Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2997

1       2       3              2997      
2998
       2999              5886       5887       end

CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

Leighton, great shot. I love the image and the conversion. If only Monty knew how much his BW work influenced us all... Of course, Google making the suite available at such a fine price has certainly helped. I'm not finding much beyond flowers that call out for color presentation. I'm having too much fun with SEP...



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
One of you two buy it, then rent it to me for 10 bucks a year!


We probably could have worked it out in bacon... But you don't raise hogs do you...



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
Leighton, great shot. I love the image and the conversion. If only Monty knew how much his BW work influenced us all... Of course, Google making the suite available at such a fine price has certainly helped. I'm not finding much beyond flowers that call out for color presentation. I'm having too much fun with SEP...


Thanks Ray and Curtis. One of these days I'm going to have to buy NIK.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
One of you two buy it, then rent it to me for 10 bucks a year!


We probably could have worked it out in bacon... But you don't raise hogs do you...


Nope, don't raise hogs anymore, maybe we can work something out in lamb sausage.



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Leighton, great shot. I love the image and the conversion. If only Monty knew how much his BW work influenced us all... Of course, Google making the suite available at such a fine price has certainly helped. I'm not finding much beyond flowers that call out for color presentation. I'm having too much fun with SEP...


Thanks Ray and Curtis. One of these days I'm going to have to buy NIK.


Charge it as a business expense Leighton... And make certain to look for the 15% off coupon... I think you would enjoy playing with it...



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
One of you two buy it, then rent it to me for 10 bucks a year!


We probably could have worked it out in bacon... But you don't raise hogs do you...


Nope, don't raise hogs anymore, maybe we can work something out in lamb sausage.


You mean made with those sweet fluffy little lambs...



DTOB
Registered: Oct 07, 2010
Total Posts: 1359
Country: Canada

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
One of you two buy it, then rent it to me for 10 bucks a year!


We probably could have worked it out in bacon... But you don't raise hogs do you...


We don't dig on swine in our household. I've come to find you can make bacon out of all sorts of animals. We've got some beef bacon in the freezer, my favorite is bison.

Leighton, you got any Muslims in your neck of the woods? Might be an opportunity there for ya.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
One of you two buy it, then rent it to me for 10 bucks a year!


We probably could have worked it out in bacon... But you don't raise hogs do you...


Nope, don't raise hogs anymore, maybe we can work something out in lamb sausage.


You mean made with those sweet fluffy little lambs...


By the time those fluffy little lambs go to the butcher, they're big and nasty!



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12616
Country: United States

DTOB wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
One of you two buy it, then rent it to me for 10 bucks a year!


We probably could have worked it out in bacon... But you don't raise hogs do you...


We don't dig on swine in our household. I've come to find you can make bacon out of all sorts of animals. We've got some beef bacon in the freezer, my favorite is bison.

Leighton, you got any Muslims in your neck of the woods? Might be an opportunity there for ya.


Not too many Muslims, but we do alright at the market with them. We usually go through 20 lambs a year just selling cuts. In fact, we just had a guy special order two rib roasts, an easy 100 bucks!



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 4677
Country: United States

designdog wrote:
Didn't I see an 85 1/4 AI-s for sale here by one of the members, a few days ago? In great condition, as I recall.

Just looked for it and am coming up empty. Anyone know something?

Thanks.

Americo is selling his. a.RodriguezPix is his screen name.



asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 3287
Country: Brazil

During the "pollinators session" I experimented with my modified TC16A + 600/5.6; but I was not happy with the results.
Probably my fault and/or lack of skill with the combo, since 90% of the shots were not perfectly focused
I need to experiment and learn more, since Peter B posted some killer race car shots using the 600/4 + this modified TC16A.


This was one of the only decent shots I got:


Swallow-tailed Hummingbird perched on the inflorescence of Aechmea bromeliifolia by labecoaves, on Flickr

Swallow-tailed Hummingbird perched on the inflorescence of Aechmea bromeliifolia, under light rain. Some pollen is visible in the bill.
D600 + modified TC16A + Nikkor 600mm f/5.6 AI-S EDIF + tripod, ISO 800, f/12.8 at 1/80s, ~30% cropped.
The wrong exif is from the modified TC16A chip; the right specifications are 960mm f/9.



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
One of you two buy it, then rent it to me for 10 bucks a year!


We probably could have worked it out in bacon... But you don't raise hogs do you...


Nope, don't raise hogs anymore, maybe we can work something out in lamb sausage.


You mean made with those sweet fluffy little lambs...


By the time those fluffy little lambs go to the butcher, they're big and nasty!


I knew you'd say that Leighton... I couldn't resist, however. I appreciate that you are in a business that feeds your neighbors. Most of us buy packaged food from the grocery store and have little interest in looking too closely at how that food gets there, especially that which involves butchering... But you understand the nature of it all... Important work you do.



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

I've heard back from two of the performers I shot last Sunday. They are very happy with the photos I shared with them. Here are two more I processed a few moments ago... shot with the 135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI'd and processed in Silver Efex Pro 2.



The last email was from the mandolin player who said he opened the email with my photos with his five year old grandson looking over his shoulder. The boy was very impressed... I love it!



agentbird
Registered: Aug 17, 2008
Total Posts: 699
Country: Norway

Hi guys, sorry for not posting much lately, it's been a very busy year so far. Have lurked a bit thought But I've managed to snap a couple of pictures with my 45mm PC-E:




All shot on a D800E.



rattymouse
Registered: Feb 04, 2006
Total Posts: 7430
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Rural route 2.


Rural Route 2 105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr



Excellent shots these days with the 105mm f/2.5. You are creating an itch for me to get this lens!



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

Anton, your work still takes my breath away. Love the first two shots with their bizarre bokeh. The last shot is a delight as well but it seems quite pedestrian after seeing the other two, which bend my mind...



Jorge Torralba
Registered: May 16, 2007
Total Posts: 2924
Country: United States

Nikon 50mm f1.2 and F6













Jorge Torralba
Registered: May 16, 2007
Total Posts: 2924
Country: United States

And finally, 105mm 1.8 with the F6







D3S and 105mm 1.8









CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

This thread has been flying of late and I was curious about the other huge thread on FM, the Mustang Air to Air on the City, Street and Architecture thread. Folks who haven't checked out that thread should surely do so. There is some GREAT work appearing there. In fact, this is the second iteration of the thread which was put to pasture some time ago only to be reprised by these folks who love photography and airplane.

I did a quick check on how long it took each thread to add the most recent 10,000 posts... It definitely tells the story. It took that thread 300 days to add ten thousand posts while this thread took 156 days... Mmm. Rather takes ones breath away. A few days away from this thread and you're quickly VERY far behind... an average of 64 posts a day can add up.

The fact that the thing that brings us together is this collection of lenses means, of course, that the range of subjects and treatments pursued in wide ranging. To my mind that adds to the delight of this thread. We each have our own way of using these wonderful lenses, then sharing our work with one another... Two weeks from tomorrow and we arrive at the third anniversary of this thread. Amazing! Thanks everyone... what a great ride that is surely long from over...



Jorge Torralba
Registered: May 16, 2007
Total Posts: 2924
Country: United States

One more with the 105







1       2       3              2997      
2998
       2999              5886       5887       end