Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2997

1       2       3              2997      
       2999              4240       4241       end

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5086

jaredvanb wrote:
Here is another half decent shot that I scratched up from the archives so to speak...

Autumn River by jared.vanbergen, on Flickr

Really need to try and make some time to get out and take some more shots with this sweet little piece of glass...

Love this one Jared

MDoc9523

rafaelcasd wrote:
Another extreme, the 55 1,2 sc at 1,2 well focused at noon.

nikon nikkor 55 1.2 sc at 1.2 d800 San Diego casa del prado by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Love the architecture in this one

MDoc9523

Curtis this one really shines

John I love this one for sure!

Welcome Diallo! Nice shots especially this one

Mark the beach shot is terrific
Samy I love what you have been donging with these old lenses - NICE

mp356
Total Posts: 4286

jaredvanb wrote:
Went scratching around a bit in my photos and found this shot I took the day I received my 50mm f/1.8 Series E in the mail...

Which one do you guys prefer?

Pink Daisy Duo by jared.vanbergen, on Flickr

Really impressed with the sharpness this little lens has, even for a shot that is not in perfect focus.

Regards
Jared

Jared, I prefer the color version. Nicely done.

mp356

James Markus wrote:
50mm f1.2 ais @ f1.4

Wonderful James!

mp356

CGrindahl wrote:
Okay, Rafael... I'll see your one shot with the 55 and raise you three... All wide open.

]

Very nice Curtis.

mp356

jhinkey wrote:
And some more . . .

Who say's you can't take a candid portrait with a 400mm . . .

Also, tomorrow we go underground!

Nice work with the 400 John.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2881

I get to play with a Nikkor 200-600mm f/9.5-10.5. From what I have been able to find out, its a relatively rare lens, this is a first generation too. It's a Non-AI lens, but doesn't have an aperture ring...so it mounts OK. It looks like a bazooka. Hope to get some shots with it this weekend. Hope to get some shots of it this afternoon. Excited to try it, on my D7000 it has the same focal length and a little faster than my telescope (900mm).

mp356

Diallo_Jamal wrote:
I'd like to thank all who have contributed to this thread as well as those who started and maintained its early days, without this thread, I may have never discovered the joys of vintage glass.

I bought a 55 3.5 micro and 105 2.5p and have been absolutely delighted with their performance, and both have created as much excitement/engagement as the purchase of any modern glass.

DSC_8924 by Diallo Jamal, on Flickr 105 2.5p does well focused to infinity

DSC_9610 by Diallo Jamal, on Flickr 55mm 2.8 captures the building I work in on a bike parked outside

I've thoroughly enjoyed the lenses which I purchased for a song, and look forward to further exploration of Nikon's manual glass.

Welcome aboard Diallo. Nice series of images.
Scott

leighton w
Total Posts: 9286

kwoodard wrote:
I get to play with a Nikkor 200-600mm f/9.5-10.5. From what I have been able to find out, its a relatively rare lens, this is a first generation too. It's a Non-AI lens, but doesn't have an aperture ring...so it mounts OK. It looks like a bazooka. Hope to get some shots with it this weekend. Hope to get some shots of it this afternoon. Excited to try it, on my D7000 it has the same focal length and a little faster than my telescope (900mm).

Looking forward to seeing the results.

huddy
Total Posts: 1825

Wow, the thread is moving quickly... nearly 3000 pages!

Our little Malachi is nearly here so we took the opportunity to go take some maternity shots of Nikki.

Both with the D700 and 180/2.8 ED AI-S. To think that I toyed with selling that one... sheer madness. It is a desert island lens.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13091

Those are gorgeous Alan but then Nikki is gorgeous as well. Pregnancy becomes her... I get the sense young man that it is your intention to keep her that way as much as possible...

I'm concerned, however, about a teacher who is a SLOW LEARNER... It took you THIS long to realize the 180 f/2.8 AI-s is a desert island lens? I've been saying that for THREE years. I'm glad you've finally come to your senses.

