Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3020

1       2       3              3020      
       3022              5890       5891       end

rankamateur
Total Posts: 877

the solitaire wrote:
Curtis, thatŽs one sweet piece of glass. A bit bigger then IŽd like in my set of MF lenses but very nice nonetheless.

Does anyone know if the 105mm f2.5 works with a PN-11? The PN-11 is intended for use with the 105 micro Nikkor so I guess soem magnification should be possible. I also own a PK-13 which I might try.

I used the PN-11 with the 105 2.5 AI lens and the 105 F4 Micro lens. I found the 105 2.5 to be better than the Micro lens and that is why the F4 found a new home.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Sorry to tempt you Leighton...

The lens...

You're KILLING me!!! This is such a gorgeous lens. And the images you took with it are wonderful, especially the boy eating ice cream.

Let's see, I'll give you a 24mm f2.8, 80-200 f4.5, 55mm f2.8 and a 50-135mm f3.5 for it.

Sadly, Leighton I already own the lenses you mention so...

Shooting with the lens for awhile can be challenging. It is a very heavy piece of glass in a relatively small form. Of course, I carried a couple of dozen boxes up a flight of stairs earlier in the day and was a bit tired when i finally got out shooting, so that may have contributed to the muscle aches I have this morning. Sue better find a permanent home soon because I'm getting to be too old to carry heavy objects...

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Sorry to tempt you Leighton...

The lens...

You're KILLING me!!! This is such a gorgeous lens. And the images you took with it are wonderful, especially the boy eating ice cream.

Let's see, I'll give you a 24mm f2.8, 80-200 f4.5, 55mm f2.8 and a 50-135mm f3.5 for it.

Sadly, Leighton I already own the lenses you mention so...

Shooting with the lens for awhile can be challenging. It is a very heavy piece of glass in a relatively small form. Of course, I carried a couple of dozen boxes up a flight of stairs earlier in the day and was a bit tired when i finally got out shooting, so that may have contributed to the muscle aches I have this morning. Sue better find a permanent home soon because I'm getting to be too old to carry heavy objects...

Just take some vitamin i, and you'll feel better in a couple of hours.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4683

CGrindahl wrote:
I find the PK-13 or the Vivitar 20mm tube ideal for the 105 f/2.5 but there is nothing to stop you from using the PN-11. It will require you to be closer to your subject meaning you'll likely focus on details rather than the whole. I find shooting with tubes to be like a dance in which I'm continually exploring. The only way to learn the combinations that work for you to to try out different combinations. If you haven't already done so you might want to check out the other thread I started that continues to be active...Shooting with Tubes. You'll find Kevin and Ronny keeping that thread alive. Ronny uses the 20mm Vivitar with both the 135 f/2 and 180 f/2.8. I don't put myself out as an expert on this subject, but I've certainly enjoyed learning to play with tubes. I started with the 105 f/2.5. Have fun Buddy.

I love shooting with tubes, mainly because I love Macro work more than anything. I have the full Vivitar set, plus a PK-13. I can get almost 100mm of extension with my set. Granted, I haven't shot with the full set, the Vivitars aren't as tight of tolerances as the Nikons, but I have a project in mind that will use them all (and maybe even my two M2 tubes; that would give me about 155mm of tubes) and my newly repaired speedlight and some flower stamen. I am guesstimating about 7+:1 magnification if I can pull it off. (and if I can get the whole set supported, I might even throw some of my long lenses on there like my 400mm or 500mm)

Zichar
Total Posts: 3760

Thanks for the comments, some days the thread just moves so fast. I get a peek on my way home on the bus but the smartphone, for all its praise and glory, simply cannot capture the wonder of seeing the images on the screen. Sometimes I sit back and go through the same, and they look so different, always better. I loved your series Jeff, myself with a penchant for long exposures of silky waters.

>>

Look what you made me do Mr Mouse!
On the flip side, Amazon sent me a roll of Velvia 100 instead of the Provia 400X I ordered. Ughhhhh

chingachgook by Zichar, on Flickr

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

A few shots that I thought were extraordinary over the past few days

Leighton this one is terrific

Ronny they just get better and better

Jeff this is wonderful

Georg simply outstanding

Scott great shots but this one ++++

Rafael nicely done

Curtis I really love the shot. The processing is amazing

Kevin very nice

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3777

The Trient glacier, 28/2.8 ais :

leighton w

MDoc9523 wrote:
A few shots that I thought were extraordinary over the past few days

Leighton this one is terrific

Thank you Ray! It means a lot.

the solitaire
Total Posts: 2120

Today I took some time playing around with the 28mm f2.8 Ai

I really love this lens on a crop sensor camera!

