Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3079

1       2       3              3079      
       3081              4365       4366       end

georgms
Total Posts: 3486

Scott, thanks! The bokeh-shape is changing with the amount of tilt - no tilt will produce more rounded highlights.

Jorge, it's always a pleasure to look at your work. Thanks for sharing!

Mark, I like the tube-shot. B&W works really well here.

Two more shots from the Baltic Sea, both in-camera RAW-conversions:

Jorge Torralba
Total Posts: 2493

John,

love the pano of the Olympics. Every time I visit our Seattle office I wish for great weather so I can see them from our window

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4919

CGrindahl wrote:
The color Tom is incredible. I love these shots, especially the last set with a bit more light. The first shot with the temple surrounded by modern buildings is awesome. The rendering of the sky and clouds is amazing. Unfortunately, the cost of processing and digitizing is prohibitive where I live so I'll have to enjoy the work of the film buffs hanging out on this thread. Keep em coming.

Thank you. I will post more after Flickr's planned maintenance is over. I dont want to put up a post of dead links, should they not work during this outage.

More later...

rattymouse

raboof wrote:
I haven't shot film for years. Tom's images are excellent and I think I am going to give my F2 a roll.

It is VERY weird to go back to shooting film after a long break. Give it some time to get used to the differences. Once you are comfortable, then it will become very enjoyable. My first few rolls back were "traumatic" to say the least!

Shoot a roll of Acros 100 and Provia and prepare to be amazed.

rattymouse

rankamateur wrote:
Just in case you ever wanted to know what a Cicada looks like close up! This poor fella was dug up by one of the ground wasps but he was still moving some. PB-6 Bellow, PK-13 and BR-2A reversing ring with the 55 2.8 Micro

Nasty!

rattymouse

I could look at Peter's race car photographs all day long. Outstanding work!

Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend!!

leighton w
Total Posts: 9582

Georg, I really like the first image, reminds me of the White Cliffs of Dover.

jaredvanb
Total Posts: 43

Wow... I really can't believe how fast this thread moves!!

Peter, I am really loving your Road America photos... Stunning work!

Kudos to everyone else, you guys are sharing some great photos!

On a different note, what is the general consensus regarding the 28mm f/2.8D?

Regards
Jared

leighton w
Total Posts: 9582

jaredvanb wrote:

Regards
Jared

If you mean the AI-s version then it can't be beat, one of the sharpest Nikon's made. If you're talking about the AF version, I have no idea.

jaredvanb
Total Posts: 43

leighton w wrote:
jaredvanb wrote:

Regards
Jared

If you mean the AI-s version then it can't be beat, one of the sharpest Nikon's made. If you're talking about the AF version, I have no idea.

I believe I am referring to the AF-D version Tom. I am aware of the AI-s version (which is really the lens I want) but an AF-D might be coming my way for a decent price soon so...

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13308

pburke wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
rankamateur wrote:
Just in case you ever wanted to know what a Cicada looks like close up! This poor fella was dug up by one of the ground wasps but he was still moving some. PB-6 Bellow, PK-13 and BR-2A reversing ring with the 55 2.8 Micro

This is so cool. I also think this is the first bellows shot in the thread. Should post this in the macro section also. any shot of the whole bug? I have never seen one.

check out this video about the 17-year cicada cycle
http://vimeo.com/66688653

Awesome video Peter. I have a vague recollection of knowing this but the video tells the story beautifully. I can't help but wonder whether the cicada Ron photographed was in its hibernation waiting for its climb up the tree. Nature is amazing. Thanks for sharing this.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13308

One Tom I can handle, but two is a challenge when you've known one of them for almost three years by another name. Yes, I knew Leighton's first name is Tom and I even called him that from time to time when we exchanged emails. but then I fell back to calling him Leighton simply to keep things straight in my mind. If you don't mind my friend, I'll keep calling your Leighton. I'm having enough change in my life at the moment... Two Peters is enough...

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6108

georgms wrote:
Scott, thanks! The bokeh-shape is changing with the amount of tilt - no tilt will produce more rounded highlights.

Jorge, it's always a pleasure to look at your work. Thanks for sharing!

Mark, I like the tube-shot. B&W works really well here.

Two more shots from the Baltic Sea, both in-camera RAW-conversions:

Both are great, but Love the second one Georg.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

A few today taken with the 300mm 4.5 AIS and 35mm 1.4 AIS I used my new tripod today for the first time and I absolutely love it. I thought it would crimp my style but it actually added to it

StonePhotog
Total Posts: 117

Those are fantastic shots Ray! Just my style.

MDoc9523

Thank you Jay
Mark beautiful garden photo!
Tom the first two photos are good but that third one is great! I like the cityscapes as well.
Ron what an ugly bug beautifully photographed
Jorge so glad you stopped by.
Mark the clouds are very luminous - well done!
Georg looks like you encountered some ominous clouds. Lovely photos!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3049

MDoc9523 wrote:
A few today taken with the 300mm 4.5 AIS and 35mm 1.4 AIS I used my new tripod today for the first time and I absolutely love it. I thought it would crimp my style but it actually added to it

Love these Ray! What kind of tripod did you get?

MDoc9523

Thanks Kevin, I got a Dolica 62" Proline for $39.99 shipped from Rakuten.com. It holds up to 13 lbs but I believe about 6 LBs is all I would use. It is very light 2.9 LBS and well made for the price and it is light enough that I will carry it. I have a much heavier one that I never use because of the weight. It also came with a very nice carrying case. I was able to get this shot at ISO 100 1/25 at F16 using the 24mm 2.8 - BTW the second bird photo was at 1/100 using the 300mm

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3049

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thanks Kevin, I got a Dolica 62" Proline for $39.99 shipped from Rakuten.com. It holds up to 13 lbs but I believe about 6 LBs is all I would use. It is very light 2.9 LBS and well made for the price and it is light enough that I will carry it. I have a much heavier one that I never use because of the weight. It also came with a very nice carrying case. I was able to get this shot at ISO 100 1/25 at F16 using the 24mm 2.8 - BTW the second bird photo was at 1/100 using the 300mm

Love it. I am a big tripod fan and am starting to like monopods too. I have a recently acquired Tamron 500/8 mirror lens (the one that many claim to be even better than the Nikon 500/8). Remains to be seen, but I am eager to try it. I also have a new 75-300 that I need to clean and a very nice old Vivitar 70-210 that I can use on Harrold and if I can find the Vivitar AI mount... Nonetheless, a good tripod is a must. I don't have Peters hands to hold things steady at lengths beyond 200mm.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6108

Went on a mid-week-ish hike today in the hot Cascades up at the pass/crest. Most popular hike the the Cascades bar none - only 50 or so people today - on the weekends it's well over a hundred.

It was hot under the cloudless sky, but we persevered and made it to our destination. MF Nikkors I had with me were the 16/3.5 and 45/2.8P (as usual these days).

John

1       2       3              3079      
       3081              4365       4366       end