Glad you stopped by one what is likely a very busy day for your family. Keep us informed about progress on the baby front.

kwoodard

I know a lot of you here know that I like to tinker. Well, I was given a lens that had a loose element inside as well as being well used. I spent about 5 hours on it over the span of a few days, took it down about 80% and cleaned all the elements, put a dab of lube on the outer helicoil, cleaned off all the fungus, and reassembled. Resetting infinite focus was a bear, hope I NEVER have to do that again...I am not even sure it is set right as it is, will have to check with a tripod when its not so windy. Also, one of the inner elements appears to have been glued to the metal mount its supposed to just sit in. I thought it was trapped water (the lens had been dunked for our amusement, shots are a couple dozen pages back) but after two days in direct sunlight and 110+ degree heat AND THEN in a closed baggie with a desiccant sack, no change.

So, without further adieu, here is a sample from its first outing (which was just to my patio).

Camera Nikon D7000
Exposure 0.04 sec (1/25)
Aperture f/8.0
Focal Length 28 mm
ISO Speed 400
Exposure Bias -2/3 EV

Nikkor-H.C. Auto 28/3.5 and a PK13 tube (so nearly 1:1)

_DSC8841 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Shots of the telescope will be later...

James Markus
Total Posts: 4419

Alan, congrats to you and Vicki.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2413

Welcome Diallo Great first set
Great shot Kevin
Great shot James
Great set samy

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

kwoodard

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Welcome Diallo Great first set
Great shot Kevin
Great shot James
Great set samy

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

This is awesome. Guessing a reflection in dual pane window?

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1404

Leaving for the Del Mar fair to photograph the Mexican Folk group. I have lived in San Diego since '86 and never to the fair, just don't like large crowds. But I have a commitment, the performer parking and pass they got me will help, I am not to stay at the fair for the fireworks, but will go to point loma to get the whole SD bay, there should be 4 or 5 barges along it. Hope it lasts more than 20 seconds this time.

This will be a D800 50-300mm ED on tripod day, focal length and quality for any circumstance , the D3 with the 55 1.2 SC fof anything else.

Here is a parting gift. 105 2.5 ais D3, probably posted in 2011. We were scratching archives right?

Marion_DSC2460 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

kwoodard

rafaelcasd wrote:
Leaving for the Del Mar fair to photograph the Mexican Folk group. I have lived in San Diego since '86 and never to the fair, just don't like large crowds. But I have a commitment, the performer parking and pass they got me will help, I am not to stay at the fair for the fireworks, but will go to point loma to get the whole SD bay, there should be 4 or 5 barges along it. Hope it lasts more than 20 seconds this time.

This will be a D800 50-300mm ED on tripod day, focal length and quality for any circumstance , the D3 with the 55 1.2 SC fof anything else.

Here is a parting gift. 105 2.5 ais D3, probably posted in 2011. We were scratching archives right?

Marion_DSC2460 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Love that intense look in her eye.

jaredvanb
Total Posts: 43

So... I finally made some time to go do some shooting this afternoon after work. Made a point of using my little piece of magic glass in order to become more acquainted with it. What a lovely few hours of shooting it turned out to be! Plenty of over and under exposures (D5100 not a fan of the older MF lenses and I do not have a external exposure meter thingy haha) but that is how one learns though, isn't it?

Here are the first few from the outing... Enjoy!

Smuts House Memorial Building by jared.vanbergen, on Flickr

Old Lamp by jared.vanbergen, on Flickr

Natural Bench by jared.vanbergen, on Flickr

Clay Boot by jared.vanbergen, on Flickr

I will post a couple more a little later on...

Regards
Jared

MarkdV
Total Posts: 717

Alan, stunning shots of Nikki, both well executed and a beautiful model. You've used the abilities of the 180mm very well there, very happy you kept it.

Kevin, awesome shot of the flower.

Ronny, great fly pic. It reminds me of someone (their work, not someone that looks like a fly) but I can't think who. I will have to get out the old books tonight.

Rafael, have a great time out and hopefully the fireworks go to plan today. Lovely teaser from 2011 first!

Jarad, great series and good to see someone doing well the real hard way with the exposure. You're lucky, I think in S.A. you'll have plenty of time the ol' "Sunny 16" rule holds true while here in Europe so far it's been the "find somewhere dry out of the rain" rule.

1       2       3              2997      
       2999              4240       4241       end