2859              5887       5888       end

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5059

Thanks

Great set John
Nice shot Leighton
Nice shot Mark
Great set Matt and Georg

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

leighton w wrote:
Mark - Love the perspective in the last image.

+1 on the last image Mark.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4678

MarkdV wrote:
Nice work on the past few pages everyone. Matt and John, good to see the cameras turned on their masters for a change.

A couple from Albanifest, the 3 day celebration of one of the city's patron saints (St Alban) who was martyred in 283AD. For all the gruesome details of his martyrdom it's basically a 3 day fun fair / drinking and eating session but usually pretty well behaved and on Monday morning you'd never know it was there in good Swiss fashion.

On Saturday in rained heavily most of the day but on Sunday it was much better, we took my son for the first time in a ferris wheel and he took it pretty well.

Both taken with the 24mm f2.8 which I am slowly coming to grips with.

Second one is a great shot, I really like it.

zippy_monster
Total Posts: 158

leighton w wrote:
This was the evening sky yesterday. Taken with the 105/2.5 ais.

105/2.5 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

Nice!

kwoodard

I just got off the phone with a woman that has a lot of old Nikon and Leica equipment from her husbands estate (I am assuming that he passed on). She didn't know if any of it had any worth and wanted to donate it. During our conversation she made mention that she wanted to sell it if possible and donate anything unsaleable. She sounded older so I offered to help her sell if possible. Sounds like her husband was quite a collector, I can't wait to see what all is there. Will keep you posted and hope to have a listing of everything soon. Most of what she was able to read off to me are all things we drool over here...Nikkor lenses and Leica cameras.

jaredvanb
Total Posts: 43

kwoodard wrote:
I just got off the phone with a woman that has a lot of old Nikon and Leica equipment from her husbands estate (I am assuming that he passed on). She didn't know if any of it had any worth and wanted to donate it. During our conversation she made mention that she wanted to sell it if possible and donate anything unsaleable. She sounded older so I offered to help her sell if possible. Sounds like her husband was quite a collector, I can't wait to see what all is there. Will keep you posted and hope to have a listing of everything soon. Most of what she was able to read off to me are all things we drool over here...Nikkor lenses and Leica cameras.

Any chance of a 28mm f/2.8 AI-s in there somewhere?

the solitaire
Total Posts: 2111

Funny thing. I have been thinking of that 28mm f2.8 AIs lens all day today, as well as thinking of the 24 f2.4 AIs used in the photos Mark posted earlier.

I asked a question about the 18mm f3.5 Nikkor earlier, but based on the comments Im sure I wont like it much.

I have to admit, Im very picky when it comes to sharpness, contrast and vignetting in the lenses I use and/or buy. That and mechanical quality.

I have been thinking lately of buying a small lens with an angle of view wider then the 50mm f2 AI I already own.

Both the 24mm angle of view and the 28mm angle of view would be wide enough for my intended use.

I have no experience with either of these lenses and unfortunately none of the two are available for a test drive anywhere near me. Between the two, which has the lower distortion and vignetting. Which has the better overall sharpness and contrast?

I know both lenses are often referred to as awesome. In my case they have to measure up to the 14-24 zoom in terms of image quality. I want to take the lens when I leave the 14-24 at home because of weight and size.

Any advise or shared experience with either of the lenses is greatly appreciated

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

leighton w wrote:
This was the evening sky yesterday. Taken with the 105/2.5 ais.

zippy_monster wrote:
Nice!

Thanks Zippy!

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:
The sun played peekaboo with me today - I went to a place I wanted to shoot in the late afternoon-sun for quite a while now. No chance, the sun was shining bright as long as I was in the car. Stepped out of the car and the sun hid behind some clouds. Time for a coffee back in the car, the sun came out. And so on.

2 horizontal shots with the PC-E 45/2.8D at f/4 stitched to a square
(should have included more of the foreground to get diagonal lines starting at the corners)

Thanks for the kind comments on my past shots, much appreciated!

Georg, thanks for the kind words. Is this shot WITHOUT any corrections from the lens?

