Total Posts: 9607

Oosty wrote:
leighton w wrote:
mp356 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
"Leighton probably has one of those shown in the 2nd pic! "

Thanks Ron

not quite, but I can pee in the yard without worrying if someone will see me!

Leighton, I see some abuse coming your way.

No worries Scott, I have pretty thick skin.

Is that from pee-ing in the yard in winter?

leighton w
Total Posts: 9607

georgms wrote:

Leighton, your nightly city-scene reminds me a bit of Don's work - in other words: a great shot!

Thank you Georg. I'm flattered that it reminds you of Don's work.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3056

georgms wrote:
MarkdV wrote:
Thanks everyone for the comments on the fairground pics and for the second place in the last WA.

Curtis, I hope you find time to try a couple - I made it my challenge for the year to enter 12 this year and get at least one 3rd place or better. So far I've done 6 so on track and 3 have been in the top 3. All I need is that all elusive trophy that Jeff seems to collect at will (and is well deserved by him).

Ray, loving your series from the Smokeys. The old dodge is a great pic

Curtis, nice shots with the 55, those little birds are very cute.

Here's one I posted a colour version of earlier that I've now B&W'ed. I'd be interested in some feedback of which people prefer.

Oh, for all those in the US tomorrow happy 4th of July and please be safe around the fireworks.

Mark, I prefer the B&W-version. The color-version would work better without the red stuff in the background. Converting this image to B&W solves this issue. I hope that isn't too critical, I don't wanna hurt your feelings or so, just my thoughts.

My thoughts (all around) as well. B/W all the way.

georgms
Total Posts: 3489

A question for the Reflex-Nikkor users here:
is there a notable difference between the old and new version of the 500/8? I'm aware of the much reduced minimum-focusing distance of the new version.
Apart from this: how's your take on the tripod mount for instance (maybe the rotatable lens-mount of the old version might give the oldtimer an edge).
Many thanks in advance, Georg!

James Markus
Total Posts: 4467

BRAVO! to the MF Nikkor shooters.

I could have sworn I commented on these, but I don't see them? Anyway, great job Mark, Jeff, and Leighton.

mp356 wrote:
MarkdV wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Congratulations to Mark for getting second place in the weekly assignment (Night Lights). This was my entry taken with the 50/1.2 on my way to the market a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks Leighton.

Jeff (Foggy) came in 3rd as well and with your entry a good week for the MF crowd - although I confess I used an AF lens on mine.
I loved your entry, it was very atmospheric. I think one of the other posters said it best when he said it was effective on several levels at once.

Yes, congratulations to Mark, Jeff, and Leighton! Way to go NMFAS members.

James Markus

Ray, I like all three of these.

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's a few more from the Smoky's.

The first shot is using the 135mm 2.8 "Down by the Mill"

16mm 3.5 - I call this one "Relief is in Sight:

16mm 3.5 "The old Dodge"

James Markus

50mm f1.2 ais @ f1.4

the solitaire
Total Posts: 825

That old Dodge photograph is just stunning. Awesome photograph. Itīs one of the rare cases where I actually like a B&W conversion.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1520

Georg, good work!

Jared, you make magic with the E

Ray, love your truck

I got nothing so had to scratch the archive for some orchids, this is a macro in reverse o-r-c-a-m, just call it orbcam

nikon nikkor 8mm 2.8 ais cymbidia orchid d800 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

and the obligatory 100 % crop

nikon nikkor 8mm 2.8 ais cymbidia orchid d800 crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

rafaelcasd

Another extreme, the 55 1,2 sc at 1,2 well focused at noon.

nikon nikkor 55 1.2 sc at 1.2 d800 San Diego casa del prado by Rafael CA, on Flickr

the100% piece

nikon nikkor 55 1.2 sc at 1.2 d800 San Diego casa del prado crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13370

Wonderful set Ray. I grew up with cousins in northern Minnesota who had outhouses I visited on more than one occasion but that photo takes third place to the other two. But I love how the conversation unfolded after the outhouse shot... especially Peter's comment about Leighton's winter routine. I recall well from my days in Minnesota watching the yellow stream melting the snow... I don't know how tough it made me but...

Luscious shot James... speed kills but with fast lenses they make me smile...

Love the 8mm shot Rafael. We really are blessed to have an occasional photo taken with that stellar lens. I'll never own one, in part because of the price. But it is mainly the discipline required to take advantage of what that lens is capable of doing. Those vertical lines with the curves surrounding them are perfect. But then you've been shooting with this lens for a long time and know what you're doing with it...

CGrindahl

Okay, Rafael... I'll see your one shot with the 55 and raise you three... All wide open.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6134

The haul from the day - all 45/2.8P and 400/5.6 ED AI. It was around 95 degrees F, but only 10 or 20% humidity which made it bearable.

John

rafaelcasd

CGrindahl wrote:
Okay, Rafael... I'll see your one shot with the 55 and raise you three... All wide open.

You win this one Curtis, my building is cool but this is art

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6134

And some more . . .

Who say's you can't take a candid portrait with a 400mm . . .

Also, tomorrow we go underground!

CGrindahl

Amazing performance John. That lens can sing!

CGrindahl

Are these lenses fun, or what Rafael? I've never enjoyed photography as much as I do shooting with these beautiful old lenses. That I can share photos with others who feel the same way only adds to the delight. However we found our way to these lenses, we are very lucky folks...

jaredvanb
Total Posts: 43

rafaelcasd wrote:

nikon nikkor 55 1.2 sc at 1.2 d800 San Diego casa del prado by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Rafael, this is simply stunning! Love the detail in the building, so much to look at and oh so sharp... Well done.

jaredvanb
Total Posts: 43

CGrindahl wrote:
Are these lenses fun, or what Rafael? I've never enjoyed photography as much as I do shooting with these beautiful old lenses. That I can share photos with others who feel the same way only adds to the delight. However we found our way to these lenses, we are very lucky folks...

Very well said...

rafaelcasd

jaredvanb wrote:
rafaelcasd wrote:

Rafael, this is simply stunning! Love the detail in the building, so much to look at and oh so sharp... Well done.

Thank you Jared.

Yes we are lucky Curtis that we can slow down and take time to get exactly what we wanted by using these old wonderfully made and cheap lenses. By the way Nikon is not charging to work on the 15mm 3.5 again after I complained about remaining haze after their first service, hopefully they will replace the element and be done with it.

1       2       3              2995      
       2997              4376       4377       end