Total Posts: 2236

Here is another attempt at processing!

a.Rollei.Brujo-9 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

a.Rollei.Brujo-16 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

a.Rollei.Brujo-23 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2236

MarkdV wrote:

Americo, nice shot of the flowers and nice tripod purchase.

Mark, Thank you very much! I love this darn thing, and now I kmow what I've been missing all these years! This tripod is awesome, so I some any tripod can be as well, since I never owned one!! I can't wait to try out more ideas! Thanks again, and as long as books are written, Happy photography!

-Americo.rodriguez 10/02/1976

Nota Bene, Happy Birthday Ms. Emily Jane Brontė 30 July 1818,
and thank you for...Wuthering Heights!!

a.Rollei.Brujo-10 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

a.Rollei.Brujo-11 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

Oosty
Total Posts: 4208

Stokesey wrote:
Just a quick one as a taster taken yesterday on the railway station in Manchester UK, guy using his folding bike as a seat.

Using the 180mm at f2.8 ISO400 at 1/500 and cropped

c&c welcome

Stokesey

Great shot Steve. Welcome to the thread.

I look forward to some more of your work - the lens collection is terrific.

Oosty

bruni wrote:
Peter - how dare you compare me to Curtis? As an enabler he's in a class of his own.

Easy, even Lucifer has followers.

Oosty

CGrindahl wrote:
I'm a sucker for a pretty blonde... Taken at the water's edge in Sausalito with the 400 f/5.6 AI-s ED-IF on a monopod.

Nice images Curtis - the things you'll do to get Reagan back on the thread

Oosty

Ray - your venture into the ND world is very rewarding but will probably cost me money!!

Phillippe - I'll be in the Chamonix MOnt Blanc area in 5 weeks and if I can get any shots like yours I'll be thrilled

Dylan - why on earth would anyone live in Winnipeg? That's coooooold man! The Silver Efex conversion is very nice.

Americo - lovely daisies

Leighton - It looks as if that guy could sleep on a barbed wire fence!

Jay - nice shots and bad luck with the boiler.

rattymouse
Total Posts: 7430

MDoc9523 wrote:
Not nearly as nice as Dylans or Curtis's B&Ws but here is my try after being prodded by Leighton
D600 24mm 2.8 AIS, F16, 3 secs with nd8 filter

The tonal range of this image makes it an absolute winner in my book!

Stokesey
Total Posts: 1543

Thanx for the comments and the welcome into the MF fold folks.

I notice you like a pretty blonde Curtis.

Well we don't always get what we want in life. So when a blonde and a brunette come into the viewfinder we get what we get.

Life throws us some curve balls somedays.

This appeared in my viewfinder while I was using the 180mm at ISO 400 1/1600 at f2.8

Subject not necessarily pretty but that lens is fabulous.

Stokesey

Thanks Ooosty

Playing in SilverFX

I'm sure she was saying "How many times do I have to tell you"

180mm at f5.6 ISO400 1/400th

Loving the thread still.

c & c welcome

Steve

leighton w
Total Posts: 12616

Dylan - It's definitely worth upgrading to LR5 if not for the improve spot removal brush alone. The radial filter is also quite handy as well as the the new basic tab in the lens correction panel. All worthwhile additions. I don't expect I'll ever use Elements again as I don't use layers, but who knows. And with the addition of the Nik plug-in LR is a killer program.

I love your conversion with the ducks.

leighton w

MDoc9523 wrote:
Not nearly as nice as Dylans or Curtis's B&Ws but here is my try after being prodded by Leighton
D600 24mm 2.8 AIS, F16, 3 secs with nd8 filter

I wouldn't say that Ray, I think it's very nice. This is when NIK would be VERY useful, when there's so much tonal range to work with.

leighton w

Stokesey wrote:
Thanks Ooosty

Playing in SilverFX

I'm sure she was saying "How many times do I have to tell you"

180mm at f5.6 ISO400 1/400th

Loving the thread still.

c & c welcome

Steve

Both of these made me laugh. Love the first one with that hair piled so high. And the poor guy sitting there taking it all in.

rattymouse

Well, I slapped my 85mm f/2.0 AIS on my S5 Pro (DX) camera and snapped 40 shots of my daughter. Not one, not a single one was in focus. I just can't do it. I shot a dozen or more at f/2, then f/2.8, then f/4 with none of them even close to being in focus. Only at f/5.6 did I get critical focus. Wow the screen on this camera sucks royally. I simply cannot tell when there is focus or not. The green dot is beyond useless. It does not matter at all if it is lit or not.

