Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2889

1       2       3              2889      
       2891              4297       4298       end

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13152

Laura, your set of photos of the deer are beautiful. I can imagine how it must have inspired you when you encountered this gorgeous creature. No doubt such moments are magical. I understand that deer are not happy companions on this planet for folks who grow things. Tall fences in Marin are there only because so many deer come down from the hills to forage. Not being a gardener, I can simply appreciate them for their beauty. And the only thing I shoot with is my camera...

Very fine work. Hope classes are going well. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your film work once you arrive at that point. Enjoy the summer.

CGrindahl

Scott, that is a great set of images. Your rust work is quite fine but I always enjoy bokeh play as well. Very nicely done. I've really been enjoying your contribution to this thread.

CGrindahl

saph wrote:
...Here's a different image, taken with the 105 2.5 P Sonnar version, on a rainy, misty day a couple weeks ago.

The Sonnar! I LOVE this image Samy. It doesn't get any better than this... and no tubes. This is the 105 that stays in my camera bag though at the moment it is FILLED with converted pre-AI lenses. What fun this is!

CGrindahl

jhinkey wrote:
...Actually got out into the mountains yesterday, but it was going to be a tough slog in some potentially nasty weather, so the heavy FX gear stayed at home - not worth carrying it if there would be nothing to see for the most part. Instead the (sorry!) m43 gear went along:

http://hinkey.zenfolio.com/p193626793

Three guys, one very experienced, got caught in an avalanche near the top in this very same spot about a 5 weeks ago with the experienced guy being killed and buried. They fell about 1,300 ft down the mountain - they just found his body two weeks ago. Always have to be careful out there . . .

Wonderful panorama John, but what captured me in this post is your comments about the climbers who got in trouble on the mountain. I've no doubt that as a husband and father safety becomes a much higher priority. I'm sure it is ever on your mind that your family would be devastated were anything to happen to you during one of your climbs. I know how magical those experiences are for you, that they surely feed your soul. Be safe my friend.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2635

georgms wrote:
Had some fun in the garden after a few days of rain:

Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
24/2Ai and PK-11A wide open

Georg, a masterpiece! The 24/2 master strikes again! I have bought a used PK11a these days, but had no time these busy days to experiment it.

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3010

CGrindahl wrote:
We're having a rainy Memorial Day but clouds on San Francisco Bay were intriguing enough that I stopped by the Larkspur Ferry Terminal to take a few photos of San Quentin prison and the cloudy sky. I shot with the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd at f/8, hand held. This is a panorama of five portrait oriented photos that I converted in Silver Efex Pro 2. Enjoy.

For a moment I thought it was a picture from Georg (it is a compliment )

CGrindahl

I take it as exactly that Philippe. Georg consistently offers us stunning work. He sets the bar high for all of us, though I might say the same about your work. Always a pleasure... to see your take on France.

Lieutenant Z

Samy I liked the shot of the Starfighter : not sure that the Luftwaffe has kept a good memory of this "flying coffin"....

Scott nice set. 98 % blurred in the 1st one : you are the bokeh world champion

asiostygius

CGrindahl wrote:
... Here's a shot taken last month with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd with a PK-13 tube attached.

This was shot at f/8. The focal plane becomes so thin when using tubes that it is generally a good idea to stop down. But you need to keep an eye on your shutter speed when you do that, so often it is better to shoot in manual mode to select the shutter speed you need for that particular focal length. That obviously becomes more important when using tubes with longer glass. Enjoy!

Superb! Curtis, you shooting at f/8!!! This is heresy

asiostygius

pburke wrote:
georgms wrote:

Ray, the dragonfly-shot is amazing. Your - apart from the dragonfly - "resultless" birding-trip was exactly what I meant a few pages back. I'm in awe about the patience and dedication of birders and nature-photographers.

I had to track this guy all day long through the Wisconsin woods - hard to get close enough with just a 300mm lens - actually, the zoo is only 10 mins from my office and I had some time over lunch

300mm f4.5 ED 1/400s f4.5 ISO 640 on D600, handheld, no crop

Deserves another look, fantastic lion portrait.

Lieutenant Z

Thank you Curtis.

Here are 2 young and pretty women from Arles, only 2000 years old and still have got what it takes

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2471

Thanks
Great shot Samy Scott Phillipe Kevin Curtis and Georg

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2958

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks
Great shot Samy Scott Phillipe Kevin Curtis and Georg

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Thanks, and I love this one! Wish more of the snail was in focus (head anyway) but I like the two different species there.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2471

Thanks Kevin .. I should had a lower aperture so maybe I got more focus also on snail

Kry27
Total Posts: 172

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks

Awesome. Awesome shots...

leighton w wrote:ore.
Roland - Welcome back, good to see your work again. I love the first one in your set.

Thank you, leighton. I'll see what I can post more...

georgms wrote:
Roland, sehr schoene Serie (auch im 28/85er Thread)! I really like the first shot and the Fachwerkhaus!

The Fachwerk is a little tilted...
Thank yoe for the comments about the AF-thread - I added some more pictures there and would like comments:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1215666

Had the 28/1.4, 50/1.4, 85/1.4 and the MF 180/2.8 with me, only one of which qualifies for this thread here.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4038

curtis - beautiful moody monochromes. Just gorgeous.

Jeff - what a great sky

Georg - auf wiedersehn Georg Buchner. Great image,

Oosty
Total Posts: 4038

Scott - love the rust !

Laura - what a series!

Kevin - excellent cloudscape

Rafael - magnificent series

Samy - lovely misty image of the aloe (cactus?)

Phillippe - my "young and pretty woman" is lovely. I'm not so sure about yours (the one on the left)

James Markus
Total Posts: 4435

Seemed fitting to photograph the Nikkor 105mm f2.5 with Nikkor 28mm f2.8 ais - since I used the 105 to photograph the 28.

Lieutenant Z

Oosty wrote:

Phillippe - my "young and pretty woman" is lovely. I'm not so sure about yours (the one on the left)

Peter, is Ingrid 2000 y.o too?

pburke
Total Posts: 2112

James Markus wrote:
Seemed fitting to photograph the Nikkor 105mm f2.5 with Nikkor 28mm f2.8 ais - since I used the 105 to photograph the 28.

a fine specimen. Mine is much older and beat up, but the heart is the same.

somewhere in the Alabama Hills along Movie Road in California, 105mm f2.5 with polarizer, f/5.6 1/250s ISO 100. The modern cowboy rides an extra cab...

Been busy editing and re-editing my April images - rain every day here, hazy, depressing when you have a long lens to try out.

Fantastic images over the last few days - been checking in frequently and enjoyed everything from Alcatraz and ants to epic rust, church interiors, and professional dog model Nitro. If our weather stays as gloomy as it is now, I will have to dig out my old telephoto rain cover (courtesy of Fuji film when they still wanted my business) and shoot some stuff in low light.

1       2       3              2889      
       2891              4297       4298       end