4 AI-s at f/8, then converted in Silver Efex Pro 2. This is as shot. Light was pretty sweet.

On the left is the Bay Bridge which is shut down this long weekend so they can complete conversion of traffic lanes to the suspension bridge east of Treasure Island. In the center between Tiburon and San Francisco is Alcatraz Island.

DTOB
Total Posts: 1359

CGrindahl wrote:
I still can't figure out Dylan what that beautiful woman is doing with you...

Nice set and thanks for the self portrait. You don't look ANYTHING like I thought you would... whatever that means. You're actually a good looking dude... she did okay by herself..

I'm confused...not sure if I should be offended or flattered. I'll go with a little bit of both!

Paul Gabel wrote:
Hey Dylan, I'm posting in the middle of the night (Dutch time) for a reason

Paul, you really shouldn't start fights just to get more time alone with us.

mp356
Total Posts: 5637

Thank you everyone for the comments on the fog and spider web shots.
Scott

CGrindahl

DTOB wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
I still can't figure out Dylan what that beautiful woman is doing with you...

Nice set and thanks for the self portrait. You don't look ANYTHING like I thought you would... whatever that means. You're actually a good looking dude... she did okay by herself..

I'm confused...not sure if I should be offended or flattered. I'll go with a little bit of both!

I confuse myself sometimes, so you're not alone...

Put it this way... you have an attractive wife... plus 1

You're a good looking guy... plus 2

Disregard the rest... plus 3

CGrindahl

Thanks for the reminder Scott. I didn't say anything about that spider shot but it was great. I've been enjoying all the work you've been posting of late but that one really tickled my fancy. Well done.

Paul Gabel
Total Posts: 441

Anyone interested in a 180mm 2.8 ais ED? I have one with a nasty scratch on the front lens, probably because the previous owner tried to unlock it with a pair of scissors.

I am letting it go because I've found a perfect copy. But i've made great pictures with it. Unless you try to emulate Ronny Olsons' direct-into-the-sun bee pictures with it (that's the way I found out the flaw), you will enjoy this lens.

I have discarded the faulty images, so I cannot post them here, but I can provide nice samples of what this lens is capable of, provided you don't shoot directly into the sun.

_PG24920 by Apapa56, on Flickr

_PG29528 by Apapa56, on Flickr

_PG29379 by Apapa56, on Flickr

You can shoot me a PM if you are interested, I was thinking about a price around 150 euros/200 dollars (negotiable, to keep it in the family).

adh67
Total Posts: 561

CGrindahl wrote:
Sue and I visited friends in Tiburon and while they talked fashion I rambled around their amazing house and took photos. Late in the afternoon we went out so Sue could pick from their extensive garden and I grabbed a few photos of San Francisco in the distance. I've posted a similar photo in the past but thought one more wouldn't hurt, especially with a different treatment. This was taken with the 85 f/1.4 AI-s at f/8, then converted in Silver Efex Pro 2. This is as shot. Light was pretty sweet.

On the left is the Bay Bridge which is shut down this long weekend so they can complete conversion of traffic lanes to the suspension bridge east of Treasure Island. In the center between Tiburon and San Francisco is Alcatraz Island.

great viewpoint and composition. I like the B&W treatment has an artistic quality to it.

Bert

adh67

mp356 wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Nikkor 28 f2.8 ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny, this one is terrific.

+1 beautiful image.

Bert

adh67

jhinkey wrote:
Out about Mt. Rainier today - welcome to Spray Park - on the NW side of the mountain that is much less visited (though still crowded) than the other sides to the South (Paradise) and East (Sunrise).

Here's a few from the 45/2.8P and 16/3.5.

Great set John, I was there quite a few years ago I(pre digital for me) I should have some slides and negatives form that trip somewhere.

Bert

CGrindahl

Thanks Bert... that is where you call home at least eight hours a day five days a week. Not a bad place to hang out, as you well know. Here's an another treatment intended to break monitors... A three stitch panorama also taken with the 85 f/14. AI-s, hand held as always. I converted in Silver Efex Pro 2 but opted for a different treatment.

adh67

CGrindahl wrote:
Thanks Bert... that is where you call home at least eight hours a day five days a week. Not a bad place to hang out, as you well know. Here's an another treatment intended to break monitors... A three stitch panorama also taken with the 85 f/14. AI-s, hand held as always. I converted in Silver Efex Pro 2 but opted for a different treatment.

WOW, that one is even better, and yes that is my home away from home fro most of the week. Not a bad place to be

Bert

CGrindahl

And something completely different, shot wide open with the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI'd. This is a jewelry display case in my friend's home. Art is a big part of their lives and their home is definitely a showcase for it.

And here are two shots from different angles of the flowers picked that morning from their garden and displayed on the table where we would soon be having lunch. Both shot wide open with NO processing apart from re-sizing and saving as JPG files.

This continues to be among my favorite lenses. The bokeh it produces is quite delicious.

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1471

CGrindahl wrote:

Wow Curtis, talk about a wall hanger! The wide version, with the placement of the bridge and the small harbor in the lower right of the frame is just terrific.

adh67

I went out into the country this evening for some sunset attempts. While out there I figured it was a good time to take a shot of my new car (about a month old now) as I just washed it today.

Bert

CGrindahl

Awesome colors Bert. Cloud formations are similar to what we had this afternoon in the Bay area, which likely isn't surprising. I left Tiburon long before the sunset began however. These are delicious.

Not too shabby a car either... you need dependable transportation given your commute to the last station on BART where you can your train. I calculated it and you spend a pretty good part of your life on the train and in the car. My hat's off to you. I commuted but never that far.

adh67

CGrindahl wrote:
Awesome colors Bert. Cloud formations are similar to what we had this afternoon in the Bay area, which likely isn't surprising. I left Tiburon long before the sunset began however. These are delicious.

Not too shabby a car either... you need dependable transportation given your commute to the last station on BART where you can your train. I calculated it and you spend a pretty good part of your life on the train and in the car. My hat's off to you. I commuted but never that far.

Yes, I needed the new car, the old one had 230,000 miles on it.

It was quite a change in commute when I moved from the Netherlands to the US. I went from a 30 minutes (one way) commute via Bus and Train to Amsterdam, to a 2+hr commute to San Francisco via Car and Train (BART) I almost spent more time commuting each day then I do sleeping in my bed. Good thing, I do not need a lot of sleep

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8398

CGrindahl wrote:

Simply excellent Curtis. You continuously find amazing images around your neck of the woods.

- John

jhinkey

Another couple from the day. All three of us are tired and it's time for bed.

jhinkey

adh67 wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
Out about Mt. Rainier today - welcome to Spray Park - on the NW side of the mountain that is much less visited (though still crowded) than the other sides to the South (Paradise) and East (Sunrise).

Here's a few from the 45/2.8P and 16/3.5.

Great set John, I was there quite a few years ago I(pre digital for me) I should have some slides and negatives form that trip somewhere.

Bert

Thanks Bert - I've lived here since 1990 and it's my first time on this particular hike - I rarely get to this part of Rainier, but I should do this more often since it ends up being about 1/2 hour less time to get to the trail head than the other parts of Rainier.

- John

jhinkey

Foggy14 wrote:
Great photos this week. Thanks Jose, Leighton, Georg and Ray for the kind comments on the desert landscape.

Sorry for the length of the post. I probably got five pages behind while I was typing this.

Thanks for saying something about many people's images Jeff - something I'd love to do many times, but don't have the time.

- John

1       2       3              3101      
       3103              5885       5886       end