My Nikon FM2 is sooooooooo much better. I just love the screen on that camera.

leighton w

rattymouse wrote:
Well, I slapped my 85mm f/2.0 AIS on my S5 Pro (DX) camera and snapped 40 shots of my daughter. Not one, not a single one was in focus. I just can't do it. I shot a dozen or more at f/2, then f/2.8, then f/4 with none of them even close to being in focus. Only at f/5.6 did I get critical focus. Wow the screen on this camera sucks royally. I simply cannot tell when there is focus or not. The green dot is beyond useless. It does not matter at all if it is lit or not.

When I had my D7000 it had the back focus issue that a lot of others had when it first came out. After I sent the camera to Nikon it came back fixed and once again I could rely on the green dot. How does your S5 focus with AF lenses?

rattymouse

leighton w wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

When I had my D7000 it had the back focus issue that a lot of others had when it first came out. After I sent the camera to Nikon it came back fixed and once again I could rely on the green dot. How does your S5 focus with AF lenses?

No problems with autofocus lenses. However, I dont have an autofocusing 85mm lens so have not tested such an extremely thin DOF. I am not concerned too much as I do not intend to shoot digital at all for the rest of this year. I just wanted to try out these new lenses that I picked up the past few weeks on the S5. Certainly this trial was a failure!!!

Back to the FM2.

Stokesey

Thanx Leighton

I'm glad I put a smile on your face.

Manchester UK is full of interesting characters.

How about this for sartorial elegance? You would have thought they'd at least give him some shades to advertise.

Hey Ho

180mm @ f2.8 ISO 400 1/5000th - SilverFX

Steve

DTOB
Total Posts: 1359

Steve, you're a sniper with that 180! I like where this is going, keep it up.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3287

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's a couple shots from the Hillsborough River State park. I had to try my new tripod on some moving water. So Melody and took the afternoon to explore. She walks ahead of my and scouts out the locations for the best shots. I stop and take the photos
There are taken with the D600 and 24mm 2.8 AIS

Beautiful, I like the way water was exposed leaving the sensation of movement.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3287

mp356 wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
I have a 35mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.4 and although I relied on the green dot with the D7000 with the D600 I can usually nail the focus visually

On my D7000, I usually rely on the green dot and arrows. I find that the solid green is not always the sharpest. Sometimes I need to be at the right flashing arrow and dot alternating to get best focus. Kevin, I think you have experienced the same. It does differ with which lens too.
Scott

I have had exactly the same experiences here with my D7000; most worh better at a blinking ( > O ), some at (O) and none at (< O).
Even the D600 works better at a blinking ( > O ) for some lenses, but most are spot on the dot (O).

molson
Total Posts: 13046

designdog wrote:
LR5 is an excellent raw editor whose strength is in file management: getting photos in, basic processing, printing, uploading social networking, etc. with each iteration Adobe enhances the editing features. LR5's best new feature is the assorted image leveling controls in the lens setting. Really works well.

Photoshop doesn't offer me anything that I need beyond what LR does, except for the handy panorama stitching feature, so CS6 will be the last version I ever buy (thanks in part to their CC licensing scheme). With LR, I can quickly import, keyword, do a quick WB and levels tweak. and upload the finished images to my web site, clients, and stock libraries.

I'm hoping Apple keeps improving Aperture, because I will likely switch back if Adobe decides to go the CC-only route with the next version of LR.

But LR does not do layers, and that is the disconnect for me. Sure, you can get close with the brush tool, but features such as blending modes, real masks, luminosity masking, smart filters, content aware edits, etc. are not in Lightroom. The list goes on.

I'd rather be a photographer (and get those things right in-camera) than be a graphic design technician (i.e. the type of user Photoshop is actually intended for...)

1       2       3              2966      
       2968              5885       5886       end