Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3073

1       2       3              3073      
3074
       3075              5885       5886       end

leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

Zichar wrote:
Always take a look behind your shoulder when taking the sunset...
Amazing location, but the words will have to wait until I've got more time to type them out
For now, just the image:



mountivelei by Zichar, on Flickr


Worth another looks, fantastic! You should print this one large.

I learned that tip about looking behind me when I read Galen Rowell's book Mountain Light.


leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Very nice one, Chin!

From the "Pointe du Hoc", Normandy, with 50/1.8 :








Good timing Philippe.


leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

Love the second one Dean! I really like the conversion too.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
Some things make you go




Ronny Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 5046
Country: Sweden

Stunning shot John
Great shot Philippe, Dean,Georg,Scott, Ray,Steve,Steven and Chin



rattymouse
Registered: Feb 04, 2006
Total Posts: 7430
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's some shots taken today using the 35mm 1.4 After using this lens all day I do believe it is my go landscape and all around lens. Such a sharp lens and the colors render to my liking. Taken at Circle B Bar Reserve and yes I did use my tripod
The last one is using the 105 2.5P



Ray, all are very nice, but I like the way this one pulls you in to the scene. I can just imagine drifting down through there in a canoe.


Totally agree with this comment!



rattymouse
Registered: Feb 04, 2006
Total Posts: 7430
Country: United States

24mm f/2.0 ais and Neopan 400. Shanghai's knock off Central Perk coffee shop, a total duplicate of the Friends set.









MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Thank you Tom and Ronny. I really appreciate the input
Tom that shot is perfect. I recognized it right off



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 3699
Country: United States

Lieutenant, I have been following these sets, very evocative. The gull seems to be keeping an eye over these never to be forgotten locales.

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Very nice one, Chin!

From the "Pointe du Hoc", Normandy, with 50/1.8 :




saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 3699
Country: United States

Did someone paint the whole hillside?? Amazing indeed!

deang001 wrote:
Zichar wrote:
Always take a look behind your shoulder when taking the sunset...
Amazing location, but the words will have to wait until I've got more time to type them out
For now, just the image:



mountivelei by Zichar, on Flickr


Chin - you are an amazing photographer !! This should be in a book or used by SA tourism.

Great stuff.


leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

rattymouse wrote:
24mm f/2.0 ais and Neopan 400. Shanghai's knock off Central Perk coffee shop, a total duplicate of the Friends set.









Love it. It was a great show as well.


leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

Chocolate mousse cake anyone?


50/1.2 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr



Stokesey
Registered: Apr 18, 2012
Total Posts: 1543
Country: United Kingdom

Looks good enough for me Leighton !!!

I expect you've eaten it already .....

Nice one .... reminds me of a Pattesierie window I took some time back ... I must find it.

Great shot.

Steve



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

Stokesey wrote:
Looks good enough for me Leighton !!!

I expect you've eaten it already .....

Nice one .... reminds me of a Pattesierie window I took some time back ... I must find it.

Great shot.

Steve

Thanks Steve, it was mighty tasty!



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Chocolate mousse cake anyone?


50/1.2 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr


Leighton!!!! that is so cruel, you know I am on a diet first the corn and now this
Beautiful shot though!



Stokesey
Registered: Apr 18, 2012
Total Posts: 1543
Country: United Kingdom

Wow Chin that is an awesome landscape

Just love those colours.

You are so right about looking over your shoulder

How many of us have missed the shot and regretted it later

Steve



Stokesey
Registered: Apr 18, 2012
Total Posts: 1543
Country: United Kingdom

Thanx for the comment Ray

I thought it was a good shot from a super lens. Hand held too

It is a lump to hand hold

Steve



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Chocolate mousse cake anyone?


MDoc9523 wrote:
Leighton!!!! that is so cruel, you know I am on a diet first the corn and now this
Beautiful shot though!


Oh gosh...I'm sorry Ray. Remember when you post wonderful warm images of Florida in the middle of Winter? Oh wait...maybe that was Reagan.



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 8399
Country: United States

rattymouse wrote:
leighton w wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's some shots taken today using the 35mm 1.4 After using this lens all day I do believe it is my go landscape and all around lens. Such a sharp lens and the colors render to my liking. Taken at Circle B Bar Reserve and yes I did use my tripod
The last one is using the 105 2.5P



Ray, all are very nice, but I like the way this one pulls you in to the scene. I can just imagine drifting down through there in a canoe.


Totally agree with this comment!


Makes me wonder what's lurking in that dark water . . .



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 3003
Country: United States

jhinkey wrote:
Makes me wonder what's lurking in that dark water . . .


brain eating parasites, among other nasty things



1       2       3              3073      
3074
       3075              5885       5886       end