Hi Leighton, no, this was shot with two different corrections:
- I've applied some degrees of swing (horizontal axis along the letters on the wall). Stopping down to f/11 or so would have delivered complete sharpness on the building.
- because it's a stitched-together picture it's basically a two-shot-image - the first single shot (upper parts of the final image) was with the lens shifted upwards, the second shot (foreground) with the lens in unshifted-position (could be minor shift as well, but not more than 1 or 2 millimeters).
I did this just for fun and hand-held. Maybe I re-shoot this one and include more of the foreground.

leighton w

georgms wrote:
The sun played peekaboo with me today - I went to a place I wanted to shoot in the late afternoon-sun for quite a while now. No chance, the sun was shining bright as long as I was in the car. Stepped out of the car and the sun hid behind some clouds. Time for a coffee back in the car, the sun came out. And so on.

(should have included more of the foreground to get diagonal lines starting at the corners)

leighton w wrote:
Georg, thanks for the kind words. Is this shot WITHOUT any corrections from the lens?

georgms wrote:
- I've applied some degrees of swing (horizontal axis along the letters on the wall). Stopping down to f/11 or so would have delivered complete sharpness on the building.
- because it's a stitched-together picture it's basically a two-shot-image - the first single shot (upper parts of the final image) was with the lens shifted upwards, the second shot (foreground) with the lens in unshifted-position (could be minor shift as well, but not more than 1 or 2 millimeters).
I did this just for fun and hand-held. Maybe I re-shoot this one and include more of the foreground.

Thanks Georg, I couldn't tell it had any adjustments. But maybe that's the way it should look?

georgms

Matt, love the "goofy" double portrait

John, wow, that's quite a hike, especially for the kids. I like the bokeh of the tiny 45/2.8.

Mark, nice work with the 24/2.8! My fav is the second shot too.

Ronny, love the delicate ghosting on the second shot!

Kevin, I hope you can help the lady. Old Nikon and Leica/Leitz stuff - maybe even Nikkor lenses in M39/Leica thread mount, must be pretty exiting to explore the collection (I've had the hots for a 35/1.8 W-Nikkor C some years ago).

Ronny and Scott - thanks for your comments on the last pictures!

georgms

leighton w wrote:
georgms wrote:

leighton w wrote:

georgms wrote:

Thanks Georg, I couldn't tell it had any adjustments. But maybe that's the way it should look?

To be honest, I didn't care about the final look when I shot this, I was just goofing around with my favorite toys;-)

georgms

Another picture with swing applied, shot this one this evening:

--00 von georgsfoto auf Flickr
"--00" D700 and PC-E 45/2.8D wide open, swing along the outlines of the "Eyes" of this telescope

leighton w

I'm glad you didn't convert to B&W Georg. I love the blue of the pipes along with the water and sky.

kwoodard

georgms wrote:
Kevin, I hope you can help the lady. Old Nikon and Leica/Leitz stuff - maybe even Nikkor lenses in M39/Leica thread mount, must be pretty exiting to explore the collection (I've had the hots for a 35/1.8 W-Nikkor C some years ago).

Will definitely keep everyone in the loop. Hope to photograph the entire collection too...

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

I used the 50mm 1.4 for several shots during our trip to the Smoky's This a lens that I found in a yard sale a while back for $25.00. It was the K version and no conversion kits were available, so I had my good friend trim it for me. I had forgotten exactly how good this lens was until I came across these photos that I had overlooked before. I will use this lens on the D600 for sure!

leighton w

Ray, looks like you timed your trip through the Smoky's at just the right time. I've enjoyed all of your images from there. You're right, this is a fine lens.

jaredvanb
Total Posts: 43

MDoc9523 wrote:
I used the 50mm 1.4 for several shots during our trip to the Smoky's This a lens that I found in a yard sale a while back for $25.00. It was the K version and no conversion kits were available, so I had my good friend trim it for me. I had forgotten exactly how good this lens was until I came across these photos that I had overlooked before. I will use this lens on the D600 for sure!

Beautiful photo Ray, that lens seems to be a keeper for sure...

georgms

Ray, wonderful set! I like especially the last shot - the fine details and the mixture of colors work very well together.
I've never tried my 50/1.4 SC stopped down to f/8, should really give this a try ;-)

Leighton, thanks! I liked the blue- and cyan-tones too and could withstand the temptation to convert it into a grainy B&W-mess ;-)

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Thank you leighton, Georg and Jared. Welcome to the thread Jared!
Our timing was good leighton, although many of the leaves had already fallen in the the lower elevations. We were there for the first snowfall of the year. This was a special treat for Melody , who had never seen snow before

1       2       3              2857      
       2859              5887       5888       end