/forum/topic/929565/2849

1       2       3              2849      
       2851              4153       4154       end

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2806

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks Leighton

Bee and few with 180mm + Extension Tube 36mm

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

I think you have found your calling! These are all exquisite! That one with the bee is awesome!

pburke
Total Posts: 1908

how did you bribe those bees to keep coming you "your"flower? If I tried this, they'd go to any flower but the one I am focused on.

georgms
Total Posts: 3325

Ronny, wow, amazing work with the 135/2 and the 36mm-tube again! This is truly spectacular stuff.

Curtis, very nice work with the 35/1.4! The second rose-shot is especially nicely framed.

Jose, very nice view from your balcony! The "loser" 50mm does quite well in your test.

Philippe, your seascapes are fantastic. Love the sparkling water. Makes me wanna visit France ;-)

Ben, your nightly Nikki-stitches are top notch. The second image is a perfect "this big city never sleeps"-picture. Amazing.

georgms

Just like Curtis I've tried to use a wide-angle for close-ups too, but the 35/1.4 is not a wide in my book
Here's an image taken with my out-of-wack 20/3.5 Ais coupled with a 8mm-Nikon tube to the D3s:

some tiny leaves after a thunderstorm - 20/3.5 Ais, PK11A, f/5.6, cropped

raboof
Total Posts: 1460

georgms wrote:
Just like Curtis I've tried to use a wide-angle for close-ups too, but the 35/1.4 is not a wide in my book
Here's an image taken with my out-of-wack 20/3.5 Ais coupled with a 8mm-Nikon tube to the D3s:

That's an awesome shot, Georg

I just managed to put the D2X modes on my D700. I didn't know it is possible.

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

kwoodard wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks Leighton

[url=hlsson[/url], on Flickr

I think you have found your calling! These are all exquisite! That one with the bee is awesome!

Ronny - amazing series - and I'm in awe that you can do this handheld. Wonderful stuff.

ben

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

CGrindahl wrote:
I appreciate all the suggestions for where Sue and I might land. I'll admit John, that after your note last evening I found myself perusing real estate listings in Puget Sound. If we went to the Olympic Peninsula we could likely pull it off. Seattle is certainly a gorgeous place but a move like that would be a much bigger deal than heading to Florida simply because Sue's family will offer their support. Sue's mom is getting on in years and there is something appealing to her about being close right now. Of course, she can do that occasionally with visits but since it appears a move will happen, it may as well be there. At the moment she is searching Marin high and low.

And Mihai, Sue and I have definitely talked about the possibility of spending a few years in Florida and then moving on. I don't think winter will ever be on the radar for us, so as much as Ben wants to send me to Transylvania with a wooden stake... I don't think it will happen...

T

Curtis - mmmm how you rmind works - I never said anything about a wooden stake.

ben

georgms

Chuong, thanks, I'm glad you like the kinda wild bokeh ;-) The 20/3.5+PK11A-combo is pretty sharp in the central part of the image.

Weird things happened while stitching shots taken with the 20/3.5 Ais in the engine-room of an old East-German-ship:

Downsized from 17000x4000pixels: That's a nice big crankcase, but I have to learn to pre-visualize panos. And I should try other stitching-programs...

kwoodard

georgms wrote:
Chuong, thanks, I'm glad you like the kinda wild bokeh ;-) The 20/3.5+PK11A-combo is pretty sharp in the central part of the image.

Weird things happened while stitching shots taken with the 20/3.5 Ais in the engine-room of an old East-German-ship:

Downsized from 17000x4000pixels: That's a nice big crankcase, but I have to learn to pre-visualize panos. And I should try other stitching-programs...

I like it Georg! What are you using to stitch with? I use PS5 and have used PTGUI in the past. I want to try Microsoft ICE as well...

georgms

Thanks, Kevin! It was done with PS6 (auto-everything-setting). Right now Hugin gives my MacMini a stitching-workout...

pburke

I like that it goes on for about 380 degrees - took me a while to wrap my head around it, so to speak

kwoodard

pburke wrote:
I like that it goes on for about 380 degrees - took me a while to wrap my head around it, so to speak

Back when Shockwave was still around, I used to make a lot of QuickTime VR's... Essentially the same technique as this, but we would make sure the ends met up cleanly too. Gives you a full 360 view.

georgms

Peter, yes, it should go around for over 360 degrees - but the very first frame ends up somewhere in the middle of the stitched pano.
I've tried Hugin and AutoPano and got the same strange results. I'm probably too impatient to learn how to use these programs properly.
Right now I try to create small pano-parts (5-6 stitches each) and will try to stitch the smaller panos together. But it's already late in the night, maybe I have to play with this tomorrow.

pburke

QTVR was cool stuff when it was new - even went to a special training at Ann Arbor for it. Never really took off.

I stitch most 360 panoramas in Microsoft ICE - it knows automatically where it overlaps, but I see no way to force it to do more than 360 degrees which is the odd thing about Georg's image, and in a way kinda cool

mp356
Total Posts: 4249

Mishu01 wrote:
Greetings all! I enjoy all your great contribution to the thread with the sorrow that I have no time to join the party... at least not for now In ten days I am scheduled for my hip replacement surgery and lot of things needs to be done in advance, both on my private and my professional life. I just wanted to greet you all, to congrats you for the unbelievable quality of the images. Keep them coming and remember that someone here is watching you

Best of luck on your surgery. Hope to see you posting images very soon.

mp356

Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny, what an amazing set of images. The pollen detail on the bee is fantastic.

mp356

georgms wrote:

Very nice Georg. You would definately need to pre-visualize this!

georgms

Thank you, Scott!

Here's the latest version of this engine-room - still miles apart from my pre-visualization, but a bit closer than version 1:

In the original the details on the type-plate are clearly readable: 1800 Horsepowers at 250 revs per minute ;-)
the right part of the image is crooked somehow - will try to correct this tomorrow - over and out, good night and good luck

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2576

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks Leighton

Ronny, you are outdoing yourself, gorgeous flower now with the 180/2.8ED.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2576

CGrindahl wrote:
Amazing... it is possible to take photos of flowers with wide lenses as well... Here are three photos taken with the 35 f/1.4 AI-s yesterday. I've driven by this home many times and stopped on a few occasions to take photos of the roses. Yesterday the home owner was watering when I stopped by. He was most appreciative of my compliments.

Because of the bright morning light I had to stop down a bit... summer is on its way. But CRC works every time, stopped down or not.

Curtis, the 35/1.4 is one of the lens I am resisting mostly due to high prices... don't do that with me!

1       2       3              2849      
       2851              4153       4154       end