Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2996

1       2       3              2996      
2997
       2998              5890       5891       end

leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Anybody know what plant this is?


180/2.8 ED AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr


That is hair from one of your beasts... You can't kid a kidder...


I knew I couldn't get one over on you Curtis. It's dog hair on a bush next to a path they take.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Stokesey wrote:
I'm sure I don't need to share this but I thought what the heck.

Shows a seriously low depth of field on the 55mm Micro at f4

And it is also a bit of diffused lighting, maybe what Leighton was looking for.

Anyway it is what it is.

Steve







I personally like this better for the reason stated. The bokeh from the 55 has always pleased me. If it weren't for the color and contrast output of the 50/1.2 I would sell the 50 and keep the 55/2.8, it's that good. It's also very good at distance.


DTOB
Registered: Oct 07, 2010
Total Posts: 1359
Country: Canada

28/2 doesn't get a lot of love round these parts:


Sometimes, Sandwiches need baths. by DEETEEOHBEE, on Flickr



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Nice one Dylan.



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

Stokesey wrote:
Pure lens porn Ray

I am salivating over a few of those items.

I wonder if I should buy a gold FA ..........

Nice kit sir

Steve


Thank you Steve. The biggest advantage with the FA camera is that you can shoot in P, S, A, and M. It is the only Nikon that can do that and adds the bonus feature of matrix metering. It is a very capable camera. The gold version would be a real prize albeit a very expensive one



DTOB
Registered: Oct 07, 2010
Total Posts: 1359
Country: Canada

leighton w wrote:
Nice one Dylan.


Thanks Leighton. If we don't wash her from time to time our bed starts looking like that bush you posted.



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 4682
Country: United States

DTOB wrote:
28/2 doesn't get a lot of love round these parts:


Sometimes, Sandwiches need baths. by DEETEEOHBEE, on Flickr


I like this. Is the green lens flare or something on the cats mouth?



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 8410
Country: United States

Excellent price 16/3.5 just popped up on the B&S forum:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1232637



DTOB
Registered: Oct 07, 2010
Total Posts: 1359
Country: Canada

kwoodard wrote:
DTOB wrote:
28/2 doesn't get a lot of love round these parts:


I like this. Is the green lens flare or something on the cats mouth?



That would be flare. We get really strong sunlight coming through our windows in the afternoon.

Sandwich is very likeable.



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

jhinkey wrote:
Excellent price 16/3.5 just popped up on the B&S forum:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1232637


I'm so tempted to buy this lens, simply to make certain it "stays in the family." But I think I'll let the universe take care of the lens. It looks like a beauty and definitely is a fair price. Someone is going to be VERY happy...



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 8410
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
Excellent price 16/3.5 just popped up on the B&S forum:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1232637


I'm so tempted to buy this lens, simply to make certain it "stays in the family." But I think I'll let the universe take care of the lens. It looks like a beauty and definitely is a fair price. Someone is going to be VERY happy...


I don't really need three of them . . . . do I?

Actually, some one on this thread contacted me about the 16/3.5 and they were on the lookout for one - now's your chance!



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

One of you two buy it, then rent it to me for 10 bucks a year!



DTOB
Registered: Oct 07, 2010
Total Posts: 1359
Country: Canada

leighton w wrote:
One of you two buy it, then rent it to me for 10 bucks a year!


You've got 42.5 years left in you, right??



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

DTOB wrote:
leighton w wrote:
One of you two buy it, then rent it to me for 10 bucks a year!


You've got 42.5 years left in you, right??


I hope so!



designdog
Registered: Oct 05, 2004
Total Posts: 228
Country: United States

Didn't I see an 85 1/4 AI-s for sale here by one of the members, a few days ago? In great condition, as I recall.

Just looked for it and am coming up empty. Anyone know something?

Thanks.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Rural route 2.


Rural Route 2 105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

I really like this one Leighton. Very nice B&W



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

designdog wrote:
Didn't I see an 85 1/4 AI-s for sale here by one of the members, a few days ago? In great condition, as I recall.

Just looked for it and am coming up empty. Anyone know something?

Thanks.


http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1230245/0#11726478



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

I'm in contact with Ronny about the 16mm lens. He's interested and I offered to facilitate the transaction if the seller doesn't want to deal with customs and currency conversion. I've done it before for a few folks on this thread and am happy to play my part in spending other people's money... Even if I have to spend some of my own to make it happen...



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

Ray... wonderful kit you've put together and great service in helping other's to build their own... THIS is what friends are for...



1       2       3              2996      
2997
       2998              5890       5891       end