1       2       3              3013      
       3015              5887       5888       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

georgms wrote:
Here is my #402xxx-copy of the 35/1.4, lacking any improvements:

portrait of my favorite MF-Nikkor von georgsfoto auf Flickr
Love this thing ;-)

I think you've "loved this thing" to death!

As far as you second ship perspective goes, I rather like it, with the vignette it looks like the view from a telescope.

leighton w

jhinkey wrote:
One more from the Katwalk - that's me half-way across.

Very nice, adding the human form adds perspective. Do you know why this trail was built?

leighton w

Zichar wrote:
Love the crescent just peeking out from between the buildings. Very nice Wilfred!

+1

leighton w

rattymouse wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
I was waiting outside the apartment complex where Sue's new home is located, waiting to meet the person with the keys so I could put down her deposit. With camera in hand, in never hurts to look up...

Shot with the 24 f/2.8 N.C. and converted in Silver Efex Pro 2... something many of us have been doing of later...

Hunter Hall at the San Francisco Theological Seminary... available for renters from outside the college for the first time...

Fabulous....I love images with symmetry.

I totally agree with RM. And the processing was spot on.

leighton w

StonePhotog wrote:
Having said that, here are a few snaps from a walk around the Inner Harbor in Baltimore last week. These were all taken with the 180 f2.8.

I like this one Jay. I remember going to Baltimore as a kid to visit my grandparents. I always looked forward to going through the harbor tunnel.

rattymouse
Total Posts: 7430

Sunrise out my balcony window. Shot with my 50mm f/1.2 AIS lens on Kodak Ektar film.

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 9308

Some test shots with the V1 and 300mm f/2.8

NightOwl Cat

Nicely done!

ytwong wrote:
D600 + AIS 180/2.8 ED
20130809_DSC_0567 by Wilfred.Y.Wong, on Flickr

NightOwl Cat

wow, I'm so far behind here, most of you have done some wonderful images, too many to keep track of. recovering from an aftereffect of anesthesia, which makes my muscles ache if I sit too long.

rattymouse

The B-29 is too wide to fit in the frame. I love it!!

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

ytwong wrote:
D600 + AIS 180/2.8 ED
20130809_DSC_0567 by Wilfred.Y.Wong, on Flickr

This is an awesome image! I love it. And yes, the 180 really can do no wrong. I'd say it is probably the best value for money among these wonderful old Nikkors because it can do so many things so well. You've really taken advantage of its strength with tightly composed frame loaded with detail sharply rendered. It doesn't get better than this.

leighton w

RM - The sunrise is nice, did you have a filter on the lens?

Laura - I like the heat waves in the airliner image.

leighton w

Seems as if the 105 is stuck on my camera, I must pry it off today!

105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

rattymouse

leighton w wrote:
RM - The sunrise is nice, did you have a filter on the lens?

Laura - I like the heat waves in the airliner image.

Thank you. Nope, no filter used. I do not own any filters!

rattymouse

leighton w wrote:
Seems as if the 105 is stuck on my camera, I must pry it off today!

No need. It is doing very well.

CGrindahl

rattymouse wrote:
Sunrise out my balcony window. Shot with my 50mm f/1.2 AIS lens on Kodak Ektar film.

I love it Tom. I see this as well as the many photos Jose has shot from his home high in the air and I marvel at living in such an environment. I think I lived in a third floor apartment for a short while in my twenties but for most of my life I've been very close to the ground. The cottage I've lived in for the last 23 years doesn't even have a foundation... it is built on a concrete slab on the ground. (Florida style... ) Of course, I don't get vistas like this unless I go hiking, which seldom happens at either sunrise or sunset.

Urban living... a very different beast...

leighton w

Why are you up so early Curtis?

CGrindahl

Lovely image Leighton... gorgeous light. Georg made the comment about mid-range telephoto lenses suiting your style. 85 to 135 is where I feel most at home, though I've definitely enjoyed other lenses from time to time. But as with the musician shots I posted recently and quite a bit of your work at the market, the longer lenses pulls us into the scene more. That is probably why you take so much pleasure from the 50-135 f/3.5 that gives you great flexibility in working with a market scene. But yes, the 105 in all its iterations is great for isolating and rendering a scene. I think I'll take the 135 f/2 and 105 f/1.8 with me when I shoot at today's concert... that is if I'm not up to my elbows in boxes on their way to Sue's new home...

rattymouse

CGrindahl wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

I love it Tom. I see this as well as the many photos Jose has shot from his home high in the air and I marvel at living in such an environment. I think I lived in a third floor apartment for a short while in my twenties but for most of my life I've been very close to the ground. The cottage I've lived in for the last 23 years doesn't even have a foundation... it is built on a concrete slab on the ground. (Florida style... ) Of course, I don't get vistas like this unless I go hiking, which seldom happens at either sunrise or sunset.

Urban living... a very different beast...

Glad you liked it. I hate the boring view out my window. If I looked out east I would see the city of Shanghai. But instead I have a western view which looks out to the suburbs. Not much to look at, except on days when the sunrise is beautiful, which is at best 20% of the time. Back in Chicago we have a townhouse so no view at all. A few houses before that we had a 16th floor apartment that looked into Wrigley Field in Chicago. That was a nice view, again westerly which gave great sunsets.

Leighton asked if I used a filter (I didnt) but I need to get an orange and yellow one for sunrises when I shoot black and white. I am curious to see the results.

CGrindahl

leighton w wrote:
Why are you up so early Curtis?

I ask myself the same question...

I stumbled into bed last night a bit after 10 p.m., which is about two hours before my regular bed time. And 7 hours seems about it for me now, so 5:15 I was up making coffee, knowing full well I'd encounter you since Sunday morning is your time to haunt the thread...

Sue conked out about six p.m. last night but I don't want to call her on the off chance she is still sleeping after her three day adventure trying to get back to California.

1       2       3              3013      
       3015              5887       5888       end