No time for PP at the moment but IŽll have to remove that nasty reflection. Still, for shooting straight into the sun this lens does an awesome job IMO

At the risk of spamming this thread with pictures hereŽs some pictures I made today during renovations.

All with the D300 and 28 f2.8 Ai at either f4 or f2.8

leighton w

the solitaire wrote:

No time for PP at the moment but IŽll have to remove that nasty reflection. Still, for shooting straight into the sun this lens does an awesome job IMO

Very nice Buddy. I know Scott loves this lens on his D7000.

kwoodard

leighton w wrote:
the solitaire wrote:

I love that focal length on my D7000 too.

MDoc9523

kwoodard wrote:
leighton w wrote:
the solitaire wrote:

I loved my 24mm 2.8 on the D7000 which gives a FOV of 37mm full frame. That may be why I love my 35mm 1.4 so much on the D600. Although the 28mm gives a 42mm fov I can understand why you like it Kevin

leighton w

the solitaire wrote:

leighton w wrote:

kwoodard wrote:

MDoc9523 wrote:
I loved my 24mm 2.8 on the D7000 which gives a FOV of 37mm full frame. That may be why I love my 35mm 1.4 so much on the D600. Although the 28mm gives a 42mm fov I can understand why you like it Kevin

Ray, did you use and like the 35/1.4 on your D7000?

rattymouse
Total Posts: 7430

Zichar wrote:
Thanks for the comments, some days the thread just moves so fast. I get a peek on my way home on the bus but the smartphone, for all its praise and glory, simply cannot capture the wonder of seeing the images on the screen. Sometimes I sit back and go through the same, and they look so different, always better. I loved your series Jeff, myself with a penchant for long exposures of silky waters.

>>

Look what you made me do Mr Mouse!
On the flip side, Amazon sent me a roll of Velvia 100 instead of the Provia 400X I ordered. Ughhhhh

Very interesting. Shooting the Provia box in b and w sure looks unique. Well done. Amazon should let you keep the Velvia box for their mistake!

rattymouse
Total Posts: 7430

Lieutenant Z wrote:
The Trient glacier, 28/2.8 ais :

Wonderful framing....and those people blend in so well that they are almost hidden! Like an easter egg to look for.

MDoc9523

leighton w wrote:
the solitaire wrote:

leighton w wrote:

kwoodard wrote:

MDoc9523 wrote:

Yes I did Leighton and the photos had a rather rich color and nice contrast

leighton w

MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
the solitaire wrote:

leighton w wrote:

kwoodard wrote:

MDoc9523 wrote:

Very nice Ray. I had a 35mm f1.8 with my D7000, but it was the G lens. I liked using that FL on a crop sensor.

kwoodard

leighton w wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
the solitaire wrote:

leighton w wrote:

kwoodard wrote:

MDoc9523 wrote:

Very nice Ray. I had a 35mm f1.8 with my D7000, but it was the G lens. I liked using that FL on a crop sensor.
Behaves like a regular 50 on Dx.

anthonysemone
Total Posts: 5366

Certainly not the usual picture, but I thought I'd re-enter the MF thread with a picture of my 13 y.o. grandson at my local range. Passing along this tradition to him from my Dad and, especially my DI at Parris Island. My goal for this lesson with him was "safety," so notice his trigger finger position.

kwoodard

anthonysemone wrote:
Certainly not the usual picture, but I thought I'd re-enter the MF thread with a picture of my 13 y.o. grandson at my local range. Passing along this tradition to him from my Dad and, especially my DI at Parris Island. My goal for this lesson with him was "safety," so notice his trigger finger position.

Good form, needs to lean into it a bit more. Also good that he is respecting the weapon even unloaded. I would be more worried about what looks like either a bullet hole or ricochet in the wood below his arm. Would hate to have been standing there when that happened.

1       2       3              3020      
       3022              5890       5891       end