Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3048

1       2       3              3048      
       3050              3799       3800       end

mp356
Total Posts: 3950

kwoodard wrote:
Here are some shots from my first attempt at Street Photography. C&C welcomed. All shots taken with the 28/3.5 and my trusty D7000. Many shots were taken from the hip, just prefocused and using the DOF range markers on the lens.

Nice series Kevin.

mp356
Total Posts: 3950

CGrindahl wrote:
asaya wrote:
I intend on doing just that I retired from work so no excuses, thanks for the invite

There are a few of us old duffers on this thread. Peter lives in South Africa and I live in the San Francisco Bay area. As my boss often said "old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill..." We have quite a bit of youth and a great amount of skill on this thread, so I need every advantage I can get.

Glad you found us. You'll discover this is a very friendly lot who post some truly inspiring work. Hang around here and you can only become a better photographer. And you got here just a month before our third anniversary. Have fun!

Welcome aboard Tony. Nice to have someone else from the upstate snow belt. We could use some of that white stuff today to cool things down.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2381

DTOB wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

Next shots are from inside this awesome little hidden record store...

_DSC8954 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Oh my. This one. Is amazing.

I'm not big on the super desaturated look. For me it is either full blown colour, a SLIGHT desat, or contrasty B+W.

*edit* Did you crop the sides or the top/bottom? I dig the square look, but I wonder what some more records to the left and right might do to the composition.

Also, is he eating?

He is eating, I think. I crop for 5x7 or 8x10 print dimensions. In this shot the sides are cropped a little bit and I straightened it a tad. The camera was on the floor and with the strong light behind me, couldn't use Live View to see anything. Essentially took this blind.

Image #1 was an experiment. Some images I like the desaturated look, others I don't. This one I am about 85% happy with, but I think I am going to try running my normal B&W conversion through it and see if I like it better.

Thanks for the kudos though, it means a lot. I have also learned to embrace grain. I did not add in any grain in post, this is the grain created by the high ISO I had to shoot indoors (some shots are 3200ISO).

asaya
Total Posts: 180

Yes sir we could sure use some of that white stuff, 4+ days here of 90+ temps, Syracuse Nationals this weekend great opportunity for photographing old cars

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4590

mp356 wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
asaya wrote:
I intend on doing just that I retired from work so no excuses, thanks for the invite

There are a few of us old duffers on this thread. Peter lives in South Africa and I live in the San Francisco Bay area. As my boss often said "old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill..." We have quite a bit of youth and a great amount of skill on this thread, so I need every advantage I can get.

Glad you found us. You'll discover this is a very friendly lot who post some truly inspiring work. Hang around here and you can only become a better photographer. And you got here just a month before our third anniversary. Have fun!

Welcome aboard Tony. Nice to have someone else from the upstate snow belt. We could use some of that white stuff today to cool things down.

Pretty sad when it's hotter in NY than Florida

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2826

Zichar wrote:
Nice series, #1 is fantastic, love the desaturated look.
Oh RMCF, I remember visiting in Durango

+1 Kevin, first one is stunning!

stedge
Total Posts: 835

Kevin,

nice work on the street photography!

Eric

the solitaire
Total Posts: 627

Some attempts with my AIS 80-200 f4

I was never sure where in the zoom range I was during any of these. All were at f4 though. ISO 400

raboof
Total Posts: 1333

Nikon 20mm f3.5 UD again.

Flare.

Just move you lens angle a little and no more flare.

kwoodard

raboof wrote:

Flare.

Maybe I am weird, but I love the touch of flare in the first image.

raboof
Total Posts: 1333

Yes, they are quite nice. I didn't get any out of control flare. They are all nice like that.

leighton w
Total Posts: 8581

CGrindahl wrote:
asaya wrote:
Love the tractors and the GTO, we use a 8N Ford for brush hogging, and I have a old Cleatrac that is all there just needs to be rebuilt which I know nothing about. My son in law and his father are going to give it a try

I see some MF Nikkors in your kit Tony... You've found this thread so there is NO excuse not to post a few photos and join the conversation. You're more than welcome. Leighton will be very happy as well since you have a tractor and actually use it. He is our resident farmer... though his wife Barbara does most of the work...

I'm not sure I want you to come for a beer on the front porch now or not.

leighton w

kwoodard wrote:
Here are some shots from my first attempt at Street Photography. C&C welcomed. All shots taken with the 28/3.5 and my trusty D7000. Many shots were taken from the hip, just prefocused and using the DOF range markers on the lens.

_DSC8917 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Very nice sets Kevin, but to me, this one is the winner. I would of liked it even more if it was totally B&W.

leighton w

raboof wrote:

Flare.

Yea, but look what it did to the edge of the house.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1832

Thank's guys
Great shot everyone

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

MDoc9523

Welcome Andy and I love the GTO

Welcome duahau02 Great shot!

Fantastic stuff Kevin

Ronny I love the eyes in the last photo!
Beautiful Dog Buddy
Personally Chuong I prefer the flare

Ray

amlsml
Total Posts: 1307

Yes, the tractors are used in the garden! Also like restoring them and just riding around! That GTO is a daily driver for a 22 year old who helped his dad build it from scratch. I also watched him build a 65 convertible for his daughter, Will post some pics soon, Still amazed that all this glass is lying around, unused in camera shops, closets, etc, waiting to be reborn. VERY COOL. I think I am addicted!

kwoodard

amlsml wrote:
Yes, the tractors are used in the garden! Also like restoring them and just riding around! That GTO is a daily driver for a 22 year old who helped his dad build it from scratch. I also watched him build a 65 convertible for his daughter, Will post some pics soon, Still amazed that all this glass is lying around, unused in camera shops, closets, etc, waiting to be reborn. VERY COOL. I think I am addicted!

First step is admitting you have an addiction.

MDoc9523

135mm 2.8 AI in bright light. Taken with the 35mm 1.4

rattymouse
Total Posts: 3606

amlsml wrote:
cleaned a few of the tractors I have rebuilt or use regularly. Maybe like MF lens's I am drawn to things others tend to see as old and past their prime . These tractors are made in 1964, 65 and 1941!!! Still work as new, the 64 has been totally rebuilt, painted and massaged. First time photographed with a MF 50 1.8 tho!

Those tractors are awesome and well preserved. However, that GTO is just amazing! I cant imagine what it is like to drive a car like that. Must be a lot of fun!

1       2       3              3048      
       3050              3799       3800       end