Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2838

1       2       3              2838      
2839
       2840              5888       5889       end

CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

pburke wrote:
lucdeschepper wrote:
The whole series of images (including images shot with my favorite lens, the 105mm f2 DC) can be viewed here http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucdeschepper/sets/72157632140971686/


I have to stop coming to this forum - now I want to buy another expensive lens... and it isnt' even a manual focus Nikkor


I think what you really want is a trip to that museum...

And don't forget there are a number of outstanding MF lenses Nikon makes at 105mm, so you could always save a few dollars and use the saving to apply to a plane ticket... The best experience I've had as an airline passenger have been when flying KLM to Amsterdam...



raboof
Registered: Mar 04, 2011
Total Posts: 2094
Country: United States

So many nice images. My company is moving to a new location this week. I still manage to shoot a few but not able to leave comments on your posts. I clicked "liked" on a lot of them Hopefully things will be back to normal for me in a few weeks.



lucdeschepper
Registered: Apr 05, 2013
Total Posts: 157
Country: Netherlands

georgms wrote:
Two shots from this gray and rainy evening (taken while walking back to the car after shooting a concert):


Very nice shots Georg!



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 4045
Country: Germany

lucdeschepper wrote:
georgms wrote:
Two shots from this gray and rainy evening (taken while walking back to the car after shooting a concert):


Very nice shots Georg!


Bedankt, Luc! I prefer B&W, but at least #2 doesn't work in grayscales ;-) Love the rail-shot, btw.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

georgms wrote:
Two shots from this gray and rainy evening (taken while walking back to the car after shooting a concert):


Unbenannt von georgsfoto auf Flickr
mini-golf, D3s+24/2 Ai wide open too


Really like this one Georg. I keep coming back to look at it.



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

I'm delighted we're attracting participants from Europe, now with Luc and Ronny joining Georg and Philippe. I must say we're very fortunate in having four such fine photographers entertaining us with photos from Europe. Love the work you folks are posting!



lucdeschepper
Registered: Apr 05, 2013
Total Posts: 157
Country: Netherlands

georgms wrote:
lucdeschepper wrote:
georgms wrote:
Two shots from this gray and rainy evening (taken while walking back to the car after shooting a concert):


Very nice shots Georg!


Bedankt, Luc! I prefer B&W, but at least #2 doesn't work in grayscales ;-) Love the rail-shot, btw.


True about #2. The bold red works very well with the other colors. Also excellent use of large aperture for small dof. Danke gleichfalls!



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

The fellow in the image is the son of the woman on the left. He and his wife are new vendors this year selling Pupusas. I think I've shown them on here before. I liked how he was looking at his mom in this image.


50/1.2 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 3006
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
pburke wrote:
lucdeschepper wrote:
The whole series of images (including images shot with my favorite lens, the 105mm f2 DC) can be viewed here http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucdeschepper/sets/72157632140971686/


I have to stop coming to this forum - now I want to buy another expensive lens... and it isnt' even a manual focus Nikkor


I think what you really want is a trip to that museum...

And don't forget there are a number of outstanding MF lenses Nikon makes at 105mm, so you could always save a few dollars and use the saving to apply to a plane ticket... The best experience I've had as an airline passenger have been when flying KLM to Amsterdam...



hmm, yeah, the museum does not come with the lens, I see that now

I already have the 105/f2.5, but this defocus stuff is pretty much bokeh heaven, just like the 55mm f/1.2 I use a lot these days. Actually shot some stuff with the 105 this morning that is waiting to be processed (in fact, 105mm + TC-16a + some tubes)



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 4045
Country: Germany

Leighton, thanks, I'm glad you like my try at colorful stuff ;-)
Your fine family-portrait is a classic B&W-subject, love how the 3 generations act together (sorry for my confusing English).



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

Wonderful light Leighton. Well seen and captured. I like you're conversion as well. I think you like the 50 f/1.2 AI-s... It doesn't disappoint.



