Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/3012

1       2       3              3012      
       3014              5890       5891       end

StonePhotog
Total Posts: 134

Having said that, here are a few snaps from a walk around the Inner Harbor in Baltimore last week. These were all taken with the 180 f2.8.

philipj
Total Posts: 885

Georg, I love both version of the steamship photo, but is the vignette in the 2nd version natural or added in post (the asymmetry is very high)? If post, I wonder what it looks like without?

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

I'm with Philip Georg, I love both of those photos. Nice to have you back from your holiday and sharing your work with us once again. I always enjoy your photos.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

I was waiting outside the apartment complex where Sue's new home is located, waiting to meet the person with the keys so I could put down her deposit. With camera in hand, in never hurts to look up...

Shot with the 24 f/2.8 N.C. and converted in Silver Efex Pro 2... something many of us have been doing of later...

Hunter Hall at the San Francisco Theological Seminary... available for renters from outside the college for the first time...

drlouis
Total Posts: 43

kwoodard wrote:
Just wanted to share some good news with my friends... When the economy went south a bunch of years ago, I lost my job. I was out of work for a very long time (years) but was able to land a few temporary contractor type jobs to get by. I got a call today that I was offered a full time position working at a different college than I am at currently. I have to deal with traffic now, but it is a SUBSTANTIAL bump in pay and responsibility. I am so excited and grateful that I just had to share with my friends here.
congratulations!! I recently changed jobs for more money, less responsibility and better work conditions myself.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2487

This one is your fault for making me take out the 35 1.4, contributors were a sunset, a statue, 2 Oz of Reposado, and capture NX2.

This is at 1.4

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 at 1.4 D800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2236

a.Rollei.Brujo666 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

ytwong
Total Posts: 1619

D600 + AIS 180/2.8 ED
20130809_DSC_0567 by Wilfred.Y.Wong, on Flickr

rafaelcasd

ytwong wrote:
D600 + AIS 180/2.8 ED
]

Very nice Wilfred. real sharp too.
Rafael

rafaelcasd

a.RodriguezPix wrote:

The soul you want to capture is your own, this is just plastic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arodriguezpixl/9483312686/

Zichar
Total Posts: 3761

Love the crescent just peeking out from between the buildings. Very nice Wilfred!

rattymouse
Total Posts: 7430

georgms wrote:
Tom, thanks! Here is an alternative take on the old steam-ship. I prefer the first version.
I could shoot stuff like this for days, unfortunately other vessels were messing up the clean back- and foreground.

Outstanding image! I like the original processing much better. Put these two together and any others and you have a VERY nice series, worthy of display! I like these a lot.

rattymouse

StonePhotog wrote:
Having said that, here are a few snaps from a walk around the Inner Harbor in Baltimore last week. These were all taken with the 180 f2.8.

Both of these images have serious 3D pop. Very impressive for sure.

rattymouse

CGrindahl wrote:

Kit building is forever Tom, so relax and enjoy the journey...

Thanks for chiming in Curtis (and glad your wife made it back from her horrible airline trip. Funny, I have flow hundreds of thousands of miles and have not had a trip as bad as hers!)

The 35mm f/1.4 lens that I handled is in great shape, and priced fairly I think. So was the 135 f/2 lens. I'm not sure how much I'd use the 135, but it sure felt sweet in my hands. The dealer was willing to give me about $40 off if I bought both of them. Not a huge enough discount for me to pull the trigger. One thing I was not clear on is do these lenses with the built in hoods have a lock on the hood? I pulled out the hood, but did not see a way to lock it so that it would not fall back.

But to complicate this decision is another kit building exercise. This dealer has a Mamiya 7 rangefinder camera with a whole set of lenses at a VERY reasonable price. I am dying to get a 6 x 7 or larger camera to make huge negatives. Sooooooo tempting. I am at a quandary and not sure what to do. No one can answer it but me and I am stuck right now.

I have a LOT of thinking to do.

rattymouse

CGrindahl wrote:
I was waiting outside the apartment complex where Sue's new home is located, waiting to meet the person with the keys so I could put down her deposit. With camera in hand, in never hurts to look up...

Shot with the 24 f/2.8 N.C. and converted in Silver Efex Pro 2... something many of us have been doing of later...

Hunter Hall at the San Francisco Theological Seminary... available for renters from outside the college for the first time...

