Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2850

1       2       3              2850      
       2852              5890       5891       end

franche63
Total Posts: 22

Hi all,thanks for comments. here another picture with D300 and 80-200f4.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Here a final few from Charleston, SC using the 16mm 3.5

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Jay, this particular one was at Lake Elkhorn about 20 min south of Baltimore, someone said there were herons there last week but no such luck today. I have also often gone to Patapsco Valley State park for walks, that's off route 1. Have to still try Lake Roland that you suggested.

Bert, that wasp on the bud is colorful, bright and sharp!

Ray (FL), very nice deep blue sky as background for those beautiful buildings and houses in Charleston.

One more from today with the 400 5.6 ED AIS with TC 16A

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8411

rafaelcasd wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
Great images everyone!

I've got nothing, squat, bupkis, zilch, nada, etc. to show.

I've been having to sit on the side as it's been way too busy to get out lately even with some stunning weather here in the Pacific Northwest.

Heading to South Dakota tomorrow for a week and hopefully I'll have some good stuff to post from the road.

- J

PS - It looks like the 16/3.5 AI, 45/2.8P, and 400/5.6 ED AI are the MF Nikkors going on the trip. The carry-on bag with my photo gear + laptop in it sure is going to be heavy . . . .

Great choices John, looking forward to the images.

Thanks -

On the AF/non-Nikkor side it's either the 17-35/2.8DAFS or 18-35GAFS, 50/1.8G, 90/3.5CV, and 70-200/4AFS
Also packing the GH-2 + 12-35/2.8 for any video needs (plus an adapter to throw on my F-mount glass if the moment hits me).

- John

the solitaire
Total Posts: 2122

CGrindahl wrote:
the solitaire wrote:
Ai 50mm f2 on a D300 shot at f2
Shutter speed 1/30
No flash used

It appears you intend to spend a bit of time with us, which is delightful. I'm sure Georg will be happy to have a fellow country man participating. It seems we have a few German speakers as well, as we've discovered lately.

I'd invite you to add your first name to your profile so we can refer to you by your real name rather than a username. This is a friendly group and we've gotten to know one another a bit over time. It also proves useful if you list your camera gear. Since we're talking gear it can be useful to know what another user is shooting with when making suggestions regarding lenses. I note you first arrived with a question about the 18 f/3.5. We're doing that all the time.

Welcome. Don't hesitate to jump into conversations. The more the merrier

You seem like a nice bunch so I think I might stick around for a while. Itīs not all that common to find a group of people who have the same respect as I do for those older manual lenses which makes most gear discussions elsewhere a bit short lived and ending with "best get that newest lens".

My name is Buddy. Iīm not a native German speaker but I happen to be in Germany at the time and itīs not a bad place to be at all.

I did try to list my camera gear but this signature thingy doesnīt really show up. As of recently I own 6 AF lenses and 3 MF lenses. I wish to expand the MF lenses a bit. Looking for a nice sharp and contrasty wide angle, a fast 50, and a 105 f2,8 AIs micro Nikkor.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2487

Welcome Buddy.

I keep playing with the 15mm 3.5, I have complained to Nikon about not replacing the element, and having very slight haze still on it after cleaning. However it is performing so well, I might just drop my complaint.

Never been able to capture this surfboard so well, it is really mostly the light, the glass surface reflects so much, this lens allowed me to light it and approach it from the right angle, the damaging reflection is only at the top, with some from the bed below, will need to lay sheets at the bottom to light perfectly. This was taken diagonal with the D800, the picture is 7500 pixels long. NX2 stopped multithreading when this was tilted 30 degrees, had to save as 16 bit tiff and finish editing on the tiff. it is an oil painting on surfboard foam with fiberglass over, the oil painting will not be very sharp. it is 'panorama' scroll right, this thing is more than 9 feet long..

Beauty Surfboard Nikkor 15mm 3.5 D800 at 11 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Crop, the 'grain' is foam and fiberglass.

Beauty Surfboard Nikkor 15mm 3.5 D800 at 11 crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

asiostygius
Total Posts: 3289

mp356 wrote:
A few from Colonial Williamsburg. Thanks for looking.
Scott

Scott, loved this bokeh playing!

asiostygius

CGrindahl wrote:

I was able to catch one reasonably sharp photo of this cocky crow dancing along the top of the fence at the back of Imagination Park.

Nice!

asiostygius

rafaelcasd wrote:

san juan capistrano 15mm qdc ai f5.6 at 11 nikon nikkor D3 9 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Beautiful capture!

asiostygius

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's few more of the re-edits from Charleston, SC with the 16mm 3.5

Ray, magical image !

asiostygius

rafaelcasd wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
pburke wrote:
the solitaire wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the Ai 18mm Nikkor lenses? I really like the focal length and wonder if those work well on digital.

It has a tendency to heavy vignetting - on film and digital. Needs to be stopped down a lot to get decent corner illumination. Apart from that a decent lens, but I find it overpriced for the performance it delivers.

+1 My experience exactly FWIW.

+2 My experience too.

Ray, just great 16mm photos.

The day ended well, I am falling in love with the 15mm.

nikon nikkor 15mm 3.5 at f8 d800 sun set by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Love it!
Is there a BIF at bottom left?

asiostygius

mp356 wrote:
georgms wrote:
another one, this time with the D7000:

poor little thing II von georgsfoto auf Flickr
D7000 at ISO3200, 1/50sec. handheld, Ai-Nikkor 28/2 + PK-11A, full aperture

Georg, I like the graphic quality to this. Nice b&w conversion.

+1

asiostygius

kwoodard wrote:
Well, I just uploaded a bunch of pics to my Flickr account from my recent vacation. Here are a couple of samples...

All set is marvelous, but I liked the most this one.

asiostygius

adh67 wrote:
A couple more from our front yard last week. Both with the 200mm f4 and tubes. As I am not a big fan of wasps (I stepped in a wasp nest when I was a teenager, not a pleasant experience) the added working distance is much welcome.

Bert

Wow, nice wasp image.

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5070

Thank's everyone

Great set Kevin.. agree with Jose
Great shot on the sky Rafael
Wonderful B&W Georg as always
Awesome shot on the turtle Samy
Great set Ray
Love the Vineyard shot Bert.. Wow !

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr
Lucanus cervus corpse ;-)

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Ronny, love the sheep shot!

leighton w
Total Posts: 12621

Lot's of good stuff since yesterday!

Here's my weekly market addition.

180/2.8 ED AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

180/2.8 ED AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

And a beautiful 1966.

Cherry66_180/2.8 ED AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr

asiostygius

Thanks Ray, Georg, Cutis, Kevin (hope you can recover and solve the neck pain issue), James, Rafael, Leighton and Peter (S.A.) fro the very kind comments.

Andy, nice flower with the 20/4;

Peter B, beautiful chess set images;

Leighton, great flower image showing the capabilities of the 28/2.8 ais;

Ronny, as usual fantastic flowers;

Avi B, great set with the venerable 400/5.6 ais;

Rafael, superb set taken with multiple lenses, more than worth see the images again;

Samy, gorgeous flower with 135/3.5 Q + tube, and cute turtle with your 640mm f/9 lens!

zippy_monster
Total Posts: 158

rafaelcasd wrote:

(the pupusa is in the middle)

I am homesick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not so bad, there is a good Salvadoran restaurant in Escondido, their Curtido and pupusas are second to none, and they always have Loroco.

Ahh up here the best pupuseria I've found is a Mexican place. Their masa is, however, amazing.

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5070

Thank's
Great set Leighton

1       2       3              2850      
       2852              5890       5891       end