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 8405
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
rankamateur wrote:
16mm 3.5 Fish but appears to be non AI and with no rings available now would need to be cut! Lousy listing no pics but a real decent price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Fisheye-16mm-3-5-NIKKOR-Lens-/181164507997?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2a2e3f035d


Actually this is one of the first ones made in 1973. I bought mine for $299 a couple years ago so this seems to be a great price. As I mentioned yesterday I have a whole set of photos exclusively using the 16mm and D7000.
Randy welcome to the thread. This one would be a great lens for you. As a wide angle lens this provides around a 21mm coverage on a D50 or D7100

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/p1064651749


I've been looking for an optically wrecked 16/3.5 so that I could take the mount off of it and throw a CPU on it for transplant to one of my nice copies. Don't want to mess up one of my good copies trying to do that . . .



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 8405
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
The fellow in the image is the son of the woman on the left. He and his wife are new vendors this year selling Pupusas. I think I've shown them on here before. I liked how he was looking at his mom in this image.


50/1.2 AIS by Leighton W, on Flickr


Actually I like how the little boy is looking . . . you've snapped this image just at the right time Leighton.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 12621
Country: United States

Thank you Georg, Curtis and John! And yes, I'm LOVING the 50/1.2.



amlsml
Registered: May 02, 2010
Total Posts: 1640
Country: United States

love this post, has made me go out and buy some manual focus glass, from some of you on this thread! thanks I haven't Auto focused in about 3 weeks, very addictive. Do any of you still use your film camera? I got a beautiful Nikon FE as a freebie with some glass I bought. When using the winder, I accidentally cranked it the wrong way and lost all the parts!!! Any thoughts? Here is my contribution. D600, 105 P 2.5. again great thread!



sonofjesse2010
Registered: Sep 04, 2012
Total Posts: 436
Country: United States

Took this with a 55mm 2.8 AI-S lens.



rafaelcasd
Registered: Jan 07, 2011
Total Posts: 2486
Country: United States

Building the Panama Canal, forgive excessive processing. 5.8cm the antique look king.

They did not pass smog.


nikon nikkor 5.8 cm 1.4 D800 acccidental exposure stuck iris CASE Steam tractors by Rafael CA, on Flickr


nikon nikkor 5.8 cm 1.4 D800 at 1.4 CASE Steam tractors by Rafael CA, on Flickr


nikon nikkor 5.8 cm 1.4 D800 at 1.4 CASE Steam tractors 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr


nikon nikkor 5.8 cm 1.4 D800 at 1.4 CASE Steam tractors 3 by Rafael CA, on Flickr


nikon nikkor 5.8 cm 1.4 D800 at 1.4 CASE Steam tractors 4 by Rafael CA, on Flickr



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

amlsml wrote:
love this post, has made me go out and buy some manual focus glass, from some of you on this thread! thanks I haven't Auto focused in about 3 weeks, very addictive. Do any of you still use your film camera? I got a beautiful Nikon FE as a freebie with some glass I bought. When using the winder, I accidentally cranked it the wrong way and lost all the parts!!! Any thoughts? Here is my contribution. D600, 105 P 2.5. again great thread!


Happy to hear we inspired you and pleased you're enjoying turning the focusing ring. I can't imagine shooting any other way after three years playing with these beautifully crafted lenses.

I'll leave to the film shooters among us to address your question. They're here though digital is still the preferred method. The newest DSLR cameras handle these old lenses wonderfully well so the preference is understandable.

I would encourage you to add your first name to your profile to make conversation flow more easily. We are on a first name basis here. Usernames can be awkward and definitely lack the personal touch. Also, you might wish to list your camera gear in your profile. When we're chatting about gear it can be useful to see what the other person has available. If something particularly useful is missing we can point each other in a good direction... help them spend their money, so to speak...

Welcome. Enjoy yourself. There are quite a few outstanding photographers and an even larger number of outstanding people who frequent this thread.

Lovely shot by the way. I'm a big fan of flowers...



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

I don't like to talk with myself but I was browsing some recent photos and discovered one I'd given five stars to that hadn't been processed. I thought before heading to bed I'd post it... three iris flowers captured in dappled light by the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd, one of the six pre-AI lenses currently in my kit. This old lens is definitely a winner.



Lieutenant Z
Registered: Nov 21, 2010
Total Posts: 3777
Country: France

Georg, your last pictures show that a good photographer can make beautiful images even with bad light. Well done!
Leighton, great moment well captured! Nice b/w conversion, looks like a HDR
Rafael, nice tractors set.



1       2       3              2838      
2839
       2840              5888       5889       end