Fabulous....I love images with symmetry.

rattymouse

ytwong wrote:
D600 + AIS 180/2.8 ED
20130809_DSC_0567 by Wilfred.Y.Wong, on Flickr

GORGEOUS Hong Kong shot! Outstanding.

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2236

rafaelcasd wrote:
a.RodriguezPix wrote:

The soul you want to capture is your own, this is just plastic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arodriguezpixl/9483312686/

I suppose I could explain the concept of camera obscura and its relation to souls, but I think that would make me sound pompous?

I do appreciate the explanation of what consists of polymers, and what does not, however, unlike plastic, I am not semi synthetic, nor do I intend to be in the past, present or far future, i just shoot stuff I like bro., don't you? I should also say that like my Mesoamerican ancestors, I may have a thing for death, who knows, surely I do not? I am not an Atheist, nor do I completely believe in any one God, especially one that was brought to, and forced upon my ancestors, but hey, I am in America, and my daughter did get, and beat cancer, so any God is good! Weren't the ancients God fearing, even if they worshiped their respectable one's? This is photography still right, and not some seminary? Did I jump the gun, and assume you meant this, by your post, or? Ok, back to photography, I am for making peace, friends, and not enemies, so happy photography! -americo.Salazar

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/487168/Quetzalcoatl

http://phoenixandturtle.net/excerptmill/carrasco.htm

http://books.google.com/books/about/Religions_of_Mesoamerica.html?id=wscRAQAAIAAJ

<----- the edited version add ons -------------

---- Nature morte au crane ----<-------------

http://www.vggallery.com/painting/p_0212.htm

http://www.vggallery.com/drawings/p_1361.htm -------

------- http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/cezanne/sl/ -------->

"In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing."

Vincent van Gogh
Letter 136
24 September 1880 ---------------->

the solitaire
Total Posts: 2122

@Wilfred, thatīs an awesome capture. I love the color and contrast in the shot and the sharpness is spot on!

@Tom, medium format is just sweet. You canīt go wrong with most of the lenses made for medium format. I have never found a "bad" one. Most of them are so incredibly sharp that if you were to do your own processing you would already see the difference to smallfilm sharpness glancing over the negatives.

I owned a waistfinder 6x6 camera for many years and enjoyed using it a lot. The cost of film and processing eventually made me decide to bin it and use film only in my FM and FM2 cameras. A rangefinder 6x7 would be really sweet for the kind of photography you prefer. As far as medium format cameras go I always dreamed of owning Pentax 6x7 II with a wide angle lens. Managed to borrow one a few times.

Iīm also struggling with the choice of a manual format tele prime. After a lot of consideration I came to the conclusion that 200 and 180mm lenses are just a bit too long for my MF needs, and if I need anything in the 180-200 range Iīll just bring the 80-200 Ai-S.

Iīm now torn up having to chose between 105 and 135mm, and Iīm not sure if I really need f1.8 or f2, or if I should pick up the 105 f2.5 or the 135 f2.8 instead. Choices, choices...

rattymouse

the solitaire wrote:

@Tom, medium format is just sweet. You canīt go wrong with most of the lenses made for medium format. I have never found a "bad" one. Most of them are so incredibly sharp that if you were to do your own processing you would already see the difference to smallfilm sharpness glancing over the negatives.

I owned a waistfinder 6x6 camera for many years and enjoyed using it a lot. The cost of film and processing eventually made me decide to bin it and use film only in my FM and FM2 cameras. A rangefinder 6x7 would be really sweet for the kind of photography you prefer. As far as medium format cameras go I always dreamed of owning Pentax 6x7 II with a wide angle lens. Managed to borrow one a few times.

The lenses made for the Mamiya 7 are considered some of THE sharpest lenses made, ever. I've never heard a poor word said about them. So it is a compelling camera to me. I dream of making 6 x 7 color slides. I just can't imagine how wonderful those would look!

I'd like a Pentax 67, but that camera is just a beast. The mirror slap on that camera is legendary and not something I would like to deal with. But many can make it work and the lenses are considered quite good.

ytwong
Total Posts: 1619

Thanks guys, it isn't that difficult to get a sharp picture with the 180mm (which is quite cheap since I got a used one).

Gotta say the moon runs quickly.

1       2       3              3012      
       3014              5890       5891       end