Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2853

1       2       3              2853      
       2855              4241       4242       end

mp356
Total Posts: 4287

Nice images everyone.

Dean, the cemetery carvings are very nice .

Philippe, I am really enjoying your marine series. Nice looking boats and colors.

Leighton, those strawberries look mouthwatering. Too bad about the internet service. Is it related to the rain you had?

Jose, very nice image with the 800 of the Great Kiskadee.

Chuong, the image of the bird with the 300 2.8 has a very nice detail and background.

Ronny, I like the horse portrait.

Rafael, very nice images of the bike race.

mp356

pburke wrote:
great shots from the bike race - without Monty, we need more bike shots!

We need to convince Philippe to take a few snaps when the Tour De France goes through his neck of the woods this year.

mp356

Visited Letchworth State Park this weekend. We just had some heavy rain the day before making for some nice water flow.
Scott

georgms
Total Posts: 3401

Curtis, more nice pictures from the car meeting. And a great story about the 1950 Mercury. I remember the picture from your Acura - indeed a classy designed car.

Ronny, as usual beautiful work with the 135/2 and 180/2.8! I've shot some horses today too, but used an AF-lens to keep up with the action. Your focusing skills are excellent.

Samy, nice to see another frequent user of the 28/3.5 PC! I like your work with it a lot - especially the very first shot and the last image from the pump station (it looks like a chapel, today's pump-stations will probably look like a concrete/tin-clump).

"Ufdlim" - the 105/1.8 Ais is a very nice handling lens and a good performer. Right now I have 10 lenses with Nikon mount from 85-105mm and the 105/1.8 is (together with the 85/1.4 AF-D) my first pick as a portrait-lens. Philip and Curtis posted already some very nice examples and useful hints - just to add another point: the built-in lens hood is a bit short and flare can be a problem under certain light.

Philippe, love your set from the port! The kayak-shot is excellent.

Leighton, sorry to hear about your internet. Nice work at the farmers market!

Rafael, wow, the 35-200 performs really nice in your hands!

Ben, the "Centrepoint-Tower" is really cool captured! Very well seen.

Scott, I like your set from the State Park a lot, especially the first two shots. The framing of the window suits my taste just fine ;-)
And the 28mm-waterfall-image is beautifully framed too. The flow of the water works great (looks like 1/4 sec shutter-speed or so).

Thanks for the comments on the stools (relicts from a communist past) and the engine-room!

georgms

Found an old shot taken with the 35/2 OC:

D700 at ISO200, 35/2 OC at f/8, 13sec - I like the lines/curves somehow.

mp356

Thank you fpr the comments Georg. I am not sure why the exif for that image shows 1/4 second. It was a much longer exposure, I would say around 1.5 seconds. I had a ND filter on to slow the shutter speed.

I like your time exposure. Looks like a racetrack.

georgms

Scott, thanks - the 1/4sec was just a (wrong) guess. I was curious about the shutter-speed and looked into the exif, but the shutter-speed was not displayed ;-)

georgms

Two images taken today with the 105/1.8 Ais - subject is a somehow "grown church", built out of willow wickers/rods. The tent/tarp was not part of the initial blueprint.
The surrounding (kiosk, lamp-posts) makes a clean shot difficult to say the least.

8 vertical shots with the 105/1.8 stitched

I just have my monthly color-crisis - some colors, especially the fresh green-tones and some red-tones seem to be out of whack.

huddy
Total Posts: 1825

Although I often toy with the idea of selling all my Nikon's and going fully film, my wife usually talks reason back into my head.

Good thing she does, as the shot below from the D700+105/2.5 wouldn't be nearly as quick & easy on a Leica or Pentax 67 as it was with MF Nikkors:

A sleepy little bear worn out from hard play.

huddy
Total Posts: 1825

Lots of good shooting going on too. Even with my heavy focus of shooting film big and small, I always like to come back to this thread and see what everyone is doing.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2615

Thanks Samy, Ronny, Georg and Scott for the comments.

Dean, loved the cemetry set;

Peter B, as usual great mountain shots;

Chuong, lovely wren (?) with the 420/4 MF!

Samy, great pictures with the 28 PC;

Rafael, loved the bike set;

Phillipe, beautiful boat sets;

Leighton, liked your 80-200/4.5 images;

Scott, beautifull collection of images from Letchworth Park;

Georg, great B&W nigh "autobahn" (?) or just a "Straße"?

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2615

Just before bed, nothing special; this is one of the first experiments with the scalloped 50/2 HC + extension tube. The fruit is just ~1 cm in diameter. The 6 blades are evident in the bokeh at the left.

Nikkor-H.C 50mm f/2 + PK13A tube test by labecoaves, on Flickr

D600 + PK-13A (27.5mm) + Nikkor-H.C 50mm f/2 ai´d hand held, ISO 640, f/2.8 at 1/400s. ~35% crop.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1406

Went back for the end of the race. Took the 25-50mm, it is one class above the 35-200 on the D800. This is totally impressive, these cyclists just ended a 100 mile race up and down an 8000 foot mountain, the two winners were only 20 seconds ahead of the pack and everybody else was in the same pack within 40 seconds of each other, this was an international world class race but I expected more separation that a single minute after 6 hours of grueling racing, my hat off.

The distance was now larger on the incoming road and the crowd was much bigger, I was humbled by my lack of ability to take a really good photo of the race end, has nothing to do with the equipment, or focusing, but with technique I am not familiar with.

Without further ado.

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Like I said the 25-50mm is in a class of its own
100% crop

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido Crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido Large Screen by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido winners by Rafael CA, on Flickr

A crop pf the wide angle above at ISO 1100

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido winners crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido winners closer by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido back of the pack by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido post race by Rafael CA, on Flickr

raboof
Total Posts: 1484

Thanks everyone for your comments on the wren shot.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1406

So we finally ended up at the Hacienda de Vega to celebrate mothers day and my daughter's birthday. Nice local restaurant 25-50mm D800. I do not like what I get from the D800 on harsh sunlight, the camera has the dynamic range to tackle it, but I do not like the look, wrong color balance and odd contrast, will figure it out. Must be my monthly color crisis.

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido Hacienda de Vega by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 25-50mm 4.0 D800 Amgen Tour of California Escondido Hacienda de Vega 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13094

Love this shot Scott... very nicely done. I enjoy the others as well but this one sparkles for me.

CGrindahl

Great shot Jose. You're close work is first rate with this an other lenses. Amazing how useful tubes can be with every lens in our kits. Here the 50 f/2 H.C. really shines. Nicely done.

CGrindahl

Wonderful shot of your boy Alan. And send along our thanks to Nikki for her guidance regarding your kit. We want you to be able to stop by from time to time and catch us up with your life in Texas. With a second child on its way, you're no doubt quite busy. Glad you stopped by.

CGrindahl

I'd like to post a few more photos from the car show yesterday, but these are of entertainers who performed. The harsh light made conversion with Silver Efex Pro 2 a sensible solution. These were all shot with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd.

CGrindahl

And a few more...

She knew the lyrics to most of the songs so I think she's a serious fan of this band. They were very good, so I can't criticize her taste...

1       2       3              2853      
       2855              4241       4242       end