Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3047

1       2       3              3047      
       3049              4321       4322       end

MarkdV
Total Posts: 751

Amazing leaf view Jose,

Americo, like the doll shot.

Duahau, very nice with the 200mm, very nicely composed and sharp rendering from that lens.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the last batch of shots from Quiberon.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9494

DTOB wrote:
RM, I love my Thinktank Retrospective 30. It isn't nearly as big as some of the photos online make it out to be, and it doesn't scream "camera bag". There are a couple sizes too. It's got some very cool features, my favorite being the velcro tabs that can be silenced so that you can open the bag like a ninja.

I can carry my D700, F3, each with lenses mounted, a speedlight, my x100s, and a couple extra lenses. I am really only limited by weight, which can become a bit of a burden, especially in foreign cities when I might be hours removed from my hotel room.

I usually keep my F3 + 28/2 + 55/1.2 + 16/3.5 + x100s + a bunch of film and a couple extra batteries. Or I'll swap out the x100s for my D700. Very comfortable and it's tall enough that you can change your lenses in the bag if you are in less than savory locals. If you like I can post a photo of it loaded.

I'll second the Thinktank, although I use the 10 instead of the 30. They are literally built like a tank. My second choice would be the Tamrac Pro 12.

leighton w

duahau02 wrote:
DamSen8 by trghieu2002, on Flickr

Nikkor 200 f4 AI

Welcome! We're glad you chose your first post on FM to be with us. The image is very nice, although I like even more viewing it on your flickr page. I believe you're the first poster on our thread from Vietnam. A very exotic country and full of exciting photo opportunities. Post more.

raboof
Total Posts: 1515

CGrindahl wrote:
Chuong, since you have a tendency to sell lenses from time to time, IF this has the AI conversion kit and you decide to sell it let me know. I really don't need this lens but I have a disease...

Looks like it works...

Curtis - It has the AI ring. I only keep the lenses I really like (more than 5 so far). This one might stay I will let you know. I thought you have this one already.

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4852

duahau02 wrote:

Nikkor 200 f4 AI

Gorgeous color!

leighton w

MarkdV wrote:
Amazing leaf view Jose,

Americo, like the doll shot.

Duahau, very nice with the 200mm, very nicely composed and sharp rendering from that lens.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the last batch of shots from Quiberon.

Mark, I sent you a PM.

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4852

leighton w wrote:
DTOB wrote:
RM, I love my Thinktank Retrospective 30. It isn't nearly as big as some of the photos online make it out to be, and it doesn't scream "camera bag". There are a couple sizes too. It's got some very cool features, my favorite being the velcro tabs that can be silenced so that you can open the bag like a ninja.

I can carry my D700, F3, each with lenses mounted, a speedlight, my x100s, and a couple extra lenses. I am really only limited by weight, which can become a bit of a burden, especially in foreign cities when I might be hours removed from my hotel room.

I usually keep my F3 + 28/2 + 55/1.2 + 16/3.5 + x100s + a bunch of film and a couple extra batteries. Or I'll swap out the x100s for my D700. Very comfortable and it's tall enough that you can change your lenses in the bag if you are in less than savory locals. If you like I can post a photo of it loaded.

I'll second the Thinktank, although I use the 10 instead of the 30. They are literally built like a tank. My second choice would be the Tamrac Pro 12.

I'll keep an eye out for this one too. Thanks!

asaya
Total Posts: 195

Love the tractors and the GTO, we use a 8N Ford for brush hogging, and I have a old Cleatrac that is all there just needs to be rebuilt which I know nothing about. My son in law and his father are going to give it a try

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13195

asaya wrote:
Love the tractors and the GTO, we use a 8N Ford for brush hogging, and I have a old Cleatrac that is all there just needs to be rebuilt which I know nothing about. My son in law and his father are going to give it a try

I see some MF Nikkors in your kit Tony... You've found this thread so there is NO excuse not to post a few photos and join the conversation. You're more than welcome. Leighton will be very happy as well since you have a tractor and actually use it. He is our resident farmer... though his wife Barbara does most of the work...

asaya
Total Posts: 195

I intend on doing just that I retired from work so no excuses, thanks for the invite

CGrindahl

duahau02 wrote:

Nikkor 200 f4 AI

Welcome to the thread. We're very honored that you chose to make your first post on this thread. The image you offer is gorgeous, taken with a lens that is surely a little gem, certainly great value for the money now being charged for it. I'd encourage you to include your first name and list of your gear in your profile so we can get to know you better. Thanks for finding us.

