Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2852

1       2       3              2852      
2853
       2854              5891       5892       end

leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

jaredvanb wrote:
Lets give it a shot quick...


Wet Daisy by jared.vanbergen, on Flickr


Wet Double Daisy by jared.vanbergen, on Flickr


This is much better. Now, if you edit your profile you can add the link to your Flickr page in the box provided so all one has to do is click on it to see it.



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4212
Country: South Africa

Jared, baie welkom! It's great to have another S African on this thread. Good places to look for Ai and Ais glass in SA are gumtree, bidorbuy or the classifieds at outdoor photography.

Very nice images of the daisies. Keep them coming.

Peter



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4212
Country: South Africa

Rafael - the 15 3.5 is in good hands. I'm quite tempted to buy one in SA in mint condition for $820. What's your view?

Georg - the squashbox images are excellent as usual. Well done.

Scott - I think the day lily shot is great. Love the bokeh.

Samy - the flowers are stunning. Great indication of the quality of at least 40 yr old glass

Curtis - love the candids and also the flowers

Kevin - great set of images from your holiday



adh67
Registered: Mar 23, 2006
Total Posts: 561
Country: United States

Leighton, I love the B&W picture of the musician.

Jared, great flower shots.

Ronny, the lighting in the sheep shot is beautifull

Ray, your Charleston series is great. We went there a few years ago and this brings back good memories.

Bert



adh67
Registered: Mar 23, 2006
Total Posts: 561
Country: United States

A few flowers from the front yard this morning all with the 200mm F4 and tubes.

Bert



adh67
Registered: Mar 23, 2006
Total Posts: 561
Country: United States

double posted.



rafaelcasd
Registered: Jan 07, 2011
Total Posts: 2487
Country: United States

Oosty wrote:
Rafael - the 15 3.5 is in good hands. I'm quite tempted to buy one in SA in mint condition for $820. What's your view?


Peter, it depends, you used to use a D200, if you moved onto FX that is important, else a 16mm 3.5 on DX (or FX) is twice the lens for half the price. Also you will have to practice focusing to get really sharp photos, these lenses are unforgiving if focused on the wrong part of the frame, or they can give you a fully sharp frame if well used. You can really only use them at f8 through f16, you need to shade the front element with your hand. The cap is beautiful but impractical. Do you enjoy owning it as much as using it? ready for a garage queen that goes out on sunny days only?

You could sell it in ebay for $1100 if like new. or to me for $500.



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 3699
Country: United States

Thanks Peter (Knysna), that 13.5cm lens is from ~1960 per the photosynthesis page. And thanks for the correction on the leopard vs. jaguar at the Smithsonian museum. Per Wikepedia the leopard has an "..unequaled ability to climb trees even when carrying a heavy carcass". Jaguar spots are also different. What was your experience with the Smithsonian that was negative, may I ask?

Thanks Jose, still a mystery why the TC16A is not behaving. Interestingly it seems to work more indoors.

Bert, beauties again with the 200 + extension tubes!

Jared, bright colorful flowers against a black background always shine, very nice.

Kevin, very nice portrait of the youngster and good conversion.

Ronny, the sheep seem captivated by the photographer, very well taken.

Leighton, cool cowboy boot at the market.

Scott, did I miss the Williamsburg images? Really liked what Jose reposted.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Thank you Bert and Samy!



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4212
Country: South Africa

Franche - Molto buono! Love the ladybird.

Buddy - welcome - nice dog.

Bert - fantastic Cape Cod images. Also about the closest you want to get to one of those little "buzzers"!! Super flowers.

Samy - beautiful turtle.

Ray - You really have captured Charleston so well

Rafael - that board is a literal masterpiece

Ronny - very sharp sheep and stag beetle jaws. Excellent.

Leighton - market shots are top drawer!

Kevin - neat portrait

Doug - welcome - dramatic start



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Thanks Peter, played any golf lately?



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4212
Country: South Africa

saph wrote:
Thanks Peter (Knysna), that 13.5cm lens is from ~1960 per the photosynthesis page. And thanks for the correction on the leopard vs. jaguar at the Smithsonian museum. Per Wikepedia the leopard has an "..unequaled ability to climb trees even when carrying a heavy carcass". Jaguar spots are also different. What was your experience with the Smithsonian that was negative, may I ask?

.


My experience, which sadly was limited due to the extreme heat in moving from building to building, was outstanding! I loved it and only if they had misnamed a leopard would I have lost the faith



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Here's a few more from the market. Taken with the 180.


180/2.8 ED AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr


180/2.8 ED AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr



Oosty
Registered: Mar 09, 2009
Total Posts: 4212
Country: South Africa

rafaelcasd wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Rafael - the 15 3.5 is in good hands. I'm quite tempted to buy one in SA in mint condition for $820. What's your view?


Peter, it depends, you used to use a D200, if you moved onto FX that is important, else a 16mm 3.5 on DX (or FX) is twice the lens for half the price. Also you will have to practice focusing to get really sharp photos, these lenses are unforgiving if focused on the wrong part of the frame, or they can give you a fully sharp frame if well used. You can really only use them at f8 through f16, you need to shade the front element with your hand. The cap is beautiful but impractical. Do you enjoy owning it as much as using it? ready for a garage queen that goes out on sunny days only?

You could sell it in ebay for $1100 if like new. or to me for $500.



Thanks Rafael - I'm not a collector which is why I've stayed away so far. When I'm in the US I'll look for a 16mm 3.5 since I still believe the D200 is an amazing camera for the number of photographs I take.

I value your advice.

Peter



franche63
Registered: Apr 06, 2013
Total Posts: 22
Country: Italy

Leighton the 180mm is a fantastic lens! the flowers are beautiful



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

franche63 wrote:
Leighton the 180mm is a fantastic lens! the flowers are beautiful


Thank you Francesco, I love using it.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5639
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here a final few from Charleston, SC using the 16mm 3.5





Ray, lovely series from Charleston. This one is my favorite.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5639
Country: United States

asiostygius wrote:
mp356 wrote:
A few from Colonial Williamsburg. Thanks for looking.
Scott


Scott, loved this bokeh playing!



Thank you Jose. It is a great place to visit.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5639
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Ronny, love the sheep shot!


+1 on this image Ronny.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 5639
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Lot's of good stuff since yesterday!

Here's my weekly market addition.


180/2.8 ED AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr




Nice series Leighton. You were not sporting boots like that the day we visited.



1       2       3              2852      
2853
       2854              5891       5892       end