Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2973

1       2       3              2973      
       2975              5889       5890       end

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2236

kwoodard wrote:
a.RodriguezPix wr. e:
I'm in sf children's hospital but I only brought my 50mm 1.8d! Darn I wish I new how to pack or listen to my wife!!!

Least that is a nice and versatile focal length...

Sadly I can't contribute here now! I'm so pessimistic! lol this city is awesome weathers cool thought traffic is a bit Meg! xD

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4682

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
a.RodriguezPix wr. e:
I'm in sf children's hospital but I only brought my 50mm 1.8d! Darn I wish I new how to pack or listen to my wife!!!

Least that is a nice and versatile focal length...

Sadly I can't contribute here now! I'm so pessimistic! lol this city is awesome weathers cool thought traffic is a bit Meg! xD

Thats OK! We have a solution for that now... A lot of us from this thread also hang out here when the AF affliction takes over: "MF Nikon Glass" shooters shooting AF !!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

I went out to the Circle Bar Ranch today to take some photos. Usually I take my 300mm to look for birds and gators, but today I was armed with my D600, tripod and 24mm 2.8 AIS. I wanted to take some shots of the marsh land that is so beautiful and prevalent here. So I mounted my camera on my tripod and off I went

The Stream

The Marsh

This fellow was starting off on the levee trail that runs between the marsh and the stream.

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

I am heading to FL again for a week. I am bringing the 25-50mm and probably a AF lens.
Here one today with the Nikkor-PC 105mm f2.5

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

What a cutie. Great shot Chuong! She looks like she enjoys posing for you
Where in Florida are you going?

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Thanks, Ray. Yes, she is posing now and a bit too much at times.
I am heading to the same old place that I go to three times a year, my in-laws in Panama City

rattymouse
Total Posts: 7430

raboof wrote:
I am heading to FL again for a week. I am bringing the 25-50mm and probably a AF lens.
Here one today with the Nikkor-PC 105mm f2.5

Beautiful child!!

adh67
Total Posts: 561

MDoc9523 wrote:
I went out to the Circle Bar Ranch today to take some photos. Usually I take my 300mm to look for birds and gators, but today I was armed with my D600, tripod and 24mm 2.8 AIS. I wanted to take some shots of the marsh land that is so beautiful and prevalent here. So I mounted my camera on my tripod and off I went

The Stream

The Marsh

This fellow was starting off on the levee trail that runs between the marsh and the stream.

Just beautiful Ray.

Bert

Oosty
Total Posts: 4210

Interesting techie discussions here - just as well I don't understand how the tool works just that it does!

My 10 yr old PC has Intel Corel 2Duo CPU,E7300@2.66GHz, 2.67GHz 1.87 GB RAM - when something goes wrong I'll buy a new one. Oh I run it on Windows XP professional Version 2002.

I also process with PSE6 that I bought abot 6 yrs ago in the US and haven't seen any enhancements in subsequent versions that I need.

In this regard my PC just about matches the D200 and the MF glass that I favour

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

Iíve been thinking of a new system too but Iím loth to build one again, oh the hassle
So used am I with my personal preferences, shortcuts and installed programs

Still running PS CS5 on 32bit Vista, Q6400, 4GB RAM and a GeForce 560Ti
I have no idea where I placed my discs and I imagine Iíll need to update my plugins too? Ugh

Currently, some filter plug-ins can cause PS to lockup Ė Color Efex Pro 3.0 and some of the Topaz ones, even Lens Correction.
I run one filter. Pray. Save. Exit. Then restart PS for the rest
Stitching usually causes me trouble Ė incomplete or awry Ė I usually push down to JPEG before stitching, no TIFFs

This lasted me through many years of MMO-gaming, until they pulled the plug on City of Heroes
Iím so out of the game that itís going to take quite a fair bit of time invested on Comparative reviews, research on price lists and guides, bleah

Zichar
Total Posts: 3759

I love the first Ray. You weren't in the water, were you? gators with the 24mm...

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Ray, those recent pics from Florida have been too inviting, may just have to take a trip down there soon. Then I have to figure out what gear to bring and stay clear of the gators

saph

Chuong, beautiful picture of your daughter!

Stokesy, welcome, and great to have another 500 F4P user on the thread. Super collection and display of your gear a few pages back.

Georg, very interesting ghosts and flare in the 55 1.2 pics. I presume you don't have a filter on.

Jose, can't remember if I saw your BIF images on this thread or the AF defector thread. Either way, they were superb.

saph

Bert, really enjoyed the tussle between Fellaini and Tevez! Must have been a fun game, and quite a feat to photograph with a manual lens.

Philippe, exquisite scenery from your trip!

Dylan, your latest street photography was excellent as usual.

saph

Not much work this week with camera and lenses, only some quick photos.

Here's one with the 10.5cm 2.5 with the PK-11A:

And one with the 35 1.4 N, also with the PK-11A:

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Georg - The "nightly harbour-scenes" are very different from you, I like them. Did you have a filter on your 55?

Curtis - I like the dropbox idea, but how exactly does it work?

Ray - The light in your first shot is really nice. As you know midday light is not usually the best time to shoot, but these work. I guess all photography rules are meant to be broke.

Chuong - You have a beautiful daughter, enjoy your visit with the family.

Peter - Time to upgrade...old timer!

Samy - I like the color of the second flower.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

Hi All,

Happy (day after the) 1st of August - Swiss National Day.

Brought to you by the 85mm.

rankamateur
Total Posts: 877

adh67 wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

The Stream

The Marsh

Just beautiful Ray.

Bert

+10 Magnificent

rattymouse

Nikon FM2 w/24mm f/2 AIS lens and Kodak Ektar 100.

rattymouse

Here's a series from Shanghai's Insect market. It was 103 F the day I was out walking and as a result, very few people were out in the market. Normally it is REAL busy with enormous crowds buying and selling insects. Older Chinese men love to buy singing insects like Katydids, crickets and other chirping bugs. Some cost as high as $75!! They inspect these bugs extremely closely, judging their sound, body, and other characteristics. A shame that the stores were so empty this day due to the extreme heat.

I believe all images were taken with my 24mm f/2.0 AIS lens on Fujifilm Neopan 400 film.

Starting outside some vendors were working just on the side walk! Each container has a chirping bug in it.

Inside, there are thousands of bugs for sale.

A rare sale on this hot day.

Each wooden ball has a katydid in it. The noise here is ear shattering. They are all chirping away now.

Even some turtles were for sale.

Just to give you an idea what it is like on a normal day, here are some images from a different trip to this market, shot on my Fujifilm GA645 medium format camera using Ilford Delta 3200 film (it is really dark in there!).

1       2       3              2973      
       2975              5889       5890       end