Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2846

1       2       3              2846      
2847
       2848              3801       3802       end

Lieutenant Z
Registered: Nov 21, 2010
Total Posts: 2828
Country: France

leighton w wrote:
Philippe, what's the age difference between your daughters? Looks about the same as mine, around 22 months.


28 months.



huddy
Registered: Oct 19, 2010
Total Posts: 1818
Country: United States

Congratulations Laura!



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 2060
Country: United States

Aah it must be the factory AI ring that makes it look a bit different near the rear mount? That lens is a lot of fun! That's the same version I have.

pburke wrote:
saph wrote:
I am stumped, which lens is that Peter? And congrats!


55mm f1.2 Nikkor-S can't wait to turn the world into an out-of-focus blob



Jorge Torralba
Registered: May 16, 2007
Total Posts: 2338
Country: United States

One more with the 50 1.2







CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 11926
Country: United States

I'm back from a quick trip to the Gold Country of California, alas, without any photos to show for it. We were so busy yesterday trailing behind a local realtor who introduced us to neighborhoods as well as quite a few homes for sale that there wasn't time for photography. What can I say... its beautiful country but doesn't seem to be what the doctor ordered. I'm afraid a move to the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains is not in the cards. More will be revealed as we short through possibilities. it is still possible a move to Florida will be in Sue's future, which would likely lead to a move by me. Stay tuned...

A trio of photos from two days ago, taken with the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd which has actually been removed from the camera and is not in the camera bag. Now all I have to do is get out and shoot...





jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 5213
Country: United States

I think you should be looking about 800 miles further North for your next place of residence . . . .



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 1634
Country: United States

learned something new today about how to make more realistic looking HDR than the silly presets it contains. I've posted these images before, but not processed like this (32bit files through camera RAW)

two source images, 105mm f2.5, both f8, one at 1/320s, the other at 1/40s, or -1 and plus 2 stops over metered value







you can even see a spider web in that engine at 100%.

another one I redid using this process from the original 16-bit HDR to a more pleasing look - this was taken with the 20mm f3.5, split toned














kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 2382
Country: United States

pburke wrote:
learned something new today about how to make more realistic looking HDR than the silly presets it contains. I've posted these images before, but not processed like this (32bit files through camera RAW)

two source images, 105mm f2.5, both f8, one at 1/320s, the other at 1/40s, or -1 and plus 2 stops over metered value







you can even see a spider web in that engine at 100%.

another one I redid using this process from the original 16-bit HDR to a more pleasing look - this was taken with the 20mm f3.5, split toned














What is the technique? Care to share?


leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 8581
Country: United States

Kevin, I'm not sure how Peter did it, but here's a method you might try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLh76QhZkY



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 8581
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
I'm back from a quick trip to the Gold Country of California, alas, without any photos to show for it. We were so busy yesterday trailing behind a local realtor who introduced us to neighborhoods as well as quite a few homes for sale that there wasn't time for photography. What can I say... its beautiful country but doesn't seem to be what the doctor ordered. I'm afraid a move to the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains is not in the cards. More will be revealed as we short through possibilities. it is still possible a move to Florida will be in Sue's future, which would likely lead to a move by me. Stay tuned...

A trio of photos from two days ago, taken with the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd which has actually been removed from the camera and is not in the camera bag. Now all I have to do is get out and shoot...



Hope you and Sue can work this out soon. It's a HUGE ordeal having to move, I'll be praying for y'all.

I love the red in the Roses against the white fence.



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 7177
Country: United States

Thanks Ray, Leighton, Chuong, Peter in WI, Georg, Alan.

Peter in WI, congrags on the new lump of glass

Phillipe, nice shot of the sisters, too bad their attention is focused on the tiny screens everyone's obsessed with nowadays.

Curtis, if you moved to Florida then I would expect to see lots of photos of those flying phenom known as "palmetto bugs" aka flying cockroaches. Maybe take John up on his offer



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 7177
Country: United States

Another from my museum wandering



bruni
Registered: Feb 15, 2012
Total Posts: 1419
Country: Australia

Leighton - I haven't forgotten your urging - a couple of stitches with nikki

ben



Observatory Hill - nikon 85mm f1.8 HC by benmorgan28, on Flickr



nikon 85mm f1.8 HC by benmorgan28, on Flickr



Ronny _Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 1839
Country: Sweden

Great shot Peter in Wi and Laura
Great shot Ben..last one is a Wow !



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 8581
Country: United States

Ben, I agree with Ronny, the last one is very good.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 8581
Country: United States

It's FINALLY stopped raining, at least until tomorrow.


After the Storm 80-200/4.5 AI by Leighton W, on Flickr



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 1634
Country: United States

kwoodard wrote:
pburke wrote:
learned something new today about how to make more realistic looking HDR than the silly presets it contains. I've posted these images before, but not processed like this (32bit files through camera RAW)





What is the technique? Care to share?


I let Gavin Hoey show you the process, because it's truly non-intuitive until somebody shows you how to use the 32-bit process. You export an ugly 32bit file to TIFF and open that into camera raw where you do the actual adjusting



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 1634
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
Kevin, I'm not sure how Peter did it, but here's a method you might try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLh76QhZkY


duh - you beat me to it.



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 1634
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
It's FINALLY stopped raining, at least until tomorrow.


After the Storm 80-200/4.5 AI by Leighton W, on Flickr



Very nice clouds. I sense a local adjustment brush was involved on the highlights. Red filter conversion?



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 3954
Country: United States

raboof wrote:
What else can I say, Philippe. Your shots always get me stop what I am doing. You're back to that 28mm again. Lovely.


+1 Philippe. Great images of your daughters.



1       2       3              2846      
2847
       2848              3801       3802       end