CGrindahl

asaya wrote:
I intend on doing just that I retired from work so no excuses, thanks for the invite

There are a few of us old duffers on this thread. Peter lives in South Africa and I live in the San Francisco Bay area. As my boss often said "old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill..." We have quite a bit of youth and a great amount of skill on this thread, so I need every advantage I can get.

Glad you found us. You'll discover this is a very friendly lot who post some truly inspiring work. Hang around here and you can only become a better photographer. And you got here just a month before our third anniversary. Have fun!

duahau02
Total Posts: 24

CGrindahl wrote:

Welcome to the thread. We're very honored that you chose to make your first post on this thread. The image you offer is gorgeous, taken with a lens that is surely a little gem, certainly great value for the money now being charged for it. I'd encourage you to include your first name and list of your gear in your profile so we can get to know you better. Thanks for finding us.

Thanks for your encouragement , My gear consists of : D300s and Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 + 35f2D + 105f2.5 AIs + 200f4 AI + 43-86f3.5 AI + Manfrotto 190XProB + Nissin866 MII

Lisianthus - 105 f2.5 AIS

Lisianthus by trghieu2002, on Flickr

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3006

duahau02 wrote:

Nikkor 200 f4 AI

What a gorgeous shot! I took a pic of a similar lily, but it was nowhere near as nice as this. Welcome to the addiction.

kwoodard

Here are some shots from my first attempt at Street Photography. C&C welcomed. All shots taken with the 28/3.5 and my trusty D7000. Many shots were taken from the hip, just prefocused and using the DOF range markers on the lens.

_DSC8917 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

_DSC8926 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Next shots are from inside this awesome little hidden record store...

_DSC8961 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

_DSC8954 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

One extra to wrap the set. My wife was excited she found Van Morrison...

_DSC8962 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Zichar
Total Posts: 3561

Nice series, #1 is fantastic, love the desaturated look.
Oh RMCF, I remember visiting in Durango

mp356
Total Posts: 4357

leighton w wrote:
duahau02 wrote:

Nikkor 200 f4 AI

Welcome! We're glad you chose your first post on FM to be with us. The image is very nice, although I like even more viewing it on your flickr page. I believe you're the first poster on our thread from Vietnam. A very exotic country and full of exciting photo opportunities. Post more.

+1. Welcome aboard. Lovely image.

DTOB
Total Posts: 1359

kwoodard wrote:

Next shots are from inside this awesome little hidden record store...

_DSC8954 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Oh my. This one. Is amazing.

I'm not big on the super desaturated look. For me it is either full blown colour, a SLIGHT desat, or contrasty B+W.

*edit* Did you crop the sides or the top/bottom? I dig the square look, but I wonder what some more records to the left and right might do to the composition.

Also, is he eating?

mp356
Total Posts: 4357

raboof wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Chuong, since you have a tendency to sell lenses from time to time, IF this has the AI conversion kit and you decide to sell it let me know. I really don't need this lens but I have a disease...

Looks like it works...

Curtis - It has the AI ring. I only keep the lenses I really like (more than 5 so far). This one might stay I will let you know. I thought you have this one already.

Chuong, didn't you know that Curtis is collecting not just every model of lens, but also all the ones with even serial numbers. Once he has all those, then he will collect the odd numbered ones.

kwoodard

Some more shots with the 28/3.5. It may not be as fast as my 28/2.8, but I love how it renders color.

_DSC8933 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

I love my family, they are so crazy.

_DSC8940 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Focus point was the label. This shot is wide open @ 3.5.

_DSC8929 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

My favorite of the set.

_DSC8972 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

1       2       3              3047      
       3049              4321       4322       end